You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Texas Tech University - Lubbock Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So if I like tech a lot, but rank it as my 2nd school, will that affect me being accepted if I don't get into my 1st?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So if I like tech a lot, but rank it as my 2nd school, will that affect me being accepted if I don't get into my 1st?
No, rank the schools in the order you would prefer to attend them.
I was accepted (OOS applicant) back on October 15th, but it has been radio silence since then. I did send my final transcripts, signed all the paperwork, and completed my background check. However, I haven't gotten any emails about setting up an email account or applying for financial aid (or any emails at all). Is anybody else in the same situation? I'm just not quite sure what to do in the near future.
I was accepted (OOS applicant) back on October 15th, but it has been radio silence since then. I did send my final transcripts, signed all the paperwork, and completed my background check. However, I haven't gotten any emails about setting up an email account or applying for financial aid (or any emails at all). Is anybody else in the same situation? I'm just not quite sure what to do in the near future.
Same here. Haven't gotten an email since I pre-matched. To make it even worse, I did not get an email concerning my acceptance until I checked it on TMDSAS. Called and they told me they have a problem with outlook. Did you get a mailed letter of acceptance?
I would consider calling just so you have an idea of what is going on. I was accepted in November and I recieved a ton of emails reminding me to set up a raider email account.I was accepted (OOS applicant) back on October 15th, but it has been radio silence since then. I did send my final transcripts, signed all the paperwork, and completed my background check. However, I haven't gotten any emails about setting up an email account or applying for financial aid (or any emails at all). Is anybody else in the same situation? I'm just not quite sure what to do in the near future.
Don't we just send transcript to TMDSAS for them to update our coursework?Does Tech accept grade/coursework updates submitted pre-II? If so, would I just send it to their general admissions email address?
Don't we just send transcript to TMDSAS for them to update our coursework?
Oh wait you're right, lol totally forgot about that for a minute there. Thanks!
No problem!Oh wait you're right, lol totally forgot about that for a minute there. Thanks!
Me too! I've been waiting for weeks. When the call was finished were you under the impression that you would receive a decision soon or do you think we will wait to hear until match day?Finally got the MBA call
I am in state and I don't have an MD acceptance yet. That's why I'm curious when I will hear something. I was under the impression that after 12/31 we wouldn't be accepted until 2/1 but... Maybe it is a different story for the dual degree program.Congrats? Did you already have an MD acceptance already and we're waiting to hear back on the dual degree program?
Also are you in state or out of state?
So you just got a call for MBA only? Not sure on MD? I'm like 100% sure I'm good on the MBA front, so now wondering why I didn't get a call yet... :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a call to interview for the MBA part. On my interview day the MBA people weren't available so I have been waiting for a phone interview. I'm pretty sure it went really well but I don't have an acceptance from the MBA or the MD yet. Not sure if MD can accept after the pre match period until match day.So you just got a call for MBA only? Not sure on MD? I'm like 100% sure I'm good on the MBA front, so now wondering why I didn't get a call yet... :/
Does anyone know if/when tech has second look?
No 2nd look (although I've seen a candidate or two who prematched come on their own to check things out again), but there is a Spring Training in April for those who were accepted. Match is obviously over by then, but there is still wait list movement after that.
Also - the year I applied, I think prematches only went out on Nov 15. The rest were saved until Match Day. So all IS spots are certainly not yet given out, and you shouldn't be frustrated if you didn't prematch. Hanging around SDN too much will give you the impression that most people prematch when in reality that would be the minority at most schools.
OOS is a little different. Since there aren't many, they are often given out early. OOS students then have to wait for others to drop as that number has to stay at 10%.
OOS is a little different. Since there aren't many, they are often given out early. OOS students then have to wait for others to drop as that number has to stay at 10%.
Any mirrors that you know of? Can't seem to download without payingI'm not holding out much hope for pre-match at this point. Look at it this way. People who get pre-match offers are highly competitive. It is unlikely that they will only be highly competitive to one school, so many of them, if not most, will get more than one pre match. And probably a good number of those will get more than 2 or 3. They can only go to one school. The Point is, a LOT of the total seats are going to be filled on match day. Hang in there. If you look at the TAAHP report on scribd, you will see that ~70% of IS applicants who got interviews in Texas were accepted. So the odds are in your favor.
Thank you!! Is there a way to get the whole file?
Thank you!! Is there a way to get the whole file?
I was able to get the whole file using the scribd iPhone app
When will we find out and how will we find out if we have been accepted?
