You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Texas Tech University - Lubbock Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you mean they will tell you that you are on the wait list in mid march or you have been released from the wait list?Spoke to the admissions office a few minutes ago. The wait list will be released mid March. You will receive an email. Until then there will not be much communication!
Do you mean they will tell you that you are on the wait list in mid march or you have been released from the wait list?
Mid march is when they will tell us whether we are waitlisted or not!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. Haven't gotten an email since I pre-matched. To make it even worse, I did not get an email concerning my acceptance until I checked it on TMDSAS. Called and they told me they have a problem with outlook. Did you get a mailed letter of acceptance?
I pre-matched here, but haven't received anything in the mail yet. According to current Tech students, they got their letter and miscellany in the mail some time in April. Congrats to everyone who matched here today!For people who got accepted, did you guys get anything in the mail? Like a packet?
Matched. Interviewed for MBA program in November, still waiting to hear back. Does anyone know the ideal neighborhoods in Lubbock? I'd hate to end up in a freshman apartment .
Renting a house in the area west of Greek Circle would be my advice, granted you have the means (a little pricier). As long as you stay away from McDougalland (area just east of University), you should be fine as far as avoiding freshmen and undergrads.Matched. Interviewed for MBA program in November, still waiting to hear back. Does anyone know the ideal neighborhoods in Lubbock? I'd hate to end up in a freshman apartment .
I know at least 5 people who got off Tech waitlist. Won't happen until May though. Largely due to acceptances at Baylor and people required to hold only 1 acceptance.about how many people make it off the waitlist every year?
My advice is to be patient and keep doing your good premed work and maybe send in an update letter. What's yours will be yours. Best~
Last edited:
I think you're right. However, there's OOSers every year who go elsewhere. And I have a hunch that those of us that interviewed after the 15th of October will be the first ones they consider too, since we really haven't gotten a chance yet. Look at last year's thread and you'll see a few OOS got in March-May off the WL.does anybody know when the last time OOS applicants have been accepted? I'll probably call soon, but I'm trying to see if they have already filled the spots they can or if they still have some spots to hand out. I interviewed late November and I'm starting to think that all the spots were given out before I even interviewed
.
Last edited:
Join the FB group! It's called Texas tech school of medicine class of 2020. Some older med students have posted about a spring training weekend April 8-10 that's for housing, information and such!Matched too. Not sure if anyone said this yet but is there a welcome weekend or something that all the MS0s attend to find apartments/visit the TTUHSC again? Super excited!
Last edited:
Any news on the waitlist?
D
deleted630218
If we did not match and are hoping for the waitlist to come through for us, do we still need to submit our transcripts from the fall to TMDSAS or have any other type of communication with the school, or just be patient?
I think just be patient, I think I read that they wont use any grades or anything at this point to determine your statusIf we did not match and are hoping for the waitlist to come through for us, do we still need to submit our transcripts from the fall to TMDSAS or have any other type of communication with the school, or just be patient?
I'm sure you'll get an email soon with the link - but what baconator was talking about was the login info for a link that was sent in the acceptance email. The link should be the same one that had your interview invite/secondary app/etc so you should be able to access it regardless of the email
gracey7 have you received any other e-mail from the school besides the acceptance one? I've had issues receiving e-mail from them (currently getting my email address on file changed to a different one, so hopefully that will be fixed soon!), I found out that an email went out about spring training that I didnt receive either. I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything else?
gracey7 have you received any other e-mail from the school besides the acceptance one? I've had issues receiving e-mail from them (currently getting my email address on file changed to a different one, so hopefully that will be fixed soon!), I found out that an email went out about spring training that I didnt receive either. I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything else?
All I've gotten is the acceptance email, an email about spring training, and a follow up email about spring training correcting a link on the original email!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone written a letter of intent to Lubbock? If so did you send it to the admissions office or to a specific person (Dean, Director, etc)?
I'm waiting til i get on the waitlist
Does anyone know how Tech's waitlist works? Is everyone on it? Will they tell you your ranking?
Do any of you know if Tech requires parental information on your fafsa? I swear I remember reading that somewhere, but can't confirm. I called into the office and they said it wasn't required... but the people I talked to seemed kinda clueless. Let me know if any of you have read this anywhere!
In the FAQ section of financial aid on the website it says that it's not required!Do any of you know if Tech requires parental information on your fafsa? I swear I remember reading that somewhere, but can't confirm. I called into the office and they said it wasn't required... but the people I talked to seemed kinda clueless. Let me know if any of you have read this anywhere!
I've been told it's not ranked and they won't tell you where you are on it. They pull from the waitlist depending on who declined their acceptance. But idk if everyone gets put on it... Has anyone been denied or heard of anyone being denied this round?Does anyone know how Tech's waitlist works? Is everyone on it? Will they tell you your ranking?
Just saw a facebook post of an acceptance today, FYIAny news on the waitlist?
I saw a couple too, but the ones I saw were people who were in an early acceptance program getting their official notification, not someone who went through the regular app. @unparapluie might've seen something different though!In State or Out of State?
I dont think theyve even made a waitlist yet
ISIn State or Out of State?
All the Early Acceptance students were notified either on Feb 1 or a couple of days after that, and the post I mentioned showed the date the acceptance email was sent - 02/24, for the entering class of 2016! 🙂I saw a couple too, but the ones I saw were people who were in an early acceptance program getting their official notification, not someone who went through the regular app. @unparapluie might've seen something different though!
EDIT: Also, the Early Acceptance students are in the entering class of 2017, so that helps sort out posts you might have seen.
I'm pretty sure they were all Honors students from TTU main campus who received early acceptance. These were formality acceptances alone, nothing else.
I'm not trying to induce panic about waitlist movement when it seems that it might not have even been released yet. I'm not aware of whether or not these students get another courtesy email in addition to the one they would've received last year upon admission to their respective entering class. Sorry for any confusion I caused!
Per their website (https://www.ttuhsc.edu/som/admissions/faq.aspx):
"How do I know if I am selected as an alternate?
Individuals selected as an alternate will be notified by email and/or mail. As an alternate you will be placed on our wait list. The wait list is not ranked and each alternate (individual) on the wait list is also unranked.
An alternate/wait list will not be generated until after March 1st."
So that was from something else. NOT the waitlist.
"How do I know if I am selected as an alternate?
Individuals selected as an alternate will be notified by email and/or mail. As an alternate you will be placed on our wait list. The wait list is not ranked and each alternate (individual) on the wait list is also unranked.
An alternate/wait list will not be generated until after March 1st."
So that was from something else. NOT the waitlist.
Last edited:
If I understand this, because the wait list is unranked, does that mean that the alternate is some how assigned an accepted student then if their assigned accepted student drops then they are accepted? How else can a wait list not be ranked?
If I understand this, because the wait list is unranked, does that mean that the alternate is some how assigned an accepted student then if their assigned accepted student drops then they are accepted? How else can a wait list not be ranked?
It means that they most likely use the waitlist in a way that maintains the diversity of the class. For instance, if someone drops out that is interested in public health, speaks Spanish, and has a high MCAT then they will try to fill the spot with the best candidate with similar background/interests.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! I didnt receive any of them but I got my email changed now so hopefully will get future ones!
All I've gotten is the acceptance email, an email about spring training, and a follow up email about spring training correcting a link on the original email!
Do you know when they will???I dont think theyve even made a waitlist yet
After March 1st hahahaDo you know when they will???
I know I'm not helpful, but the silence from these guys is ridiculous.
at least we havent been denied yet..?
Agreed! Does anyone know someone that has actually been denied from Tech after interviewing this cycle?at least we havent been denied yet..?
Yea it's a little weird that nobody from out of state has been accepted after my interview all the way back in mid November...almost as if there were already no spots for oos when I interviewed. Would have been nice to know if that was the case. I really liked my experience here
I feel the same way. Wish I would have known that this trip was going to be a waste of time.Yea it's a little weird that nobody from out of state has been accepted after my interview all the way back in mid November...almost as if there were already no spots for oos when I interviewed. Would have been nice to know if that was the case. I really liked my experience here
I have an OOS acceptance from my Sept 11 interview date. Don't know if you guys were after that or not.I feel the same way. Wish I would have known that this trip was going to be a waste of time.
No, it was mid November, I think they sent out all their oos acceptances on the same day. Did you receive your acceptance October 15th or November 15th?
So like mid march sometime? LOL And has anyone received a rejection email/letter that you know of???After March 1st hahaha
I know I'm not helpful, but the silence from these guys is ridiculous.
Haha I was thinking the same thing. I haven't heard anything post interview (IS).So like mid march sometime? LOL And has anyone received a rejection email/letter that you know of???
1. As a medical school that is focused on primary care with some emphasis on rural health, we are interested in the areas our applicants are considering of practicing. Please indicate the area(s) of medicine you are interested in and briefly describe your significant activities for each respective interest. Please list them individually in a bulleted format in the text box provided below. If you are interested in something other than primary care, please indicate your interest in the OTHER category. Also, all applicants must answer Question #2.
Areas of interest:
Interested in the F-MAT (Family Medicine Accelerated Track)
Interested in practicing in an underserved area
Interested in rural health
Medical Research
Medical Academics
Primary Care
Border Health
Public Health
Other
2. List your activities (completed, current or planned) related to the selections made in question #1.
?
How is question 1 different from question 2 on the secondary? Did y'all just put the same exact thing (including planned activities) for question 2?
I don't think I did - I remember it being pretty redundant but I think in Q2 there was more room to write and describe things. In Q1 I didn't even write complete sentences because I had listed out each interest I had selected and then simply put a dash and what thing I had actually done that was relevant to that interest. Then in Q2 I further described those activities and it was more of a paragraph instead of a list. Hope that helps - I'm sure you can answer this question in any kind of format!How is question 1 different from question 2 on the secondary? Did y'all just put the same exact thing (including planned activities) for question 2?
has anyone received any kind of info about the waitlist yet?
Nope. Nada
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do we know we weren't just rejected and just not sent a courteous rejection email????has anyone received any kind of info about the waitlist yet?
anyone heard anything yet about the waitlist? This silence is killing me...
I called a few minutes ago to withdraw from further consideration (I'm OOS), and tried to get information on WL for y'all on here, but they didn't have much to say on it. My guess is that they're still working on it? Also, remember that most movement will occur after May 1st.
Hang in there! I wish you all the best! I really liked this school, but I'm grateful for the opportunities I have.
Hang in there! I wish you all the best! I really liked this school, but I'm grateful for the opportunities I have.
I called a few minutes ago to withdraw from further consideration (I'm OOS), and tried to get information on WL for y'all on here, but they didn't have much to say on it. My guess is that they're still working on it? Also, remember that most movement will occur after May 1st.
Hang in there! I wish you all the best! I really liked this school, but I'm grateful for the opportunities I have.
Haha thank you. Appreciate it.
Last edited:
Thanks redfarri. I appreciate that you were proactive enough to make that call. It makes the process much smoother for those that will end up getting accepted here.