2014-2015 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The gay male variety of bear is well received here. :nod:

dope, got any room for fish?
6a00d8341c730253ef0120a5c7d330970c-pi
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I'm with you guys about the secondary fee. There was no link to submit it and I want some peace of mind.
 
Hey everyone. Just letting you know that I filled out the secondary this morning and was allowed to pay after I hit the submit button. Maybe it's working now?
 
I called them about the payment problem. They said to email them with your AMCAS ID and explain the situation.
 
Does RFUMS have a student run clinic? I've been doing searches on google and SDN but can't find any direct answer. Thanks!!
 
Dang, it's hard to fit everything into 100 words or less for the secondary! Anyone else have this problem?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does RFUMS have a student run clinic? I've been doing searches on google and SDN but can't find any direct answer. Thanks!!
Yes, we have an amazing interprofessional student-run clinic, where M2's are the clinic managers, and there are teams of med students, pharmacy students, podiatry students, psych students, and nursing students who all work together. M4's act as the residents, guiding and teaching, and there are 1-2 attendings so that the teams get experience presenting to attendings. The clinic is just about a year old, so that is why you may have trouble finding much about it on SDN, etc.
 
CMS at RFU will send out an e-mail to those who did not get a link to the fee if you simply e-mail them at [email protected] and state your situation, name and AMCAS ID.

I called them this morning and this is what they told me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Z K
Yes, we have an amazing interprofessional student-run clinic, where M2's are the clinic managers, and there are teams of med students, pharmacy students, podiatry students, psych students, and nursing students who all work together. M4's act as the residents, guiding and teaching, and there are 1-2 attendings so that the teams get experience presenting to attendings. The clinic is just about a year old, so that is why you may have trouble finding much about it on SDN, etc.

sounds awesome! thanks!
 
Yes, we have an amazing interprofessional student-run clinic, where M2's are the clinic managers, and there are teams of med students, pharmacy students, podiatry students, psych students, and nursing students who all work together. M4's act as the residents, guiding and teaching, and there are 1-2 attendings so that the teams get experience presenting to attendings. The clinic is just about a year old, so that is why you may have trouble finding much about it on SDN, etc.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
 
Regarding LORs, it says on their website: "No more than three individual letters of recommendation or one committee letter."

I have already sent in my committee packet (which contains 5 letters), as well as a letter from my work. Does anyone know if they are lenient about this?
 
Regarding LORs, it says on their website: "No more than three individual letters of recommendation or one committee letter."

I have already sent in my committee packet (which contains 5 letters), as well as a letter from my work. Does anyone know if they are lenient about this?

I thought they said in the secondary that they wanted a letter from a medical professional and science professor regardless of whether you were sending three individual letters or the committee letter. I have a committee letter, so I had to send an additional letter to fulfill the medical professional requirement. I didn't see anywhere else in the secondary any more information about additional letters.
 
Regarding LORs, it says on their website: "No more than three individual letters of recommendation or one committee letter."

I have already sent in my committee packet (which contains 5 letters), as well as a letter from my work. Does anyone know if they are lenient about this?

+1
 
Last edited:
I thought they said in the secondary that they wanted a letter from a medical professional and science professor regardless of whether you were sending three individual letters or the committee letter. I have a committee letter, so I had to send an additional letter to fulfill the medical professional requirement. I didn't see anywhere else in the secondary any more information about additional letters.

I emailed them asking if we had to have a letter from a medical professional and they said it was fine without one.

From the first page:

Hi, just wanted to let people know about the LOR limit at RFU because the website says 3 are required (or 1 committee) and it isn't clear if there is a maximum.

I just got a response from RFU today, there are no limits on the number of LORs you may submit (except for the 10 limit by AMCAS). They also said, as on the website, that they encourage one from a science professor whose class you attended you and one from a healthcare professional.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed them asking if we had to have a letter from a medical professional and they said it was fine without one.

From the first page:

Ah, I missed that on the first page. Thanks, it answers my question.
 
Yes, we have an amazing interprofessional student-run clinic, where M2's are the clinic managers, and there are teams of med students, pharmacy students, podiatry students, psych students, and nursing students who all work together. M4's act as the residents, guiding and teaching, and there are 1-2 attendings so that the teams get experience presenting to attendings. The clinic is just about a year old, so that is why you may have trouble finding much about it on SDN, etc.

Does the student-run clinic have a name? Since it is relatively new, do you know how it started (students got together and asked for faculty support, or the administration put it together...)?

Thanks!
 
Does the student-run clinic have a name? Since it is relatively new, do you know how it started (students got together and asked for faculty support, or the administration put it together...)?

Thanks!

I helped found the clinic. It's called the Interprofessional community clinic. It began as a student vision; we assessed the need for a free clinic based on the population around us, and we organized and asked for faculty support, which we received in abundance. The school now fully funds the clinic, and the attending physicians all come from the school's faculty.
 
I helped found the clinic. It's called the Interprofessional community clinic. It began as a student vision; we assessed the need for a free clinic based on the population around us, and we organized and asked for faculty support, which we received in abundance. The school now fully funds the clinic, and the attending physicians all come from the school's faculty.

Oh my goodness, that is so exciting!! Sounds like there is a lot of support for student innovation too. Hopefully some of us will be able to take advantage of your work 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad