You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Texas Tech University - El Paso Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Watch PLFSOM just decide not to prematch this year lolololol
Nah I bet they're waiting until Monday or maybe a few days after to see if anyone withdraws after the 15th. Sucks though because it would have been nice to hear!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woot woot!Just got my acceptance here through Email!
Accepted at 3:30 as well!
"Please notify us within two weeks from the date of this email message and concurrent letter about your decision regarding our offer to you."
So would a simple sentence along the lines of, "I accept the offer" suffice?
You can accept on your portal.
Hey all,
Never have posted here before. Saw a bunch of people asking so I wanted to say that I received a scholarship with my pre-match offer. 15,000K a year, renewable each year given that I maintain their academic standards. Not sure if I'll end up here - it's an enticing offer - but I wanted to let the people asking know.
IS 4.0 and 33. No published research, average everything else. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
Never have posted here before. Saw a bunch of people asking so I wanted to say that I received a scholarship with my pre-match offer. 15,000K a year, renewable each year given that I maintain their academic standards. Not sure if I'll end up here - it's an enticing offer - but I wanted to let the people asking know.
IS 4.0 and 33. No published research, average everything else. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
Thanks for the info! You can give me the scholarship and I will take it!
Hey all,
Never have posted here before. Saw a bunch of people asking so I wanted to say that I received a scholarship with my pre-match offer. 15,000K a year, renewable each year given that I maintain their academic standards. Not sure if I'll end up here - it's an enticing offer - but I wanted to let the people asking know.
IS 4.0 and 33. No published research, average everything else. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was this scholarship offer stated within the email of acceptance? All I got was (what seemed to be) a standardized email with no specific information to me. And thanks for your response, btw 🙂Hey all,
Never have posted here before. Saw a bunch of people asking so I wanted to say that I received a scholarship with my pre-match offer. 15,000K a year, renewable each year given that I maintain their academic standards. Not sure if I'll end up here - it's an enticing offer - but I wanted to let the people asking know.
IS 4.0 and 33. No published research, average everything else. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
Just got an II. Unfortunately I already got accepted to my top choice so I hope this interview goes to someone who needs it!
Was this scholarship offer stated within the email of acceptance? All I got was (what seemed to be) a standardized email with no specific information to me. And thanks for your response, btw 🙂
The scholarship offer was in the same email as my acceptance email. It seemed like they copied and pasted the scholarship offer into the middle of the generic acceptance letter.
Just got an II. Unfortunately I already got accepted to my top choice so I hope this interview goes to someone who needs it!
I'LL TAKE IT
I'LL TAKE IT
I would as well 😛 @Make Or Break, thanks for releasing it so people like us can still hope! Just curious, which date(s) were you offered?
I'LL TAKE IT
I would as well 😛 @Make Or Break, thanks for releasing it so people like us can still hope! Just curious, which date(s) were you offered?
Well I'm glad that they are not making me choose who gets the interview date because it would be a very hard decision to make between the both of you!
The dates are either December 11 or December 18. I genuinely hope both of you get invited.
Well I'm glad that they are not making me choose who gets the interview date because it would be a very hard decision to make between the both of you!
The dates are either December 11 or December 18. I genuinely hope both of you get invited.
Thanks! At this point, I feel like I'm running on a treadmill... All work without going anywhere...
3.63 cGPA, 3.83 sGPA, 32 MCAT. No research/publications, but I have quite a bit of clinical experience including a year of scribing. Complete August 4th, Interviewed September 26th. Hope this helps, and best of luck to you!!Congratulations to all of you!!!Does anyone mind sharing stats and ECs? 🙂 Thanks in advance!!

Just keep going. You're nearly at the finish line!Thanks! At this point, I feel like I'm running on a treadmill... All work without going anywhere...
Interview for 12/18!!!!
Try to be familiar with the school as much as possible, such as their curriculum, location, etcThank you, @CK90 I'll need it 🙂 Any golden advice you can give to those of us applying the next cycle? What is super important to Foster? I want to use my time until the cycle begins as efficient as possible!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Try to be familiar with the school as much as possible, such as their curriculum, location, etc
And service! They are a huge service school!!!
Thanks, @howdysang! Are you referring to their mission statement? @estanton Do you mean community service? Sorry I'm bothering you guys with so many questions lol But I want o be prepared!! I'm already freaking out
I think all the waiting after applying is going to turn me into an emational wreck 🙁
I think all the waiting after applying is going to turn me into an emational wreck 🙁Thanks, @howdysang! Are you referring to their mission statement? @estanton Do you mean community service? Sorry I'm bothering you guys with so many questions lol But I want o be prepared!! I'm already freaking outI think all the waiting after applying is going to turn me into an emational wreck 🙁
As it does to us all. Community service for sure. They're looking for a real heart in their students it seems.
FWIW, community service was definitely the weakest part of my application. It didn't come up during interviews and I still got into the school.
Yes and we both have stats (especially yours) that are above average for this school. They stressed service to me on my interview day. If your stats aren't competitive that's the way to catch their eye.
To be honest though. Most schools are just looking for passion. Express that in something that you do and medicine, apply early and the odds will be in your favor 😉
As it does to us all. Community service for sure. They're looking for a real heart in their students it seems.
FWIW, community service was definitely the weakest part of my application. It didn't come up during interviews and I still got into the school.
I see..so what were the strengths in your applications?
Not that I doubt you, but I didn't get the same vibe. I may be wrong though. My interviewers seemed to stress ethical issues and, like you said, a passion for medicine.
The one school that really seemed to stress community service was A&M. They talked about it on the interview day, and one of my interviewers even called me out on not doing enough community service (haven't gotten accepted there yet either).
A&M didn't mention it once on my day.
Sorry guys. This process is a crapshoot.
But seriously. Do as well as you can. Apply early. Be genuine. If you belong at a school you'll end up there.
They want to know specifically why you want to attend their school, and whether you are a good fit through learning how your values align with theirs.Thanks, @howdysang! Are you referring to their mission statement? @estanton Do you mean community service? Sorry I'm bothering you guys with so many questions lol But I want o be prepared!! I'm already freaking outI think all the waiting after applying is going to turn me into an emational wreck 🙁
You can accept on your portal.
So you don't think that we have to send them a letter? What are other people's thoughts on this? Thanks
Does anybody know if/when this school sends another batch of pre-matches??
Unless I'm confusing it with another school, I believe in the past they have sent a second batch one month later (Nov. 17th and then Dec. 17th)Does anybody know if/when this school sends another batch of pre-matches??
II! I could choose between November 20th (as in two days from now, yikes!) and December 11th.
Hopefully you're right! ThanksUnless I'm confusing it with another school, I believe in the past they have sent a second batch one month later (Nov. 17th and then Dec. 17th)
I
I did both just to be safe.Those of you that have recevied a prematch, did you just accept the offer on the portal, or did you send them an email to confirm it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YesJust to confirm, if you accept the offer now, you can choose to go to another school later?
Those of you that have recevied a prematch, did you just accept the offer on the portal, or did you send them an email to confirm it?
I accepted via the portal, but the acceptance email also says "An acceptance form will be mailed to you with our formal offer letter," so maybe through that form as well. I haven't received the letter yet though so I'm not sure.
Not yet. Also has anyone who received a prematch email had a numerical number at the end of the email title? I wonder if that number corresponds to one's ranking in their systemHas anyone who prematched received a letter at their physical address?
Not yet. Also has anyone who received a prematch email had a numerical number at the end of the email title? I wonder if that number corresponds to one's ranking in their system
I had a number at the end of the email title also, but I doubt it's their ranking of us. What number did you have?
Does anyone mind sharing stats and ECs? 