-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You'll never know unless you tryI didn't submit my secondary because I thought it was too late, but I keep getting e-mails to turn it in. Should I do it? Or do they know its too late but just want me to pay the fee... :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6
666670
Just wanted to say thanks to everybody that posts on these threads. Its great when we can post good news or accomplishments but I know its hard sometimes to write about disappointments (even anonymously), especially as pre-meds who are used to being the best at practically everything
. I got deferred earlier this week and while it is not the news I was hoping to hear, I am hopeful because of what others have posted on here @rsrs @Rainbow Zebra . Were still in this @cactusinmyhead @Amelie. @starlite911 !!!
Edit: PS back to living that "continually refreshing my inbox" life ...hahaha
. I got deferred earlier this week and while it is not the news I was hoping to hear, I am hopeful because of what others have posted on here @rsrs @Rainbow Zebra . Were still in this @cactusinmyhead @Amelie. @starlite911 !!!Edit: PS back to living that "continually refreshing my inbox" life ...hahaha
Last edited by a moderator:
Aww what a sweet post!!! I am hopeful about OSU. It's still my favorite school I've interviewed at and I'd probably trade both my acceptances for an acceptance here!!!Just waned to say thanks to everybody that posts on these threads. Its great when we can post good news or accomplishments but I know its hard sometimes to write about disappointments (even anonymously), especially as pre-meds who are used to being the best at practically everything. I got deferred earlier this week and while it is not the news I was hoping to hear, I am hopeful because of what others have posted on here @rsrs @Rainbow Zebra . Were still in this @cactusinmyhead !!!
I didn't submit my secondary because I thought it was too late, but I keep getting e-mails to turn it in. Should I do it? Or do they know its too late but just want me to pay the fee... :/
We interview through the end of March. You literally have a 0% chance if you don't submit the app, so what have you got to lose by submitting it besides the app fee?
Can't win if you don't play the game.
D
deleted685788
@Clark_Kent0311 omg you are so nice I would love to go to med school w. you :')
Id still submit. I submitted mine late October and got an invite this week!I didn't submit my secondary because I thought it was too late, but I keep getting e-mails to turn it in. Should I do it? Or do they know its too late but just want me to pay the fee... :/
For me it was exactly a month.Anyone know how far out Osu is scheduling?
I was complete Oct 25thIs medpath like a post-bac program that helps you get into medical school?
And when were you both complete?
Anyone know what grade constitutes a reassessment of my offer of admission?
I don't plan to do poorly (does anyone really plan to do that...) but it would make me a lot less worried if I didn't have imminent rejection over my head.
I don't plan to do poorly (does anyone really plan to do that...) but it would make me a lot less worried if I didn't have imminent rejection over my head.
I've never heard of someone getting their offer of admissions rescinded for a bad grade.... What would cause you to make that assumption?Anyone know what grade constitutes a reassessment of my offer of admission?
I don't plan to do poorly (does anyone really plan to do that...) but it would make me a lot less worried if I didn't have imminent rejection over my head.
I mean I have anxiety about it. I've been gone so much this semester my grade in my chem class may or may not be in jeopardy (Read: I could get a B/B-).
That's not a killer is it...
That's not a killer is it...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I mean I have anxiety about it. I've been gone so much this semester my grade in my chem class may or may not be in jeopardy (Read: I could get a B/B-).
That's not a killer is it...
No, but you thinking that getting a B in a class would be grounds for rescinding an admissions offer might be...
Relax dude, enjoy the rest of college. A letter grade of B is not even remotely close to being "in jeopardy". Let's not be melodramatic now.
Application got closed...recommended for the MedPath program
Same here.
Was this an email? A portal update?Same here.
Portal update and email saying status has changed.Was this an email? A portal update?
II this morning! I was not expecting to get one from here, but it is great! IS, LizzyM 68
Congrats guys! Do you mind sharing when you were complete?!Interview invite this morning! OOS. Lizzy M ~ 72-73 (new MCAT guesstimate)
Don't know the exact date, but it was mid JulyCongrats guys! Do you mind sharing when you were complete?!
I received a call today that I am invited for an interview because they have an opening on Wednesday! (I am busy and cannot get there) But my status has not changed and I have not gotten an email to schedule for the next opening, I believe she said January. Anyone else receive a call like this and not get a status change?
No but if you want to call them back and have them call me, I'll go - 419.555.0626I received a call today that I am invited for an interview because they have an opening on Wednesday! (I am busy and cannot get there) But my status has not changed and I have not gotten an email to schedule for the next opening, I believe she said January. Anyone else receive a call like this and not get a status change?
Anyone have their application closed and not be recommended to Medpath? The silence is deafening...
Anybody else on "hold for information?" I've had that status since the end of July, called them immediately and supplied the information they thought was missing (which actually was in my application already) and since then zero news.
Congrats guys! Do you mind sharing when you were complete?!
I was complete mid September.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that were invited to apply to MEDPATH, I created a new thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/medpath-2016-ohio-state-university.1170453/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/medpath-2016-ohio-state-university.1170453/
they're booking out till january? 🙁 the chances are looking slimmer and slimmer bummer!I received a call today that I am invited for an interview because they have an opening on Wednesday! (I am busy and cannot get there) But my status has not changed and I have not gotten an email to schedule for the next opening, I believe she said January. Anyone else receive a call like this and not get a status change?
Any re-apps out there heard anything?
Any re-apps out there heard anything?
Not yet...
I'm a reapplicant and I got an II recently.Any re-apps out there heard anything?
IIRC ohio state interviews well into the spring. Don't count yourself out yet 😀 👍they're booking out till january? 🙁 the chances are looking slimmer and slimmer bummer!
they're booking out till january? 🙁 the chances are looking slimmer and slimmer bummer!
I called back and she said they only send II 5 weeks in advance. I didn't schedule mine yet because I'll be receiving the formal invite in a week or so (5 weeks from Jan) so you could possibly get one too! I only know I got an II cause they called if not I would be in same boat 🙂
I got mine a couple days ago for 3 weeks from now... Just sayingI called back and she said they only send II 5 weeks in advance. I didn't schedule mine yet because I'll be receiving the formal invite in a week or so (5 weeks from Jan) so you could possibly get one too! I only know I got an II cause they called if not I would be in same boat 🙂
I meant like they aren't scheduling farther than 5 weeks out. So there is still all of January's interviewees that haven't been notified yet....I got mine a couple days ago for 3 weeks from now... Just saying
Of Course! Gig'Em!Howdy! Can a Texas Aggie become a Buckeye?? 😉 We'll see. Best of luck to everyone!
Congrats that is so awesome! 😀 Send me some good juju when you get the chance 😛First II of the season here this morning! Complete early August, IS (OSU alum), non-trad, low LizzyM around 62/63, lots of clinical experience over the years. So pumped, I had given up hope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First II of the season here this morning! Complete early August, IS (OSU alum), non-trad, low LizzyM around 62/63, lots of clinical experience over the years. So pumped, I had given up hope.
Congrats! I'm in a very similar boat and remaining hopeful. I wish you the best of luck!
Congrats! I'm in a very similar boat and remaining hopeful. I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks and you too!
for those who have been accepted how long did it take to hear your decision?
Took about 2 weeks to hear! Interviewed on 10/21 got notified 11/5
Can anyone speak to a C/o 2020 FB group? Trying to find one but I don't see it :'(
Omg that's so fast!!! That would literally put it on my birthday.... Could be a super awesome.... Or sad birthday lolTook about 2 weeks to hear! Interviewed on 10/21 got notified 11/5
Can anyone speak to a C/o 2020 FB group? Trying to find one but I don't see it :'(
....