Will the matches be announced on TMDSAS on February 1st?
I think the 2nd, but I could be wrong.
I think the 2nd, but I could be wrong.
Feb 1 at 8AM CST
Did anyone receive an email about eraider activation? I received one, but I haven't been accepted (hoping for match day though!)...
Did anyone receive an email about eraider activation? I received one, but I haven't been accepted (hoping for match day though!)...
How did you receive an email about eraider activation without news of an acceptance?
How did you receive an email about eraider activation without news of an acceptance?
Um I don't know... which is why Im trying to figure out why...
Idk I got one that said to activate for el paso and im pretty sure I didnt get pre matched there. I wouldn't worry about it.Um I don't know... which is why Im trying to figure out why...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Um I don't know... which is why Im trying to figure out why...
Thought you had called them to try to figure it out already since you had Thursday and Friday after your post, lol. No need...no need.
Last edited:
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! I can't wait to see who my classmates will be!
Also, @rederza, I didn't get anything. I kind of assumed it would come after match day so they weren't printing a ton of letters.
Also, @rederza, I didn't get anything. I kind of assumed it would come after match day so they weren't printing a ton of letters.
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! I can't wait to see who my classmates will be!
Also, @rederza, I didn't get anything. I kind of assumed it would come after match day so they weren't printing a ton of letters.
Okay cool 🙂 I was worried lol, I got some from the other school I prematched too but none here. I'm excited to see too! Im sure it's been mentioned before but was there a FB group for us?
No problem! And for the facebook group just search Texas Tech School of Medicine Class of 2020Okay cool 🙂 I was worried lol, I got some from the other school I prematched too but none here. I'm excited to see too! Im sure it's been mentioned before but was there a FB group for us?
No match for me here :/ Anyone know when waitlist or rejections are announced?
matched🙂 I can't log in though-does anybody know how to figure out what your username is?
Edit: it's your TMDSAS ID, sorry I'm dumb
Edit: it's your TMDSAS ID, sorry I'm dumb
Last edited:
Matched here! See ya'll in the fall!
By the way, if you didn't match you'll get an email in about 2 or 3 weeks letting you know if you're on the waitlist. The waitlist is "not ranked" meaning they won't let you know where you are on the list, but I know plenty of people who got off of it in like June, including my sister. Good luck everyone!
By the way, if you didn't match you'll get an email in about 2 or 3 weeks letting you know if you're on the waitlist. The waitlist is "not ranked" meaning they won't let you know where you are on the list, but I know plenty of people who got off of it in like June, including my sister. Good luck everyone!
matched🙂 I can't log in though-does anybody know how to figure out what your username is?
Edit: it's your TMDSAS ID, sorry I'm dumb
Quick question! I matched this morning too, super excited! I haven't received an e-mail or anything else though. Are you talking about logging into a Texas Tech account?
Quick question! I matched this morning too, super excited! I haven't received an e-mail or anything else though. Are you talking about logging into a Texas Tech account?
I'm sure you'll get an email soon with the link - but what baconator was talking about was the login info for a link that was sent in the acceptance email. The link should be the same one that had your interview invite/secondary app/etc so you should be able to access it regardless of the email
about how many people make it off the waitlist every year?
If I matched somewhere else, but not here, and I really really want to go here, do I have to reject the other school in order to even be on a Texas Tech wait list?
No - if the school waitlists you it will be regardless of if you're accepted somewhere else. I imagine most people on the waitlist will be accepted somewhere else as wellIf I matched somewhere else, but not here, and I really really want to go here, do I have to reject the other school in order to even be on a Texas Tech wait list?
Does Tech reject some applicants or is everyone on the wait list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anybody know when the last time OOS applicants have been accepted? I'll probably call soon, but I'm trying to see if they have already filled the spots they can or if they still have some spots to hand out. I interviewed late November and I'm starting to think that all the spots were given out before I even interviewed
I interviewed in October and think I was in the same boat as you. Let me know what they say when you call!does anybody know when the last time OOS applicants have been accepted? I'll probably call soon, but I'm trying to see if they have already filled the spots they can or if they still have some spots to hand out. I interviewed late November and I'm starting to think that all the spots were given out before I even interviewed
Spoke to the admissions office a few minutes ago. The wait list will be released mid March. You will receive an email. Until then there will not be much communication!
I may be getting ahead of myself, but does anyone know anything about when we find out MBA program acceptances?
I was told April this morning!I may be getting ahead of myself, but does anyone know anything about when we find out MBA program acceptances?