2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys scared me to death. I looked at this thread and saw it was on page 8 now. I was like nooooooo they must have sent out acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Aren't they supposed to send out acceptances once a month, or am I getting confused with another school?

Today (Nov 30) is the last day they can do so for November...

Aren't they supposed to send out acceptances once a month, or am I getting confused with another school?

Today (Nov 30) is the last day they can do so for November...

That's what I was thinking but you never know. It seems that every school is a bit behind

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what would be sweet? More interviews!

Reactions: 4 users
So does MCG follow any kind of predictable schedule? It feels totally random when they send acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait....the chances of a pre-Christmas acceptance are thin? I was hoping to hear back this week lol. Interviewed oct 7th

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
As a borderline applicant, I feel like my chances of an early acceptance are slim.

So does MCG follow any kind of predictable schedule? It feels totally random when they send acceptances.

I just called admissions they have no timeline whatsoever. Apparently, they have even cancelled some of the adcom meetings.

Reactions: 1 users
Does MCG consider 'letters of intent' with application updates? I wrote a document of updated activities and associated hours along with my transcriptsalready, but I'm not sure if I should include my last bit which is basically a statement of three reasons I want to go to MCG specifically.

Does MCG consider 'letters of intent' with application updates? I wrote a document of updated activities and associated hours along with my transcriptsalready, but I'm not sure if I should include my last bit which is basically a statement of three reasons I want to go to MCG specifically.
I've been debating of submitting a letter of intent also, but unfortunately I don't have any substantial updates.

If they are sending out more IIs today, I wonder if that means they recently met and will send out some acceptances soon? hopefully

Members don't see this ad :)
If they are sending out more IIs today, I wonder if that means they recently met and will send out some acceptances soon? hopefully

Am I correct in that it appears there have been no decisions sent out since the EDP decisions rendered in September?

Yeah, they sent the first round of RD decisions ~Oct 30 and nothing since then, which is incredibly annoying.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted this morning! IS, interviewed late September.

Accepted this morning! IS, interviewed late September.

Congratulations! Do you plan to matriculate at MCG irrespective of where else you may be accepted this cycle?

Do you think they will keep sending out acceptances throughout the day? Or did we miss the morning surge? :(

Reactions: 3 users
Do you think they will keep sending out acceptances throughout the day? Or did we miss the morning surge? :(

Maybe we can all split the cost for a cryogenic chamber until next month

Reactions: 5 users
CONGRATULATIONS!

Do you plan to matriculate at MCG? :)

I'm still in shock. I haven't decided. I got another acceptance today as well so im still on cloud nine lol definitely loved the school though

Is it normal for people who have interviewed to be accepted in later months? I interviewed mid october... and it seems that acceptances go out once a month. Of course I'm wondering if I'll still be considered for acceptance in the coming months. Anyone have any insight?

Is there an open house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or a facebook group for accepted students?

Or a facebook group for accepted students?

There have been Facebook groups in prior years, though I haven't been able to find one for this cycle. I hope one will be made, though I don't know if there is someone specifically responsible (at the school) for doing this each year.

This thread is very boring lol. I got accepted a month ago...and am excited about starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you guys think IIs are still going out? complete in mid-september still no word

do you guys think IIs are still going out? complete in mid-september still no word
Not sure. There were five dates left in the portal when I got my II the morning of 12.1. When I revisited the portal to actually choose my interview date that evening there were 4 dates left 3/4 being at the Athens campus. Two dates are in January, but there was nothing after from what I could see. But maybe those were just the dates I personally could choose from idk

I wish I got accepted already so I don't need to go through christmas break not knowing.

Does anyone know how admissions choses who they review. I got my II a week after my secondary was complete and it was in early November/ late October. My scores are above the average but not by much

I think next round of decisions will go out around Dec 19, assuming they continue their trend.

It was in august and i dont know whats up with my stuff. I got 514 and 3.8 gpa but i could be lacking in hours compared to others these days...

You're not alone! Interviewed September with 512/3.9 and haven't heard anything since.