2015-2016 Texas Tech University - Lubbock Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So when they say they won't make a waitlist until after March 1st, does that mean not until May?? Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Literally all they said when I asked about a waitlist being generated after 1 March was, "Yes, that's correct."

I think it'll be best if we are patient. They will eventually let us know whether we are rejected or on the waitlist. :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like everywhere else in texas has already rejected people if they arent on the waitlist

Just called. I was told they're "hoping" to have the wait list complete and inform students by the end of the month.

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an email about being put on the waitlist. The Secondary App website was updated to reflect that as well. Best wishes to everyone!

On the Waitlist... If anyone hears or experiences any movement, please let us know! :nailbiting:

I wonder about the number of people they pick for the alternate list... I don't think they selected everyone, seeing that it took the admission office a long period of time to decide on this list. I'm so curious right now.. haha.

Keeping my slim hopes up..

Last edited:
On the Waitlist... If anyone hears or experiences any movement, please let us know! :nailbiting:

I wonder about the number of people they pick for the alternate list... I don't think they selected everyone, seeing that it took the admission office a long period of time to decide on this list. I'm so curious right now.. haha.

Keeping my slim hopes up..
Same! I've heard that there's always some movement for MD schools after April 31 due to the deadline to pick a school on that day.

edit: April 30th lol

Last edited:
Same! I've heard that there's always some movement for MD schools after April 31 due to the deadline to pick a school on that day.
I will bet you a million bucks that there will be absolutely no movement after April 31... Lol

I will bet you a million bucks that there will be absolutely no movement after April 31... Lol
Hmm why's that? Looking at last two TTU threads there was movement after but actually more before then as well.

Oh wait...is it cause April doesn't have 31 days? :claps:

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted...Which is really weird, because I was rejected the first week of February and so I accepted at a different school.

Haha so it seems like everyone is waitlisted then... Congrats everyone. I wonder why it took so long to form a list...

Where on the application portal are you guys seeing the wait listed status?

Where on the application portal are you guys seeing the wait listed status?

There was an email saying "you are on the alternate list". The email contained a link to the school's application portal, and in the school's application portal, there was a "waitlist" tab on the top. Hope that helps.

Waitlisted...Which is really weird, because I was rejected the first week of February and so I accepted at a different school.
By rejected, do you mean they sent you an email saying you were rejected or that you didn't match at Tech on match day?

In case anyone was wondering how the last class did for matching. Very well overall. General match observations as some one who went through it: EM and Ortho were competitive(do well through medical school if this is your prize at the end), general surgery and internal medicine are becoming more competitive

Haha me too, but I guess it seems like that's what happened!
It would be interesting to know how many people that'd be on the WL...I know they interviewed a little over 900 this year...I wonder how many of those 900 matched at Tech or at another school that they ranked higher? 60%? 70%?

Although if it's just everyone, why so long to release the WL?

For you guys who are worried that everyone got on the waitlist, I didn't receive an email yet and my Tech portal doesn't reflect waitlist/rejection. I think you guys can actually consider yourselves lucky. :p

Reactions: 1 users
Noticed on MSAR that Texas Tech says their waitlist is 60-100 people and 10 get accepted to the class eventually. Not sure how accurate this is though.

Being on the alternate list can be summed up by:
giphy.gif

Noticed on MSAR that Texas Tech says their waitlist is 60-100 people and 10 get accepted to the class eventually. Not sure how accurate this is though.

giphy.gif

haha wow that's very small percentage seeing that A&M waitlists 90-100 and accepts ~40 according to the MSAR... well, I can only wish!

giphy.gif
Can you share the link you found that under? I cant seem to find it in MSAR

Can you share the link you found that under? I cant seem to find it in MSAR
It's under the tab "Acceptance Information," however go back to the main MSAR page and select 2017 edition, it's not on the 2016 edition.

Anyone know if they're still sending emails out to people for wailists? I haven't gotten one yet but I haven't received any communications from them concerning rejection.

I didn't get a WL or rejection email yet. I also interviewed late, did anyone get in off the WL but interviewed in Dec?

I didn't get a WL or rejection email yet. I also interviewed late, did anyone get in off the WL but interviewed in Dec?
I interviewed mid November and as far as I've been able to tell, nobody has been accepted since then from OOS. And since the waitlist came out last week I doubt anybody has gotten off of it yet.

yea, $800 dollars and 4 months later I learn that it was for a waitlist spot, which isn't even ranked, is that right?

Even more importantly has anyone even gotten accepted after Oct 15th from OOS? I'm pretty sure no one posted here in the last 4-5 months with an OOS acceptance. It makes me think that they gave out all 18 OOS spots on October 15th and anyone interviewing afterwards was interviewing for a waitlist spot :(

dang... I also noticed that half of the people on sdn who said they are on the waitlist are OOS... (it's not a reliable form of statistics, but still interesting nonetheless).

So I just called their office and spoke with someone concerning waitlists for IS. Seems like for those of us that haven't gotten that waitlist or rejection email/letter, they will be communicating by the end of the week. Basically you will know if you are rejected or waitlisted by Friday. Hopefully.

yea, $800 dollars and 4 months later I learn that it was for a waitlist spot, which isn't even ranked, is that right?
Definitely party foul on their part. I drove non-stop from South Carolina to make the interview...

Yeah I'm feeling the same way. OOS. Interviewed mid november. waitlisted on Friday.

Received my official IS post-interview rejection email this morning.

Thank you for your interest in the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. Unfortunately, the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a position in the entering class of 2016. Because of the number of well-qualified candidates, our decision was not an easy one. Please understand that this decision was reached only after careful consideration of your entire application.

We look forward to reviewing your application in the future should you choose to reapply to medical school at a later date. We wish you success in all your future endeavors.

Received my official IS post-interview rejection email this morning.

Thank you for your interest in the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. Unfortunately, the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a position in the entering class of 2016. Because of the number of well-qualified candidates, our decision was not an easy one. Please understand that this decision was reached only after careful consideration of your entire application.

We look forward to reviewing your application in the future should you choose to reapply to medical school at a later date. We wish you success in all your future endeavors.

I'm sorry to hear that... :(

By rejected, do you mean they sent you an email saying you were rejected or that you didn't match at Tech on match day?

They sent me an official rejection email in Feb, which I was really disappointed about. I did match to one other school. Then they emailed to let me know they had changed my status to put me on the alternate list.

They sent me an official rejection email in Feb, which I was really disappointed about. I did match to one other school. Then they emailed to let me know they had changed my status to put me on the alternate list.
That is some grade A BS

Can any current students comment on opting for a Big Sibling? Filling out the New Student Information form, and was just curious.

Thank you so much for opening up a spot on the wait-list! Where did you decide to go?
No problem. I waited to see the financial aid packages before making a decision. I chose UT Southwestern at the end.