-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
so my status from under review just changed to this:
Your file has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in March. If you are granted an interview, you will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail.
what the heck does this even mean.
hold
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interview in February that is on hold? My portal simply says my interview is completed. Just want to know whether or not this is what everyone else in Feb is seeing.
hold
right now a hold is better than a rejection - but what are the chances to be removed from a hold to an II (does anyone know?)
And to add to that question, is hold better than complete silence?right now a hold is better than a rejection - but what are the chances to be removed from a hold to an II (does anyone know?)
Anyone interview in February that is on hold? My portal simply says my interview is completed. Just want to know whether or not this is what everyone else in Feb is seeing.
I interviewed in January and my portal says the same, wondering what that means
Someone earlier in this thread said that if you haven't heard from an interview yet, that final decisions will come march15Anyone interview in February that is on hold? My portal simply says my interview is completed. Just want to know whether or not this is what everyone else in Feb is seeing.
No rejection email or hold status. Still a little hope for me. Still as "under review." My secondary was not complete until 10/31 so I'm most likely still at the end of the pile.
I interviewed early February. I have the same message as you.Anyone interview in February that is on hold? My portal simply says my interview is completed. Just want to know whether or not this is what everyone else in Feb is seeing.
Yesterday my portal said that I had been reviewed and that if I was offered an interview, it would be via telephone or email. Today my portal says that Im "eligible for re-review."My portal says, "Eligible for Re-review." Anyone know what that means or have the same status? I was rejected 2/16 but sent an update on 2/12. Is it possible they rejected me, then read the update and are reconsidering? Hmmm...
So, Idk. :/
What on earth is going on?! submitted in July and still "under review" over here, haven't been on hold at allYesterday my portal said that I had been reviewed and that if I was offered an interview, it would be via telephone or email. Today my portal says that Im "eligible for re-review."
So, Idk. :/
My portal says, "Eligible for Re-review." Anyone know what that means or have the same status? I was rejected 2/16 but sent an update on 2/12. Is it possible they rejected me, then read the update and are reconsidering? Hmmm...
There are students in the M1 class who were rejected and then given an interview shortly after because they too had sent an update shortly before the rejection (which probably had not yet made it in the hands of an adcom when the rejection notice was sent out). Not sure if this is necessarily what is happening in your case, but just know that that does happen!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are students in the M1 class who were rejected and then given an interview shortly after because they too had sent an update shortly before the rejection (which probably had not yet made it in the hands of an adcom when the rejection notice was sent out). Not sure if this is necessarily what is happening in your case, but just know that that does happen!
Do you know if there is significant movement from the waitlist/alternate list?
There are students in the M1 class who were rejected and then given an interview shortly after because they too had sent an update shortly before the rejection (which probably had not yet made it in the hands of an adcom when the rejection notice was sent out). Not sure if this is necessarily what is happening in your case, but just know that that does happen!
Cool, not getting my hopes up too high, but it's nice to think my update wasn't all for nothing. Thank you, Bubbles!
right now a hold is better than a rejection - but what are the chances to be removed from a hold to an II (does anyone know?)
My gut would say a slight chance. If interview season goes through March, chances are the last IIs being sent out are probably happening now. If you haven't heard anything in the next couple weeks, I'd guess it's over.
Do you know if there is significant movement from the waitlist/alternate list?
Does the alternate list move? Typically yes. Whether or not it is significant depends heavily on the applicant pool/cycle. I know 3 years ago they gave out X amount of acceptances (obviously more acceptances than available seats because some students will choose to attend a different school and schools don't want to under-enroll---*note all schools do this*), and unexpectedly more students accepted their offer and they had more students than seats. Therefore that particular year the waitlist did not move much, if at all. Admissions has changed a little and it was rumored last year that they were accepting less students up front in order to allow for some waitlist list movement, although I don't know exact numbers. There are a few people I know of in the current M1 class that were accepted off the waitlist, so just hope that that's the case this year!
Hold is much better than silence. From what I heard during my interview, they pull from the hold/alternate list quite often. A med student i met was on hold or the continuous list all the way up until april until he was contacted and admitted. So there is much hope! Just keep your head up.And to add to that question, is hold better than complete silence?
There is! They go through a lot of people on this list! Even the committee said that if after your interview, you are put the alt list not to fret too much because they go through the list quite a lot. Look at my previous comment. 🙂 there is hope still for you and many others. Do not be discouraged or disheartened!Do you know if there is significant movement from the waitlist/alternate list?
so now my status changed to "Eligible for Re-review." WHAT DOES THIS MEAN LOYOLA?!?! you keep on playing with my emotions by changing my statuses to first hope, and now desperation.
