2016-2017 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wouldn't get worried just yet. I interviewed in August and still haven't heard anything, which to me means I'm not rejected.( I feel like they would have done that by now if that was the decision.) I'm trying to hold on to the excitement that there is still news coming in my future.
That`s true too...like they say no news is good news...MSM is my only and last hope this cycle, so getting really nervous!
Anyone who interviewed mid January heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Things probably won't pick up until the middle of March when they are done with interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing in the mail for me still. I'm holding on to "no news is good news".

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing in the mail for me still. I'm holding on to "no news is good news".
I don't even check the snail mail anymore because, apparently, if you get accepted, you'll get an email from AAMC for the background check first. So I'll just wait for that lol

I don't even check the snail mail anymore because, apparently, if you get accepted, you'll get an email from AAMC for the background check first. So I'll just wait for that lol
That didn't happen for everyone though, just that one wave of acceptances a month or so ago.

That didn't happen for everyone though, just that one wave of acceptances a month or so ago.
Yeah that's because it only happens after January I believe. They only sent one round of acceptances after January. So that's why only that group received that email and not the ones from before.

Yeah that's because it only happens after January I believe. They only sent one round of acceptances after January. So that's why only that group received that email and not the ones from before.
I wonder why that is... (the January thing)

Members don't see this ad :)
Also placed on the alternate list, interviewed in late January

placed on the alternate list, but will be withdrawing

Reactions: 1 users
I'm scared to check the mail now smh

Aww shucks. Alternate list for me too :(

Alternate List as well...wow! so many in the alternate list...what`s the chance you can expect?

So is it only alternate list letters that are going out right now? No one has gotten accepted in this wave of letters?

Also WL! :) Not surprised. I don't think I vibed well with my interviewers

Wailtist too! It is not over until it is over. I interviewed on Jan 6th. I think my biggest question is when is the latest that we can hear a final decison. I feel like we are now on a train of "no decision till end of May" ahahaah. Keep faith y'all!

I interviewed in August and still haven't heard back. Is anyone in the same situation?

I interviewed in August and still haven't heard back. Is anyone in the same situation?
Here you are. I'm looking for someone in the same boat!

Was anyone here waitlisted and is IS? Seems that the trend is a lot of people who were recently waitlisted are OOS.

I have my interview Friday, Am i pretty much interviewing for a waitlist spot??? seems like no one is being accepted :/

I have my interview Friday, Am i pretty much interviewing for a waitlist spot??? seems like no one is being accepted :/
If they're interviewing you, they have a spot for you... They will, however, be way pickier than earlier on.

When do you all think it will be best to send a letter of intent after being waitlisted. Will it be too early to do it now?

Does Morehouse also have a waitlist? Some schools have both a waitlist and an alternate list. From what I understand, being on the waitlist gives you more chance to be accepted eventually.

Is there supposed to be another wave of acceptances...? I wonder if there are still spots open....

Is there supposed to be another wave of acceptances...? I wonder if there are still spots open....
i Hope so I'm interviewing Friday :/ but from others schools many are waiting till the sweet March 15th date or around then

Does Morehouse also have a waitlist? Some schools have both a waitlist and an alternate list. From what I understand, being on the waitlist gives you more chance to be accepted eventually.
waitlist = alternate list

waitlist = alternate list

There is a difference between the two. I know this because I have been on both. The waitlist is applied once you have interviewed and they do not want to make a decision on your case. Most schools will place you on the waitlist after an interview if they think that they may be interested in you after they have interviewed a certain percentage of the applicants. In other words, you are neither rejected or accepted. I was placed on the waitlist to Marshall University in October and still have yet to hear from them.

The alternate list is a list of ranked, or in some cases unranked individuals, that did not get a spot in the class outright. The create alternate lists in case one of the people they accepted decides to pull their acceptance late in the game. This is how they insure that their class will be filled at the time of matriculation. I was placed on the alternate list two years ago at WVSOM and found out the day before their classes started that I had not been moved from the list and therefore did not get accepted.

Both are good things to be on, because they signify no rejected applications. I have known several people who got accepted in August for the upcoming school year because they were on the alternate list. Dont give up, even though you constantly check your mail and phone machine to see if you have heard. Most of the time, no news is good news. I hope this helps. Feel free to PM me with any additional questions.

Aaron

:thinking:

ACCEPTED!!! First school, omg, I'm soo excited!!! Definitely go there

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Yay!!!!!! When did you interview?
Sep 30th! A long time waiting. I didn't receive background check email, so people who did not get it, chill out.

Sep 30th! A long time waiting. I didn't receive background check email, so people who did not get it, chill out.
Good stuffff. Did it come in today? I'm guessing it did lol. OS or IS?

Yeah, the letter date is Mar 1, and I just got it today. And I'm in GA :)