You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
CMS e-mailed me this morning to tell my app was complete. I guess that's how they do it?i would definitely do the 'optional' essay lol.
do u guys know if there's a website we can use to check our application status?? i can't seem to find it if it exists
CMS e-mailed me this morning to tell my app was complete. I guess that's how they do it?
ok yeah i got an email too, only mine is about being incomplete (letter of eval not in ) =[
i emailed them asking if they have a website. waiting to hear back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Edit: My apology! I was thinking about Loyola when I asked Q3. Please deleted Q3.
Loyola isn't any where close to China Town, although it is closer than RFU.
It was tough for me too.100 words is nearly impossible
I get a feeling (and I could be wrong) that with so few words to explain, they are looking for a specific answer. My diversity is more of "experience working with diverse people" and I can't possibly fully explain it in 100 words.100 words is nearly impossible
Secondary submitted! I can't believe how much shorter these prompts were than the ones from last year. That isn't to say that this year's were any easier to write. Good luck everyone!
.
Last edited:
Complete email earlier today. I liked the prompts since I didn't have a whole lotta write about these vague questions.
Hi, just wanted to let people know about the LOR limit at RFU because the website says 3 are required (or 1 committee) and it isn't clear if there is a maximum.
I just got a response from RFU today, there are no limits on the number of LORs you may submit (except for the 10 limit by AMCAS). They also said, as on the website, that they encourage one from a science professor whose class you attended you and one from a healthcare professional.
On their actual website (non-secondary website), it says "No more than 3...=O"
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Degreeprograms/AllopathicMedicine/appNeeds.aspx
I never got an email confirming complete status. Does anyone know how long it takes till this happens? I submitted on Sunday.
Mine took 5 days, but judging by the pattern of posts here it seems like they do them in batches.I never got an email confirming complete status. Does anyone know how long it takes till this happens? I submitted on Sunday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I never got an email confirming complete status. Does anyone know how long it takes till this happens? I submitted on Sunday.
I submitted the very first day you could, 6/27, and still have not received the complete email. My last letter of recommendation was sent Monday, so I am waiting until next Monday to think about emailing or calling them.
Hi, just wanted to let people know about the LOR limit at RFU because the website says 3 are required (or 1 committee) and it isn't clear if there is a maximum.
I just got a response from RFU today, there are no limits on the number of LORs you may submit (except for the 10 limit by AMCAS). They also said, as on the website, that they encourage one from a science professor whose class you attended you and one from a healthcare professional.
Dang I just called, and they said they will only take 3 LoRs... -_-
Think I'm just gonna send 3 just to be safe. Oyyyyy
Dang I just called, and they said they will only take 3 LoRs... -_-
Think I'm just gonna send 3 just to be safe. Oyyyyy
Whoops. I already sent five.
Whoops. I already sent five.
Yeah I don't think it should hurt you though. They'll probably just pick and choose which ones to read...which I'm sure many schools already do lol. Like if you sent in 7 LoRs...I honestly don't think there is a guarantee/rule that they have to read ALL of them ya know? XD
Yeah I don't think it should hurt you though. They'll probably just pick and choose which ones to read...which I'm sure many schools already do lol. Like if you sent in 7 LoRs...I honestly don't think there is a guarantee/rule that they have to read ALL of them ya know? XD
Yeah I don't think they do. At most they probably glance over them except for maybe the committee letter.
Whoops. I already sent five.
Me too...oops
Dang I just called, and they said they will only take 3 LoRs... -_-
Think I'm just gonna send 3 just to be safe. Oyyyyy
Weird. Conflicting info.
Weird. Conflicting info.
I know right? That's not cool =/
Just applied.
I submitted mine six days ago and I am not yet "complete."Do we have an average on time it takes to be marked complete? Someone else in the thread mentioned 5 days, but I'm sitting at just over a week since submission. I know some schools take 3-4 weeks so I'm just curious!!
Do we have an average on time it takes to be marked complete? Someone else in the thread mentioned 5 days, but I'm sitting at just over a week since submission. I know some schools take 3-4 weeks so I'm just curious!!
I submitted mine 7/7 and still no complete email either...
I submitted mine 7/5 received complete email on 7/9
They probably are getting more and more apps through the days which is delaying the process.. you guys shud be complete soon.
They probably are getting more and more apps through the days which is delaying the process.. you guys shud be complete soon.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any idea when II started last year? I can't find the thread that lists earliest invites.
8/28/13Any idea when II started last year? I can't find the thread that lists earliest invites.
Hi, just wanted to let people know about the LOR limit at RFU because the website says 3 are required (or 1 committee) and it isn't clear if there is a maximum.
I just got a response from RFU today, there are no limits on the number of LORs you may submit (except for the 10 limit by AMCAS). They also said, as on the website, that they encourage one from a science professor whose class you attended you and one from a healthcare professional.
Really? This link below clearly states that no more than three letters will be considered.
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Degreeprograms/AllopathicMedicine/appNeeds.aspx
Really? This link below clearly states that no more than three letters will be considered.
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Degreeprograms/AllopathicMedicine/appNeeds.aspx
Not to be overly curt, but in the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't worry too much. If they only accept three letters and they don't accept more than three letters, they will likely take the first three you send them. If they do, they will take all of them.
Just make a choice and stick with it. Don't call the school incessantly about this one point. We've established that a representative from the school has said one thing and the website says another, so choose which one you want to believe and go for it. I know all of you have better things to do.
I submitted mine on 7/7, but I still haven't gotten a complete email yet. How long has it taken everyone else to be marked complete?
Was wondering how late I am in the process if I'm still awaiting to submit my application to AMCAS? I'm waiting for two rec letters to be received as well, I don't want to submit the application if this one science professor forgot to write me the letter (i've emailed her and no reply twice now).
Also, my stats are on the lower end of applicants IS (3.5 cGPA 3.2sGPA, first MCAT 25, retaking in september). I have about 100+ hours of volunteer work at an outpatient pharmacy in a hospital (and growing), 50+ hours of volunteer work at my parish, 8 hours of volunteer work for Alliance of the Great Lakes, and 5 hours of shadowing an ophthalmologist (the dr. really liked me and seems to be offering me a technician job this week).
On the whole what do some of you think about my application at face value?
you're going to be discouraged a lot because this is sdn and there's a lot of unnecessary elitism, discouragement and snobbery on this site due to heads embedded up their buttocks, but give it your best shot. if you dont get in try and work on the mcat and reapply.
you're going to be discouraged a lot because this is sdn and there's a lot of unnecessary elitism, discouragement and snobbery on this site due to heads embedded up their buttocks, but give it your best shot. if you dont get in try and work on the mcat and reapply.
I have always been my greatest critic so not sure the discouragement will change my ind at all. Thanks though. I understand my GPA's on the lower end, I had a really tough go around with Orgo II and got a D in the class (i was working 30+hours a week that semester and just couldn't catch on). I retook it and got a B+ while taking the hardest classes yet in the same semester. I finished quite strong at Loyola University Chicago my last 21 credits there I had
BIO 242 Anatomy/Phys I - B; BIO 319 Evolution - A; CHEM 224 Orgo II - B+; PSYC 305 Brain/Behavior B+; STAT 335 Biostats A-; BIO 243 Anatomy/physiology II A.
I'm hoping my strong finish will warrant a strong look at my application
Strong finish? I see Bs in there...I have always been my greatest critic so not sure the discouragement will change my ind at all. Thanks though. I understand my GPA's on the lower end, I had a really tough go around with Orgo II and got a D in the class (i was working 30+hours a week that semester and just couldn't catch on). I retook it and got a B+ while taking the hardest classes yet in the same semester. I finished quite strong at Loyola University Chicago my last 21 credits there I had
BIO 242 Anatomy/Phys I - B; BIO 319 Evolution - A; CHEM 224 Orgo II - B+; PSYC 305 Brain/Behavior B+; STAT 335 Biostats A-; BIO 243 Anatomy/physiology II A.
I'm hoping my strong finish will warrant a strong look at my application
Will you let us know what they say? I submitted 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten a compete emailI submitted the very first day you could, 6/27, and still have not received the complete email. My last letter of recommendation was sent Monday, so I am waiting until next Monday to think about emailing or calling them.
Really? This link below clearly states that no more than three letters will be considered.
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Degreeprograms/AllopathicMedicine/appNeeds.aspx
See post #123. It seems that since I've contacted them they've changed their tune to only 3 letters. As you point out the website now seems to reflect this as well. If you haven't sent already, I would recommend adjusting accordingly.
Marked complete today. Submitted secondary on 7/9.
did you find this out via email? thanks 🙂Marked complete today. Submitted secondary on 7/9.
Yes, via email. Do they have a portal?did you find this out via email? thanks 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i submitted on 7/1 ... its hard to remember getting that email because I may have deleted it. i wish they had a portal
When did you submit? I sent mine 7/7 and still nothinggot my complete via email too
When did you submit? I sent mine 7/7 and still nothing
Sent in secondary 7/3, got complete on 7/9
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 287K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K