You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This is completely normal. Everyone who isn't accepted right away gets this email, and then they make their final decisions about all interviewees late Feb/early March 🙂Anyone else basically get a post-interview hold? Just got an email saying they will make a final decision in March. Interviewed 1/20 so I wasn't expecting to hear back any time soon anyway. Just confused as to what this means. They said "I expect that many of the applicants receiving this message will eventually receive an acceptance to FSM. Some will be placed on a waitlist and only a few will be declined."
Were you able to find out how many dates are left? wondering if i should bother with an update at this point.Just called the Admissions Office since I haven't received an II and they said that IIs are still coming. So I guess there's some hope?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were you able to find out how many dates are left? wondering if i should bother with an update at this point.
Last day of interview is Next Friday, 2/12.
so I interviewed on Monday (2/2) & completely blanked on thank you notes... think they're still worth sending??
so I interviewed on Monday (2/2) & completely blanked on thank you notes... think they're still worth sending??
They specifically told us on my interview day that they don't want any thank-you notes so you're probably fine
Last day of interview is Next Friday, 2/12.
How do you know? Did you call and confirm for sure?
hopefully that means us "deferred decision to March" folks will hear soon 😍How do you know? Did you call and confirm for sure?
hopefully that means us "deferred decision to March" folks will hear soon 😍
I didn't get an interview.
my mistake. I always quote the wrong post on my phone. big thumbs and small buttons 🙁I didn't get an interview.
are all the spots taken? 🙁Last day of interview is Next Friday, 2/12.
How do you know? Did you call and confirm for sure?
No. I am a current student at Feinberg.
I'm not sure. I'd assume all the invites have been sent out since this Friday is the last interview day 🙁are all the spots taken? 🙁
My guess is you guys will hear around the end of Feb/beginning of March based on the trend the past few years.hopefully that means us "deferred decision to March" folks will hear soon 😍
7 IIs.. damn boy!I didn't get an interview.
7 IIs.. damn boy!
Eh, I guess 🙁
I got Loyola, SUNY Downstate, SUNY Upstate, New York Medical College, University of Rochester, Howard, Wright State.
Nevertheless, I am super grateful 🙂
No. I am a current student at Feinberg.
I'm not sure. I'd assume all the invites have been sent out since this Friday is the last interview day 🙁
My guess is you guys will hear around the end of Feb/beginning of March based on the trend the past few years.
My apologies. Your status says pre-med, lol
Aww man 🙁. I guess it is over for me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a rejection letter. Pre II
It was short, but I thought, nice.
It was short, but I thought, nice.
Last edited:
Rejected pre-II. Complete 08/03. Sent an update letter 12/30. Good luck to everyone else!
Rejected pre-II.
I just got one, too, and thought the same thing. Definitely the nicest rejection letter I've seen. Bummed, because I loved Feinberg, but oh well. Good luck to the rest of you all still waiting!Just got a rejection letter.
It was short, but I thought, nice.
Joining the rejection train here. Not too surprised, seeing as I've heard absolutely nothing since I was complete in September.
Rejected
And the Feinberg slaughter of 2016 begins... also rejected (but was 100% expected). Goodluck to the rest of you!I just got one, too, and thought the same thing. Definitely the nicest rejection letter I've seen. Bummed, because I loved Feinberg, but oh well. Good luck to the rest of you all still waiting!
Rejected pre-II . completed sometime September.
+1 Pre III just got one, too, and thought the same thing. Definitely the nicest rejection letter I've seen. Bummed, because I loved Feinberg, but oh well. Good luck to the rest of you all still waiting!
Also rejected pre -II, finally..
Rejection train, choo choooo! Complete late July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1
Rejected today pre-II 🙁
6-month wait is finally over 🙂
6-month wait is finally over 🙂
Joining the rejection train, though all the II were done, I sort of got that virtual memo awhile ago. Happy with my other options though. Best of luck to all who II here.
Does anyone know when second look is for FSM?
April 14-15
What is second look?
It's a weekend that medical schools host for their accepted applicants so they can get a second look at the school and what benefits they can offer to the prospective students. There are often several events throughout the weekend that highlight student activities, curricula at the school, and research opportunities etc.What is second look?
They were sent via emailWas the rejection sent by snail mail? I haven't gotten anything but obviously I've been rejected.
They were sent via email
Ah just found it in my "Clutter" folder. For some reason, Outlook now has decided that I have a Junk folder and a Clutter folder for rejection emails to go into.
When do they inform people of merit aid offers? Does it happen with acceptance?
From their website "Award notices will be sent out on a rolling basis via email starting on March 15, 2016 to those who submitted all required materials by March 1, 2016. "
Website has a bunch of useful information: http://www.feinberg.northwestern.ed.../financial-aid/admitted-application-info.html
Gotcha, thanks. I read that as need-based award notices, but maybe it is all at the same time.From their website "Award notices will be sent out on a rolling basis via email starting on March 15, 2016 to those who submitted all required materials by March 1, 2016. "
Website has a bunch of useful information: http://www.feinberg.northwestern.ed.../financial-aid/admitted-application-info.html
Historically, how often do people who have been deferred actually get accepted? I was deferred a couple of weeks ago and I am really hoping I still have a good chance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Historically, how often do people who have been deferred actually get accepted? I was deferred a couple of weeks ago and I am really hoping I still have a good chance
I was checking out last year's thread yesterday and various internet people were saying that half the class ends up coming from the deferred pool. Doesn't seem that far fetched based on the email they sent with the deferral but obviously need to take it with a grain of salt. Either way we shall find out soon enough.
Does the Admissions office set up a facebook group for accepted students? There is one on facebook right now (albeit created by a fellow accepted student and not by a representative of the school themselves).
Hi, I'm a 2012 northwestern grad IM resident right now. Available to answer questions about NW if you like
Does the Admissions office set up a facebook group for accepted students? There is one on facebook right now (albeit created by a fellow accepted student and not by a representative of the school themselves).
Is this the group you're talking about? I actually recognize one of the admins--she was one of my interviewers so I think it's legit!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K