You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Texas Tech University - Lubbock Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Literally all they said when I asked about a waitlist being generated after 1 March was, "Yes, that's correct."
I think it'll be best if we are patient. They will eventually let us know whether we are rejected or on the waitlist. 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like everywhere else in texas has already rejected people if they arent on the waitlist
Just called. I was told they're "hoping" to have the wait list complete and inform students by the end of the month.
Those accepted... Has anybody heard back about MD/MBA yet?
Just received an email about being put on the waitlist. The Secondary App website was updated to reflect that as well. Best wishes to everyone!
On the Waitlist... If anyone hears or experiences any movement, please let us know! 
I wonder about the number of people they pick for the alternate list... I don't think they selected everyone, seeing that it took the admission office a long period of time to decide on this list. I'm so curious right now.. haha.
Keeping my slim hopes up..
I wonder about the number of people they pick for the alternate list... I don't think they selected everyone, seeing that it took the admission office a long period of time to decide on this list. I'm so curious right now.. haha.
Keeping my slim hopes up..
Last edited:
Same! I've heard that there's always some movement for MD schools after April 31 due to the deadline to pick a school on that day.On the Waitlist... If anyone hears or experiences any movement, please let us know!
I wonder about the number of people they pick for the alternate list... I don't think they selected everyone, seeing that it took the admission office a long period of time to decide on this list. I'm so curious right now.. haha.
Keeping my slim hopes up..
edit: April 30th lol
Last edited:
I will bet you a million bucks that there will be absolutely no movement after April 31... LolSame! I've heard that there's always some movement for MD schools after April 31 due to the deadline to pick a school on that day.
Why do you think that?I will bet you a million bucks that there will be absolutely no movement after April 31... Lol
Hmm why's that? Looking at last two TTU threads there was movement after but actually more before then as well.I will bet you a million bucks that there will be absolutely no movement after April 31... Lol
Oh wait...is it cause April doesn't have 31 days?

On the waitlist as well
Same hereOn the waitlist as well
same
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted OOS
Waitlisted...Which is really weird, because I was rejected the first week of February and so I accepted at a different school.
Haha so it seems like everyone is waitlisted then... Congrats everyone. I wonder why it took so long to form a list...
Where on the application portal are you guys seeing the wait listed status?
Where on the application portal are you guys seeing the wait listed status?
There was an email saying "you are on the alternate list". The email contained a link to the school's application portal, and in the school's application portal, there was a "waitlist" tab on the top. Hope that helps.
By rejected, do you mean they sent you an email saying you were rejected or that you didn't match at Tech on match day?Waitlisted...Which is really weird, because I was rejected the first week of February and so I accepted at a different school.
I really hope they didnt just put everyone who didnt match on the wait list...
In case anyone was wondering how the last class did for matching. Very well overall. General match observations as some one who went through it: EM and Ortho were competitive(do well through medical school if this is your prize at the end), general surgery and internal medicine are becoming more competitive
I really hope they didnt just put everyone who didnt match on the wait list...
Haha me too, but I guess it seems like that's what happened!
Sooooo no one has gotten any notifications about MD/MBA yet?
It would be interesting to know how many people that'd be on the WL...I know they interviewed a little over 900 this year...I wonder how many of those 900 matched at Tech or at another school that they ranked higher? 60%? 70%?Haha me too, but I guess it seems like that's what happened!
Although if it's just everyone, why so long to release the WL?
7
713470
For you guys who are worried that everyone got on the waitlist, I didn't receive an email yet and my Tech portal doesn't reflect waitlist/rejection. I think you guys can actually consider yourselves lucky. 😛
Noticed on MSAR that Texas Tech says their waitlist is 60-100 people and 10 get accepted to the class eventually. Not sure how accurate this is though.
Being on the alternate list can be summed up by:
![]()
haha wow that's very small percentage seeing that A&M waitlists 90-100 and accepts ~40 according to the MSAR... well, I can only wish!
Can you share the link you found that under? I cant seem to find it in MSARNoticed on MSAR that Texas Tech says their waitlist is 60-100 people and 10 get accepted to the class eventually. Not sure how accurate this is though.
