2015-2016 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like they interview through at least February, no?

"An interview invitation could be extended to you at anytime during August 2015 through February 2016." According to the secondary portal

I wouldn't say at least February. Just through about the first half of February from what I was told when I called.
 
So they told us not to send thank you notes at the end of the interview day last week...what's the appropriate move?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So they told us not to send thank you notes at the end of the interview day last week...what's the appropriate move?
If they told you not to, I wouldn't. However, they did NOT say this on my interview day, so I did send them. Highly doubt it made a difference though.
 
If they told you not to, I wouldn't. However, they did NOT say this on my interview day, so I did send them. Highly doubt it made a difference though.
Same here, that's really strange that they would discourage it! Maybe interviewers were getting overwhelmed by thank you emails, I totally see it.
 
I sent it to one of my interviewers who responded back in a favorable way. Didn't send it to the other one because I couldn't remember enough to make it unique. Still got in... So I don't think it matters.
 
Got a II here today!! SOOO excited since I haven't had any invites since early october. Dates available were from 15th-29th Jan. Time to learn everything about Feinberg. Did everyone have a good student host experience here? Looking to take advantage of that option.
Congrats! Complete date please.
 
Late response, but no they're aren't any official panels or anything the night before. If you're staying with a host, that's a great opportunity to ask some questions. During the interview day itself, current student tend to drift in and out of the admissions office. If you have any specific questions, feel free to pm me.

The panel interview is very relaxed. I definitely thought that it was a panel of people interviewing me, but it's one interviewer and several students. I wouldn't stress over it at all, just show an interest in what other people are saying.

Thank you for the response! 🙂 Definitely calming to know that the panel interview isn't as intimidating as it sounds!
 
Ok this may be a really stupid question...I have never been to the north before, so I don't really know..... do I need snow boots on interview day? And then change into my heels when I am at the school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So next Monday will be exactly 8 weeks after my interview. Anyone else in the same boat?

Plus, it looked as if those who were accepted generally heard back within a couple weeks. Does having to wait the entire 8 weeks generally mean one has been continued/rejected?
 
Got a II here today!! SOOO excited since I haven't had any invites since early october. Dates available were from 15th-29th Jan. Time to learn everything about Feinberg. Did everyone have a good student host experience here? Looking to take advantage of that option.
We have a Test on CV February 1st, so If you want the best student host experience come sooner rather than later!
 
We have a Test on CV February 1st, so If you want the best student host experience come sooner rather than later!
Yeah I read about that. Luckily after messaging like 5 people I got someone to host me! I'll stay mostly out of his way since he will probably be studying the entire day lol.
 
When does Northwestern give out Merit Scholarships? If we didn't get one with acceptance, can we assume we're not getting one at this point?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else basically get a post-interview hold? Just got an email saying they will make a final decision in March. Interviewed 1/20 so I wasn't expecting to hear back any time soon anyway. Just confused as to what this means. They said "I expect that many of the applicants receiving this message will eventually receive an acceptance to FSM. Some will be placed on a waitlist and only a few will be declined."