2015-2016 Louisiana State University - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I literally am like the girl in PS I Love You waiting on the mailman to deliver the mail everyday.. doesn't even hit my mailbox

If someone gets their letter, post immediately or you're fired from this forum.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone who received a letter after the last meeting remember how long it took for it to come in?

I looked back at the last round of acceptances and it looks like they heard/posted anywhere from Tuesday to Friday or Saturday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Obscure is celebrating and not looking at this forum anymore :laugh: Hopefully the rest of us will hear something today!

Sorry obscure I totally just stalked your profile- interviewed awhile back, got 511 on the MCAT and was NFA'ed. Correct me if i was mistaken by any of that

Wow, the amount of conflicting information that's coming in is frustrating. From what we know, the advocacy meeting happened last Friday. I had called the office yesterday (Monday) and spoken with someone who confirmed that decision letters will be mailed out "at the end of the week." Yet, obscure received his/her letter of acceptance yesterday :confused:. So that could only mean that the letter was mailed out on the same day of the advocacy meeting. It's possible that they could do that for NFA applicants since obscure was one...and just hold off on sending out decision letters for the fresh batch that just interviewed and was never reviewed before...

Any thoughts, guys?

Reactions: 1 user
Could there have been a meeting last Monday to discuss people who were NFA, and then a second meeting last Friday specifically about people who just interviewed? It could potentially explain why we had conflicting dates for the committee meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
That might just be the most plausible scenario because I can't imagine them having the meeting and then rushing to print out the letters to send them out on the same day.

Everyone needs to just relax. Ya'll are going to make this process much worse for yourselves and everyone supporting you by obsessing this much. If it is meant to be for you this cycle it will happen, don't dwell on what you can't control. Focus on what you can...aka planning to improve your app for next year if it doesn't happen.

Best of luck everybody

Everyone needs to just relax. Ya'll are going to make this process much worse for yourselves and everyone supporting you by obsessing this much. If it is meant to be for you this cycle it will happen, don't dwell on what you can't control. Focus on what you can...aka planning to improve your app for next year if it doesn't happen.

Best of luck everybody

Haha. While in theory your suggestion does make sence [and you are right!], in practice group obsession feels reeeeally good. Feel free not to participate.

Thank you for the well wishes :)

Won't get home till late tonight. Anyone checked their mail?

Best of luck everybody
You come into a thread dedicated to the 2015-2016 application cycle and ask people not to discuss their feelings and opinions about their application but to focus on the next cycle when the status of their current application is still pending. That defeats the whole purpose of this thread. Like the other person said, feel free to not participate but don't ask others who are waiting on a letter to.

You come into a thread dedicated to the 2015-2016 application cycle and ask people not to discuss their feelings and opinions about their application but to focus on the next cycle when the status of their current application is still pending. That defeats the whole purpose of this thread. Like the other person said, feel free to not participate but don't ask others who are waiting on a letter to.

Never did I one time say do not discuss your feelings and opinions, that was YOUR interpretation. Also, I did not need a reiteration of the same thing BoringMonday said to understand his sentiments, either. My point was, and again take this as you will but I have been through this process before, obsessing over irrelevant minutia will make you miserable. Your efforts are better spent elsewhere (like actually contacting the office, or focusing on improving your situation, whatever that may be).
If you want to come up with conspiracy theories and speculations about when letters went out then be my guest...but it won't serve to alleviate your anxiety.
I'm accepted so it's no skin off my back. I don't appreciate your misguided aggression though. I'm done addressing this, do as you please.

Like I said though, try to relax buddy.

Never did I one time say do not discuss your feelings and opinions, that was YOUR interpretation. Also, I did not need a reiteration of the same thing BoringMonday said to understand his sentiments, either. My point was, and again take this as you will but I have been through this process before, obsessing over irrelevant minutia will make you miserable. Your efforts are better spent elsewhere (like actually contacting the office, or focusing on improving your situation, whatever that may be).
If you want to come up with conspiracy theories and speculations about when letters went out then be my guest...but it won't serve to alleviate your anxiety.
I'm accepted so it's no skin off my back. I don't appreciate your misguided aggression though. I'm done addressing this, do as you please.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN RELAX? WHO YOU TELLIN TO RELAX? I'M RELAXED OK?? (I'M NOT RELAXED AT ALL)

Hey "buddy," you think you're being helpful, but your original post just came off as holier than thou to those still waiting on a letter. Congrats, you've been accepted, so you have no stock invested in when letters will be sent out or when the last advocacy meeting happened. But the people here do. If piecing together conflicting information to get a clearer understanding of how things are moving works for people, then let them. Writing people's actions off as "obsessing" and a bunch of "conspiracy theories" when you've been reassured with an acceptance is offensive. I don't appreciate your arrogance any more than your lack of interest in my "aggression."

I'm more upset that she/he read our [begging] questions and didn't bother to answer o_O

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 6.42.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at 6.42.53 PM.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 100
Received my rejection letter today. It was dated April 18th.

Wasn't interviewed. I knew what to expect when I hadn't received an II by Feb. I had applied ED but was rolled into RD. I live in New Orleans.

anyone else receiving letters that interviewed in the past couple months? if you're silent watchers, send smoke signals! no letter for me today

I move this weekend and my parents set up mail forwarding to our new address early. So I won't know anything until I get to my new place Monday :/

Super unfortunate lol

Anyone get any letters about merit aid? I Called the office and they said they will be coming this week!

Anyone get any letters about merit aid? I Called the office and they said they will be coming this week!
Will everyone get a letter. Essentially, I am wondering if they send you a letter even if they decide not to give you anything.

Been silently following this thread.
First time applicant.
Received an II back in October right after my application was finished.
NFA'd in November after interview.
3.4 GPA 509 MCAT

Called the school and heard the previous meeting was to decide on those recently interviewed. There will be a meeting May 4th to decide on everyone that is left.
She did mention that the class was mostly filled up by this point. So good luck. May the 4th be with you I suppose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Same as chddoc, rejection letter received today pre-interview dated April 18th. Detroit, Michigan.

No letter today yet again... Yo... I'm loosing it :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

will everyone get a letter based on last week's meeting? like an update on status or something?

will everyone get a letter based on last week's meeting? like an update on status or something?
I think everyone who interviewed March-April for sure should get one in the next few days. Looks like all those who didn't get a change to shine at interview are getting sad letters right now.

NFA'd. Postmarked April 21, so be on the lookout!

Good luck everybody!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Mail came today but no letter! Really thought it would have made its way To Lafayette already.

NFA, NOLA, postmarked 21st as well. Dated April, 18th.
Another round of waiting :sorry::sorry::sorry:

P.S. I almost had a heart attack feeling this skinny envelope.

NFA, NOLA, postmarked 21st as well. Dated April, 18th.
Another round of waiting :sorry::sorry::sorry:

P.S. I almost had a heart attack feeling this skinny envelope.

... the acceptances were skinny envelopes too.. Good luck everyone!:luck:

Reactions: 2 users