Being on the alternate list can be summed up by:
![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's under the tab "Acceptance Information," however go back to the main MSAR page and select 2017 edition, it's not on the 2016 edition.Can you share the link you found that under? I cant seem to find it in MSAR
Anyone know if they're still sending emails out to people for wailists? I haven't gotten one yet but I haven't received any communications from them concerning rejection.
I didn't get a WL or rejection email yet. I also interviewed late, did anyone get in off the WL but interviewed in Dec?
I interviewed mid November and as far as I've been able to tell, nobody has been accepted since then from OOS. And since the waitlist came out last week I doubt anybody has gotten off of it yet.I didn't get a WL or rejection email yet. I also interviewed late, did anyone get in off the WL but interviewed in Dec?
yea, $800 dollars and 4 months later I learn that it was for a waitlist spot, which isn't even ranked, is that right?
Even more importantly has anyone even gotten accepted after Oct 15th from OOS? I'm pretty sure no one posted here in the last 4-5 months with an OOS acceptance. It makes me think that they gave out all 18 OOS spots on October 15th and anyone interviewing afterwards was interviewing for a waitlist spot 🙁
dang... I also noticed that half of the people on sdn who said they are on the waitlist are OOS... (it's not a reliable form of statistics, but still interesting nonetheless).
So I just called their office and spoke with someone concerning waitlists for IS. Seems like for those of us that haven't gotten that waitlist or rejection email/letter, they will be communicating by the end of the week. Basically you will know if you are rejected or waitlisted by Friday. Hopefully.
Definitely party foul on their part. I drove non-stop from South Carolina to make the interview...yea, $800 dollars and 4 months later I learn that it was for a waitlist spot, which isn't even ranked, is that right?
Yeah I'm feeling the same way. OOS. Interviewed mid november. waitlisted on Friday.
7
713470
Received my official IS post-interview rejection email this morning.
Thank you for your interest in the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. Unfortunately, the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a position in the entering class of 2016. Because of the number of well-qualified candidates, our decision was not an easy one. Please understand that this decision was reached only after careful consideration of your entire application.
We look forward to reviewing your application in the future should you choose to reapply to medical school at a later date. We wish you success in all your future endeavors.
Thank you for your interest in the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. Unfortunately, the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a position in the entering class of 2016. Because of the number of well-qualified candidates, our decision was not an easy one. Please understand that this decision was reached only after careful consideration of your entire application.
We look forward to reviewing your application in the future should you choose to reapply to medical school at a later date. We wish you success in all your future endeavors.
Received my official IS post-interview rejection email this morning.
Thank you for your interest in the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. Unfortunately, the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you a position in the entering class of 2016. Because of the number of well-qualified candidates, our decision was not an easy one. Please understand that this decision was reached only after careful consideration of your entire application.
We look forward to reviewing your application in the future should you choose to reapply to medical school at a later date. We wish you success in all your future endeavors.
I'm sorry to hear that... 🙁
By rejected, do you mean they sent you an email saying you were rejected or that you didn't match at Tech on match day?
They sent me an official rejection email in Feb, which I was really disappointed about. I did match to one other school. Then they emailed to let me know they had changed my status to put me on the alternate list.
That is some grade A BSThey sent me an official rejection email in Feb, which I was really disappointed about. I did match to one other school. Then they emailed to let me know they had changed my status to put me on the alternate list.
Can any current students comment on opting for a Big Sibling? Filling out the New Student Information form, and was just curious.
anyone heard from the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just declined an offer, from out of state. Good luck to those of you waiting to hear back!anyone heard from the waitlist?
+1 OOSI just declined an offer, from out of state. Good luck to those of you waiting to hear back!
I withdrew as well the other day (in-state).
+1 OOS
+1 IS
Any others?
+1 IS
Any others?
No problem. I waited to see the financial aid packages before making a decision. I chose UT Southwestern at the end.Thank you so much for opening up a spot on the wait-list! Where did you decide to go?