For those of you on hold-- the last interview day as of now is this coming Wednesday. However, not sure if they'll decide to add more days or not.
so now my status changed to "Eligible for Re-review." WHAT DOES THIS MEAN LOYOLA?!?! you keep on playing with my emotions by changing my statuses to first hope, and now desperation.
Had you recently sent an update? I sent an update a week ago, was rejected Tuesday, and up for re-review Thursday. Nutty, I tell you.
Had you recently sent an update? I sent an update a week ago, was rejected Tuesday, and up for re-review Thursday. Nutty, I tell you.
nope! I sent nothing!
This is absolutely mental. I mean I will take re-review over rejection any day but these status changes are real medical school mood swings - my gosh!
..
Last edited:
I applied here because I received an email asking me to apply in October (sent in my secondary in November... regretting my late turnovers). My account says it was waiting for my second MCAT score which I cancelled in August. I called today and they said my application was still under review so I don't think it's over yet.
For those with re-review or othr weird messages I'd say give them a call. They answer pretty quickly.
Good luck!
For those with re-review or othr weird messages I'd say give them a call. They answer pretty quickly.
Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.....still under review....since mid July.....
Same!!! I didn't receive a rejection or even an update to have been reviewed. Just no response. The last interview is this wednesday though so I assume its just a rejection.
Just to clarify...last interview is not Wednesday, I'm interviewing on Thursday lol
Oh I totally thought I read that somewhere...but hey good luck!Just to clarify...last interview is not Wednesday, I'm interviewing on Thursday lol
Hello. I contacted admissions in response to having received a rejection email, but having the "Eligible for Re-Review" status on the portal.
They did confirm that the email status of having been rejected is correct, and that they are working on updating the portal.
I hope that gives some closure to those of you that are still unsure as to what that conflicting information means.
They did confirm that the email status of having been rejected is correct, and that they are working on updating the portal.
I hope that gives some closure to those of you that are still unsure as to what that conflicting information means.
Same!!! I didn't receive a rejection or even an update to have been reviewed. Just no response. The last interview is this wednesday though so I assume its just a rejection.
Just to clarify...last interview is not Wednesday, I'm interviewing on Thursday lol
Sorry everyone! Admissions emailed the tour guides last week saying Wednesday was the last interview day of the season, so that's where my information was coming from. As others have mentioned, the website does say interviews run until March, and they did in fact run until the beginning of March last year. Fingers crossed for all you waiting!
Nearest I think is probably the Carlton in Oak Park-- Most kids at Loyola live around there too. As for cheapest and nearby-Ish I found the Holiday Inn in Hillside was decently priced.I have an interview this week, and I was wondering what hotels are nearest/have discounts. Thanks!
I stayed at the best Western- hillside. Amazing service, they take you to & from the school. Breakfast buffet is 6.99 though.I have an interview this week, and I was wondering what hotels are nearest/have discounts. Thanks!
You can also order some good ah deep dish pizza!
I went to the travel in that is near the hospital it was 65$ and 2.5/5 stars in my opinion. But it was cheap and worked for meI have an interview this week, and I was wondering what hotels are nearest/have discounts. Thanks!
I have asked this before but did anyone go from under review to hold to under review again? If you did, have you been rejected or offered a II? So out there, I know but thought I would ask. Congrats to everyone who received a II or acceptance!
Just offered II 5 minutes ago! Don't give up hope guys, they are still offering spots for tomorrow's interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 post-rejection ambiguous status lol
EDIT: I added an update to my application in 2016
What on earth does this mean? I got it too.
What does lizzy m + a number mean?
It's a quick way of explaining your stats: (cGPA x 10) + (MCAT score on old scale).
I.e., a 3.70 cGPA and a 514 (514 = 91st % = 33 on old MCAT) would be a 37+33= LizzyM 70 (which is very solid, hypothetically)
Congrats! did you get an email or call?Just offered II 5 minutes ago! Don't give up hope guys, they are still offering spots for tomorrow's interview!
What on earth does this mean? I got it too.
Same here. I called today and was told the rejection status stands. They are having portal problems.
Whaa whaa. (Sad, sarcastic trumpet sound.)
Last edited:
hey is the portal we put updates in the same place we submitted our pictures and secondary questions? Mine still won't let me and they said it should be open this week.