2015-2016 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Both of my science letter writers have a 'Dr.' title so hopefully that'll count as a 'medical professional' :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad.

Both of my science letter writers have a 'Dr.' title so hopefully that'll count as a 'medical professional' :nailbiting:

Lol... I think they specifically mean works in an hospital or direct medical field.. So nurse MD/do pa etc... Sigh

Oh well. I'll just have to submit this one somewhat late once I can get a rec bleh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol... I think they specifically mean works in an hospital or direct medical field.. So nurse MD/do pa etc... Sigh

Oh well. I'll just have to submit this one somewhat late once I can get a rec bleh.
Meh if I remember correctly, I thought it was strongly recommended to have a medical professional LOR but not required? I'm pretty sure that's what it said somewhere on their site otherwise I wouldn't have applied here :I

Meh if I remember correctly, I thought it was strongly recommended to have a medical professional LOR but not required? I'm pretty sure that's what it said somewhere on their site otherwise I wouldn't have applied here :I
They said it was recommended but not required. Fear not

Reactions: 1 user
How long is the response time generally after submission of secondary?

Reactions: 1 users
Got my II in the big wave yesterday moring, really excited, my first II so it feels great.

Question : I've never been to chicago, or north chicago or wherever. What airport are you guys flying to? O'Hare? And are you guys staying at a hotel in chicago/near rfu/or what??. I might want to check out chicago for a day or two since I'm flying there anyways so would it be better to get a hotel closer to the city. Thoughts?

I'm flying into O'hare. Book a hotel from their recommended hotel list on their website. I saved so much money that way

I'm flying into O'hare. Book a hotel from their recommended hotel list on their website. I saved so much money that way

brilliant! why dont they include this in the email or the interview page. Also, it seems a lot of the hotels offer a free shuttle to the campus. are you/did you still renting a car?

No I am not going to rent a car but I will probably be taking a taxi or uber. I figured I will only need the taxi to and from the hotel and since there is a free shuttle to the school from my hotel, I won't have to worry about transportation there.

No I am not going to rent a car but I will probably be taking a taxi or uber. I figured I will only need the taxi to and from the hotel and since there is a free shuttle to the school from my hotel, I won't have to worry about transportation there.
awesome, thanks for your help

O'hare is a giant black hole. I've never flow in/out/through there without some sort of issue. Go thru midway if you can

Got my II in the big wave yesterday moring, really excited, my first II so it feels great.

Question : I've never been to chicago, or north chicago or wherever. What airport are you guys flying to? O'Hare? And are you guys staying at a hotel in chicago/near rfu/or what??. I might want to check out chicago for a day or two since I'm flying there anyways so would it be better to get a hotel closer to the city. Thoughts?
Keep in mind that Chicago is 40 miles away from North Chicago. That means that if you get stuck in traffic, it could potentially take 2 hours to get downtown (or even more). I love about 15 miles away from Chicago, and it's taken me nearly 90 minutes to get downtown before. What I would do is check out Google Maps at the exact time you want to go to your interview a couple weeks before. So, if you decide to stay near/in Chicago, at 6am for the next few Fridays, go to Google maps and look up directions from your hotel to campus to figure out how long it will take you to get there and how bad traffic typically is. If you're interviewing on the 4th, keep in mind traffic will be worse due to the long weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone recommend the cheapest yet not disgusting hotel around the area? This interview process is heartbreakingly expensive, and I'm trying to save wherever I can. And there's no student host program right?

Look into days inn. They have clean beds, a shuttle to the school and free breakfast a only $60 when you mention you are with the school

Hey, so looking at last year's thread, by the time August rolled around, it was starting to take 8 weeks from submission to completion. So if it seems like it's taking a long time, sit tight. Everything should be ok/in order. With >12,000 apps, I guess it just takes a while!

dang, submitted 8/8 still no complete email.

Hey, so looking at last year's thread, by the time August rolled around, it was starting to take 8 weeks from submission to completion. So if it seems like it's taking a long time, sit tight. Everything should be ok/in order. With >12,000 apps, I guess it just takes a while!
I cant even imagine being on the admissions committee here.

CMS interviews around 600 and enrolls around 200, pretty good chances, eh?

MSAR says 599 interviews out of 12089 applicants.

That may be an outdated number. Last year, we've switched to MMI format interviewing allowing us to interview a slightly higher number. I believe we interview 800-900 applicants.

That may be an outdated number. Last year, we've switched to MMI format interviewing allowing us to interview a slightly higher number. I believe we interview 800-900 applicants.
I noticed that the interview was split into either a morning interview or an afternoon interview. Is that new for this year?

I noticed that the interview was split into either a morning interview or an afternoon interview. Is that new for this year?

No, we had that last year as well. Each morning/afternoon session is further split into the actual MMI, a student panel, and tours.

dang, submitted 8/8 still no complete email.

I got my LOR's to them 4th of week of July and only got a confirmation this past Tuesday.
No worries!

Plus, they are using Wufoo to collect secondaries, which would require alot of backend data organizing

II just now!! So excited :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
II just now!! And I didn't think I was ever gonna hear back from this school. Complete late July. Kentucky resident :)

Pretty pumped about this! They have a 5% interview rate for 600/12,000. For a class size of 190, they probably accept around 300-350? Pretty great numbers!

Reactions: 2 users
Woot! II today. Marked complete 7/17. Lots of ties to the Chicagoland area. LizzyM ~74-75. Very excited for the opportunity to interview at CMS. :soexcited:

I have taken a one semester biochem lecture. However, I have not taken a biochem lab. Is biochem lab required to apply?

Congratulations to all those with II!
Has anyone who submitted the supplementary app on or after August 4th received a complete email?

Congratulations to all those with II!
Has anyone who submitted the supplementary app on or after August 4th received a complete email?

I got one today, submitted 8/6

dang, i submitted 8/2 and still haven't got one. where's it at?!
Now it's my turn to relieve your stress!
Don't worry; people that submitted after me received IIs before me and I still ended up receiving one. I think it just depends on who's reviewing your application :)

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the complete e-mail! Submitted 8/2.

Now it's my turn to relieve your stress!
Don't worry; people that submitted after me received IIs before me and I still ended up receiving one. I think it just depends on who's reviewing your application :)
You are my favorite SDNer! Thanks for helping keep us sane!

I submitted on July 30, still no complete email. Would you guys recommend calling/emailing them? All of my letters have been in since early July and I paid on July 30th as well

Does anyone understand what this school's curriculum actually looks like? I've tried to search their webpage, but it seems like the curriculum is still in the works...
~Reposting this question as it seemed to have gotten lost in application logistics :) can any current students weigh in? I've found fancy graphics and high-flying pedagogy rhetoric, but that doesn't really help me understand what the curriculum looks like on a day-to-day (or month-to-month) basis. Thank youuu.