2018-2019 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED! interviewed on 09/14. Thought I was still wait listed but the link needed to update lol. Does anyone know how to pay this $100 deposit? It says on the acceptance letter we can pay it on activity page but I don't see an option.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED! interviewed on 09/14. Thought I was still wait listed but the link needed to update lol. Does anyone know how to pay this $100 deposit? It says on the acceptance letter we can pay it on activity page but I don't see an option.
So were you waitlisted originally and then received an email yesterday?

After you indicate yes on the portal the link will show up to pay the deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they send rejection email to those who are on wait list if not accepted or is it going to be a silent rejection?

Reactions: 1 users
Yup, waitlisted as well. I guess it's good to know my "stress interview" didn't equal an automatic rejection. I'll remain hopeful.

We don't have to take any action while on waitlist, do we?

Does Morehouse even do rejections post interview? Or are most/all people just placed on the alternate list?

Does Morehouse even do rejections post interview? Or are most/all people just placed on the alternate list?
I asked the same question twice, but never got any replies.. I looked last year, but could not find any definite answer.. Please let us know if anyone knows the answer...

I asked the same question twice, but never got any replies.. I looked last year, but could not find any definite answer.. Please let us know if anyone knows the answer...
Why don't you just ask the school?

Has anyone written a letter of intent? How did you submit it?

Members don't see this ad :)
This may seem like a silly question..
I can't locate the "Plan to Enroll" button anywhere. I paid the $100 deposit and pressed accept offer on the Morehouse decision form, though it says in the instructions that I am supposed to click that button in AMCAS which becomes available after acceptance (2 days ago).

Does anyone have any information?

- Pleb

This may seem like a silly question..
I can't locate the "Plan to Enroll" button anywhere. I paid the $100 deposit and pressed accept offer on the Morehouse decision form, though it says in the instructions that I am supposed to click that button in AMCAS which becomes available after acceptance (2 days ago).

Does anyone have any information?

- Pleb

On AMCAS, do you see "Choose your medical school". It might be on the left in the bottom box. You have to click that first and then it will take you to the "plan to enroll" page.

Where do you guys
After you indicate yes on the portal the link will show up to pay the deposit.
where do you select yes, all I see is the acceptance letter, I don't see where you would select yes.

Where do you guys

where do you select yes, all I see is the acceptance letter, I don't see where you would select yes.

On apply web, it’s the button right below the decision letter. It states “complete your decision form”

On AMCAS, do you see "Choose your medical school". It might be on the left in the bottom box. You have to click that first and then it will take you to the "plan to enroll" page.

After logging in and looking at the current application cycle I see only this:

Is there supposed to be a button on this page or have I missed something?

- Pleb

Attachments

• AAMC Screenshot 1x.png
    AAMC Screenshot 1x.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 161
  • AAMC screenshot 2x.png
    AAMC screenshot 2x.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 157

- Pleb

Hey! When you first login onto the main page, underneath the heading "Quick Links", the lower left hand corner should have an option for "choose your medical school".

Oh wait on second thought I see your problem lol. There is no "choose your medical school" option. Maybe give it a few days for AMCAS to update and if it's still not there give them a call.

Hi, I applied and interviewed last year and can confirm that Morehouse rejects post interview

- Pleb
On screen shot 2 the button should be in the left. I don’t see it on yours. You may have to wait for the school to update amcas.

The date on my acceptance letter has Jan on it but I go the notification in feb, anyone else experience this?

Apparently they were having system errors on collegenet but they fixed it and I was able to pay the deposit, thought they had rescinded my acceptance for a second lol

Does anyone know if Morehouse is still sending out interviews. I’ve been waiting on them for a while. Starting to think it’s too late.

Random II today, ghosted since July

Reactions: 1 user
Back in my interview, the dean of admissions stated passionately that all applications are considered for acceptance up until the very last day.

Is Morehouse receptive to Letters of intent?

Yes. I sent an update/Interest in Feb (complete Sept) got an II 2 weeks later. Interviewed on a Friday sent a letter of intent that Sunday, got accepted that Wednesday.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's a second look day/ a class page for incoming students?

Does anyone know if there's a second look day/ a class page for incoming students?

There's no second look event planned. Also, I tried looking up through facebook, but I don't see a class page set up yet. There is one for last year's class. Who are you supposed to ask to set up a class page?

There's no second look event planned. Also, I tried looking up through facebook, but I don't see a class page set up yet. There is one for last year's class. Who are you supposed to ask to set up a class page?

Congratulations to all accepted applicants thus far! We hope you decide to join our phenomenal MSM family this coming fall. I will certainly speak with my class president about a Facebook page for the class of 2023.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys,
I interviewd march 1st.
About 3 weeks ago.
I was wondering for those of you accepted or waitlisted.how long did they take to answer?
Also, did they e-mail or sent a letter by mail?

Hi guys,
I interviewd march 1st.
About 3 weeks ago.
I was wondering for those of you accepted or waitlisted.how long did they take to answer?

I think the time line can vary between applicants, but I interviewed mid October and heard back the week of Thanksgiving, so almost 5 weeks. I was notified via email to login to the portal to see my acceptance letter.

I think the time line can vary between applicants, but I interviewed mid October and heard back the week of Thanksgiving, so almost 5 weeks. I was notified via email to login to the portal to see my acceptance letter.
Thank you so much!

Hi guys,
I interviewd march 1st.
About 3 weeks ago.

Interviewed Feb 8th and heard back 2-3 weeks later via email

Does anyone know how long dedicated is for Morehouse?

Last edited: