2015-2016 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I used RFUMS (for Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, their full name), but you can use CMS as well.
I used RFUMS as well.
Also, I called today about sending in more than 3 LOR. While this is acceptable, RFUMS cannot guarantee that more than 3 will be seen by the AdCom.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently finalizing my secondary....does anyone know if its acceptable to use abbreviations for the school? That 100 word limit is tough! If it is acceptable, what abbreviation should be used? RFU? CMS? Any insight is appreciated :)
They abbreviate their school name in the prompt as "RFUMS" if I remember correctly. I would use that abbreviation just to play it safe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any ideas from previous years when Rosy starts sending out IIs?

I just got an email saying my application is still incomplete but I don't know how..... They sent me an email saying they got my supp, the money has been taken out of my account, and all of my letters have been received by every other school. What could
I possibly be missing???

Hello,
I'm a Canadian with a 3.55 cgpa and 3.3 sgpa. I'm going to write my mcat in early jan of 2016.

1) I wanted to know my chances of getting into this SMP.

2) I was wondering if they were any Canadian students in your smp. Did they get into CMS?

3) Does CMS discriminate against BMSers who are Canadian when you apply for their med school?

Hello,
I'm a Canadian with a 3.55 cgpa and 3.3 sgpa. I'm going to write my mcat in early jan of 2016.

1) I wanted to know my chances of getting into this SMP.

2) I was wondering if they were any Canadian students in your smp. Did they get into CMS?

3) Does CMS discriminate against BMSers who are Canadian when you apply for their med school?

This thread is for the medical school class. The thread for the SMP is http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/rosalind-franklin-bms-2015-2016.1095156/ they would probably be able to help you more. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received complete email on 7/28. Have not received and II yet
OOS
29 MCAT
3.79CGPA
3.75BCPM

Last edited:
Received complete email on 7/28. Have not received and II yet :( Hopes are high though..
OOS
29 MCAT (retake; raised exam from 25 MCAT)
3.79CGPA
3.75BCPM
3.86 AO GPA
Chemistry Degree
Either we applied to all the same schools or you spammed the same message on every thread. Really not necessary.

Reactions: 9 users
what is happening any II???????????????

Reactions: 2 users
They sent a small batch of interview invites a few weeks ago

II this morning!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
II this morning! Bad GPA with upward trend and strong postbac year, MCAT 29 (BS 10/VR 11/PS 8), OOS, URM.
This gives me hope as our stats seem fairly similar. Come on, show loveee!!! :drowning:

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else get a duplicate application complete email? I got two but both were sent about 2 weeks apart from each other so idk if it's a computer glitch in their system...?? I'm pretty sure I only submitted my secondary once... o_O

II just now! OOS. LizzyM =71 Secondary complete 7/11.

Let's try this again. Got another interview invite and hopefully it's not a troll

Reactions: 6 users
We are all clear. It's real and I can celebrate. First II

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on all the IIs! I'm still trying to get my payment straightened out :shrug:

Wooo! just got an II!! They must be sending them out slowly today, I was thinking I didn't get one after the few of you that posted earlier.

IS, Lizzy M ~70, Complete 7/14.

Oh wow just realized they do MMI. So that means both interviews I have so far are in that format.

What happened with your payment?
I have no idea. They're telling me that they don't have it. The payment was made directly after submitting my secondary, the money has been removed from my account, and the description shows that it was made to Rosalind Franklin.

Well I know Duke does them, and my interview there is in mid-September! Idk where else though- I haven't looked that much into it.
oh cool! i think it's a very cool format, assesses a totally different aspect of the applicant than a regular interview.

I have no idea. They're telling me that they don't have it. The payment was made directly after submitting my secondary, the money has been removed from my account, and the description shows that it was made to Rosalind Franklin.

This actually happened to me at another school but they resolved it after a couple days, hope it gets fixed soon!

This actually happened to me at another school but they resolved it after a couple days, hope it gets fixed soon!
Thanks. I've been emailing them but it has been unproductive. I've tried calling twice.

MSAR Stats for the curious: they interview 600/12000 applicants for 190 seats.

Got my II today!! :) Rosalind Franklin wasn't a top choice when first selecting schools for the primary app, but after delving into the program and learning about their interprofessional curriculum when filling out the secondary, this school is easily in my top 5 now.

Reactions: 4 users
Got my II today!! :) Rosalind Franklin wasn't a top choice when first selecting schools for the primary app, but after delving into the program and learning about their interprofessional curriculum when filling out the secondary, this school is easily in my top 5 now.

Congrats!

Mind sharing your stats and when you were complete?

Congrats!

Mind sharing your stats and when you were complete?

I completed the app 7/13. I'm OOS (MN) though I went to college in AZ and have been working here since graduating. 3.5 gpa & 30 MCAT. Not the greatest numbers I guess but I have exceptional research experience (if I do say so myself) and lots of health and service-related experiences.

How long did it take you guys to get complete? I submitted on 7/30 and still no email

How long did it take you guys to get complete? I submitted on 7/30 and still no email
Same here. Submitted 7/28 and got a "thanks for the secondary, wait for a complete email," but no complete email. I'm guessing they're sifting through tons of apps right now, as my scores and LOR's have been received at most of the other schools I applied to.