2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
whats the min. MCAT needed to be invited for an interview?

There is no officially stated minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back that interviewed mid December?

Hmm if I've been completed since August and haven't received an II yet, is it safe to assume that things aren't looking too great for me at MCG?

Members don't see this ad :)
Merry Christmas everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Hmm if I've been completed since August and haven't received an II yet, is it safe to assume that things aren't looking too great for me at MCG?

Last cycle I was complete at the end of September 2015 and got an interview January 11th, 2016. This year I was complete July 18th and still have not heard back with a II invite. There is still hope! Last cycle they interviewed into the first week of March, I believe. Good luck! Hopefully we'll hear back by January!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time lurker, but a first time poster on this thread.

-Accepted- 12/21
-Interviewed- 10/4

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! mind if I ask when you were complete? and/or stats. I'm just trying to gauge where my application might fall.

Complete end of July/begining of August. Second time applicant. Lizzy M. 60. 5000 + hours clinical experience (paid work). Research (undergraduate +internship) around 150 hours clinical volunteer work. About 28 hours non-clinical volunteer work. URM. From medically underserved area.

I don't know if you wanted to know all of that info but there it is! Lol.

Complete end of July/begining of August. Second time applicant. Lizzy M. 60. 5000 + hours clinical experience (paid work). Research (undergraduate +internship) around 150 hours clinical volunteer work. About 28 hours non-clinical volunteer work. URM. From medically underserved area.

Thank you very much! This was nice to know :) I was complete around mid August, so hopefully they show me some love soon lol. Happy new years!

Reactions: 1 users

Thank you for the info! I was done about the same time you were so hopefully I'll hear back soon. Good luck at your interview tomorrow!! You're gonna rock it.

Where would we send update letters to exactly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does MCG use rolling admissions? I thought they did but now I'm not so sure since I've been complete since August and haven't heard anything since.

Reactions: 1 user
Does MCG use rolling admissions? I thought they did but now I'm not so sure since I've been complete since August and haven't heard anything since.

Yes, MCG does do rolling admissions. I myself have been complete since July 18 and have not heard back for an interview either. Hopefully it'll pick up between January and February since, if I'm not mistaken, they stop interviewing early March.

I interviewed in mid-October--when do you guys think the next round of acceptances will go out? *fingers crossed*

I interviewed in mid-October--when do you guys think the next round of acceptances will go out? *fingers crossed*
I interviewed around the same time, been waiting since. Hopefully soon!!

Are classes mandatory? Only first year is pass/fail right?

Are classes mandatory? Only first year is pass/fail right?

Most classes are NOT mandatory (everything is recorded and put online so you can watch it later).

And yes, only first year is P/F.

Most classes are NOT mandatory (everything is recorded and put online so you can watch it later).

And yes, only first year is P/F.

Thanks! Where do most students live?

I am apartment hunting and would appreciate it if current students have any input!

I am apartment hunting and would appreciate it if current students have any input!

Not a current student, but I've lived in the area for a while and know some people at MCG.
I know that Canalside is an option and I know a few people who live off Alexander Drive (although it is a bit farther away).
it's also fairly easy to find a house to rent in Augusta if you can find a roommate or two.

Thanks! Where do most students live?

Mmm. There are some students who live in houses downtown. And then some in houses close to Walton. And there are apartment complexes off of Washington where people live, like the Glenn.

Is it recommended to live close to campus?

Is it recommended to live close to campus?

Not really. I mean I wouldn't recommend to live like an hour away. But really close to campus (closer than about 10 minutes away) can be kind of sketchy. If you want to live close though, there is on-campus housing. And I think someone mentioned Canalside. It's pretty close too but seems safe.
You could look into North Augusta too as an option.

Not really. I mean I wouldn't recommend to live like an hour away. But really close to campus (closer than about 10 minutes away) can be kind of sketchy. If you want to live close though, there is on-campus housing. And I think someone mentioned Canalside. It's pretty close too but seems safe.
You could look into North Augusta too as an option.

Thanks!...The Glenn at Alexander seem nice..

Thanks!...The Glenn at Alexander seem nice..

I have 2 friends who live there in two different floorplans and I can confirm they're well maintained and really nice from what I've seen.

Has anyone who has been accepted and committed to matriculate at MCG received any information yet regarding the creation of your AU student account/email address? All of the information furnished by the admissions office after acceptance said that we should expect to receive this sometime after the first of the year.

Has anyone who has been accepted and committed to matriculate at MCG received any information yet regarding the creation of your AU student account/email address? All of the information furnished by the admissions office after acceptance said that we should expect to receive this sometime after the first of the year.

I have not received anything yet...I still gotta start working on my immunizations lol

I have not received anything yet...I still gotta start working on my immunizations lol

Same here. Unfortunately, even immunization documentation cannot be submitted to the MCG student health office until we are allowed to create an ID and an @augusta.edu email address... I very much wish that MCG would go ahead and allow us to create our accounts. It seems fairly straightforward.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea how many people have actually been accepted?

Does anyone have any idea how many people have actually been accepted?

Unfortunately, no. The admissions office does not release those numbers to the AAMC (or, to my knowledge, any other entity) until after each application cycle is complete. You can get a good idea of what the numbers may look like this year, however, by looking at interview, acceptance, and matriculation data from previous years at MCG, as published in the AAMC's Medical School Admissions Requirements (MSAR), which can be purchased (USD $27.00) here.

Any ideas when the next round of decisions are going to roll out? Also how does MCG take into account post interview pre decision letters of intent.

So, I contacted the office to see what my status is and the lady told me they are still reviewing apps but that I should know more info in a few days. Does this mean rejection?

( they are reviewing other apps but I'm getting my status in a few?)

So, I contacted the office to see what my status is and the lady told me they are still reviewing apps but that I should know more info in a few days. Does this mean rejection?

( they are reviewing other apps but I'm getting my status in a few?)

Maybe it is good news and they are planning on releasing more II in a few days? I called last Monday (when all the II went out) to make sure they had all of my info. The woman told me I was complete, and my application is still "in the reviewing process". I felt it was just a generic answer meaning I wasn't getting a II that day, but I hadn't been rejected yet.

Maybe it is good news and they are planning on releasing more II in a few days? I called last Monday (when all the II went out) to make sure they had all of my info. The woman told me I was complete, and my application is still "in the reviewing process". I felt it was just a generic answer meaning I wasn't getting a II that day, but I hadn't been rejected yet.
True, when were you complete?

October 17th, instate

I'm also instate.

Hopefully we'll both hear back soon! MCG doesn't really have a discernible timeline for II or acceptance/rejections that I've seen between last cycle and this one. Maybe we'll hear back later this week or next... Good luck!

Is there a second look day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk