2014-2015 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted, can't believe there are already II...so fast

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted, can't believe there are already II...so fast

That's exactly what I was thinking! It made me feel like I submitted super late, but then I remembered that it's only the second week :)

Status changed to "on-hold." Taking this to be positive since interviews were given to those with this status lol. Hoping to get an update again soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Status changed to "on-hold." Taking this to be positive since interviews were given to those with this status lol. Hoping to get an update again soon!
Do they send you an email when the status changes?

Still no status update here. Been complete since 7/3

Reactions: 3 users
same here as well, submitted 6/30
waiting on one LOR out of 6, unsure if thats the hold up
its a great program, would hate to miss out on it for a holdup like that

Oh yeah for those getting changed to "on hold", mine was placed there and then I got an II for August probably a week later, so don't lose hope!

Reactions: 1 user
I have been checking my status here way too many times a day for it to be healthy. Hey GWU: :poke:

Reactions: 3 users
I have been checking my status here way too many times a day for it to be healthy. Hey GWU: :poke:

me too. the unfortunate thing is they probably automatically email us when our stat changes so we are prolly checking in vain :p

That's exactly what I was thinking! It made me feel like I submitted super late, but then I remembered that it's only the second week :)

I have to keep telling myself that! I decided to take an extra day or two to really perfect these essays, but of course all of the II going out are making me anxious to submit immediately!! Hopefully getting this one in by later tomorrow won't put me too far behind.

Members don't see this ad :)

I wish there were two different hold statuses.

-Hold 1 meaning "we're seriously considering your application and this hold is simply placeholder"
-Hold 2 meaning "maybe next year lol"

Reactions: 6 users
I wish there were two different hold statuses.

-Hold 1 meaning "we're seriously considering your application and this hold is simply placeholder"
-Hold 2 meaning "maybe next year lol"
That would be awesome.

How long was everyone marked "complete" before their status changed at all?

Alright, most likely a silly question, but I will ask anyways..... can they offer you an interview before they even receive your LOR... not sure why they would anyways, I was just curious :p

me too. the unfortunate thing is they probably automatically email us when our stat changes so we are prolly checking in vain :p

I was not emailed when my status went from complete --> on hold. I was emailed when I got an II though!

How long was everyone marked "complete" before their status changed at all?

I submitted my secondary on 6/28, was placed on hold on 7/5, and was offered an interview on 7/11. n=1, but it's all I have. Hope that helps!

I submitted my secondary on 6/28, was placed on hold on 7/5, and was offered an interview on 7/11. n=1, but it's all I have. Hope that helps!

Thanks! It's nice to have a general timeline

Submitted my secondary on 6/30, hold on 7/3, interview invite on 7/11.

Submitted 2º on 6/30 (9:30a ET). Still with "Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials..." as my status (7/15)... #nervous

I applied during the 2013 app cycle and was waitlisted (post interview)...so maybe my app is treated differently...?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
once more, queue constantly checking my email

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my first interview invite. I'm so psyched!! Definitely one of my top choice schools.

Date: September 4th
Stats: MCAT: 30, sGPA: 3.4, cGPA: 3.5, solid EC's, leadership, and research.
Congrats on the II! I have similar stats to yours. Been complete since 7/3, but still no status change...

Reactions: 2 users
+1 to congratulations and similar stats

Reactions: 1 users
Since GW is giving out interviews so early, how scared should I be if I don't submit a secondary until ~8/10? For what it's worth, 3.66 c/ 3.45 s/ 35 MCAT and GW graduate.

This school is making me so antsy. Seems like everyone is getting interviews except me :mad:

Reactions: 2 users
Quick question about the first essay (brief summary of your activities, academics, employment or other occupations to account for full-time activity (approx. 30-40 hours/week)...). I am working full-time in a doctor's clinic and volunteering in a research lab a few hours each week. I already wrote extensively about both of those activities in my AMCAS app. Did you all use up the full character allotment or do you think it would be okay to say something along the lines of "I am working full time in a doctor's clinic at XYZ hospital and will continue to do so. I also volunteer part time in a lab"? I don't want to repeat myself unnecessarily

Starting to get antsy. Complete 6/30, then app placed on hold. No change since then.

So is it weird to organize an SDN meetup before an interview...

So is it weird to organize an SDN meetup before an interview...

I flew into DC too late for it, but I'm pretty sure that happened last year....

But don't worry, everyone will arrive 45 minutes early on interview day, so you'll have plenty of time to hang out in the Ross Hall Lobby too haha

Quick question about the first essay (brief summary of your activities, academics, employment or other occupations to account for full-time activity (approx. 30-40 hours/week)...). I am working full-time in a doctor's clinic and volunteering in a research lab a few hours each week. I already wrote extensively about both of those activities in my AMCAS app. Did you all use up the full character allotment or do you think it would be okay to say something along the lines of "I am working full time in a doctor's clinic at XYZ hospital and will continue to do so. I also volunteer part time in a lab"? I don't want to repeat myself unnecessarily

I haven't submitted yet, but I'm not planning on using the entire character allotment for this question. They do say it should be a "brief summary" so I don't think they really want a long drawn out description of the coming months. I'm planning on briefly recapping the duties of my volunteer/work activity that I included in my primary and will be continuing throughout my gap year.

@Osteoth that would be fun! although maybe for after the interview is over? cheap happy hour at the front page! haha

Alright, most likely a silly question, but I will ask anyways..... can they offer you an interview before they even receive your LOR... not sure why they would anyways, I was just curious :p

I am not 100% sure but I would think not... I know you can access secondary before but I think I read somewhere your AMCAS has to be complete before they mark the app as complete... but y0ou can call to double check!

I submitted it yesterday and I am already nervous!! I was out of the country and with no internet access so I wasted my first 10 days after secondaries were sent :( now I'm playing catching up

I will be attending a SMP at Georgetown this academic year, anyone know how that will affect my app, for example, will they wait to make a decision after the fall semester's grades are in?

I will be attending a SMP at Georgetown this academic year, anyone know how that will affect my app, for example, will they wait to make a decision after the fall semester's grades are in?
Dont submit your secondary yet! They told us not to!

Oops thought this was Georgetown thread. I think they will probably wait.

Reactions: 1 users
Oops thought this was Georgetown thread. I think they will probably wait.
Don't you scare me like that!!! I almost died! And hurray, a classmate! I know Creighton will wait until January to look at our apps but I don't meet the LOR requirements... ugh

opinion: my secondary is done. i received it June 30th. But i wont be verified until around August 6/7th (projected based on AMCAS trends)
do i submit anyway?
ps- i'm scared to do it hahahha

Finally submitted my secondary today.. Please don't put me on hold GW!!! lol PUHLEASE!!!