2017-2018 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-allo mods (WedgeDawg, Ismet, Lucca, or gyngyn) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Would love to me able to stay in Atlanta to attend medical school. Morehouse is one of my top choices. Good luck everyone

From the South so would love to stay here. I also am graduating from an HBCU so there's that

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Eagerly waiting on that Secondary! not sure if they screen or not! Good luck everyone

Last edited:
Eagerly waiting on that Secondary! not sure if they screen or not! Good lick everyone

They are very selective of who they send secondaries to. However, their parameters are not disclosed

Reactions: 2 users
Applying. Love their mission! :clap:

@bengirlxD you're a beast...26 primaries?! an II already?!

you go!!

I knew going into the application cycle I wanted to take no chances on having to take a gap year haha. And yeah I am completely surprised that I got the interview invite so early.

I knew going into the application cycle I wanted to take no chances on having to take a gap year haha. And yeah I am completely surprised that I got the interview invite so early.
what school is the II for?

Anyone applying early decision? Or are all of you guys regular decision?

Anyone applying early decision? Or are all of you guys regular decision?

Wanted to do early decision here but I heard that if they don't get enough ED ppl then they defer you to RD at that point you get into a significant disadvantage.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I applied at Morehouse last year and interviewed with the very first group of regular decision applicants. I got my II July 29th for an interview August 26, just to give you guys an idea of the timeline. Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys! I applied at Morehouse last year and interviewed with the very first group of regular decision applicants. I got my II July 29th for an interview August 26, just to give you guys an idea of the timeline. Good luck!

Thanks!

Anyone got secondary from Morehouse yet?

I don't remember the essay prompts from last year, but they did have you mail in a photo separate from the secondary. Get those pearly whites ready!

I don't remember the essay prompts from last year, but they did have you mail in a photo separate from the secondary. Get those pearly whites ready!

Morehouse School of Medicine Secondary Application (2016)
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here)

Morehouse School of Medicine Secondary Application (2016)
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here)
So basicallllyyyyyy "Why Morehouse?"

When was ur application verified y'all?? it's so frustrating waiting for the application to get verified.

Wanted to do early decision here but I heard that if they don't get enough ED ppl then they defer you to RD at that point you get into a significant disadvantage.
Wow! How disappointing! I have been preparing this app feel like for months for ED..guess ill just have to wait and see...:(:(

Wow! How disappointing! I have been preparing this app feel like for months for ED..guess ill just have to wait and see...:(:(

I would take my advice with a grain of salt however because I got thsi info by reading previous years thread because I really wanted to do ED at this school

When they say keep it to one page, is that single spaced or double spaced? I would assume 1 page is around 400 words. What's the consensus on the word limit?

Do you need to have your mcat score before morehouse send you any secondary?

According to the MSAR, Morehouse does a preliminary screen. So I'm willing to bet that the adcom wants to see that MCAT before sending their secondary.

According to the MSAR, Morehouse does a preliminary screen. So I'm willing to bet that the adcom wants to see that MCAT before sending their secondary.
Msar does not specifically state whether you need an mcat school before getting a secondary

If you don't have mcat, what they normally do is put you on hold and will review your app when you got your score back.

My MCAT was already filled before my primary was verified, so I don't know. I got my secondary right away once my primary was verified though.

My MCAT was already filled before my primary was verified, so I don't know. I got my secondary right away once my primary was verified though.
Ok thanks. I will be taking my mcat next month but my amcas has been processed two weeks ago and i have already received 5 secondaries from other schools but no news from morehouse.

Ok thanks. I will be taking my mcat next month but my amcas has been processed two weeks ago and i have already received 5 secondaries from other schools but no news from morehouse.
My primary this cycle hasn't been verified yet, and I've already submitted 4 secondaries, lol. I've learned to just go with the application flow. :cool:

Hi there! Has anyone received a secondary from Morehouse yet? If so, when did you receive it? I'm waiting anxiously and thought I had the scores for the preliminary screen, but now I am getting a little anxious!

Hi there! Has anyone received a secondary from Morehouse yet? If so, when did you receive it? I'm waiting anxiously and thought I had the scores for the preliminary screen, but now I am getting a little anxious!
From what i heard, morehouse does not send any secondary before august.

From what i heard, morehouse does not send any secondary before august.
Not true. I received my interview invite last year on July 28

July 28 is pretty much closed to august.
You were asking about secondaries. I had my II July 28, which means my secondary was well before that. I received the secondary last cycle on July 11. Sorry, I could have included that information in the first post.

You were asking about secondaries. I had my II July 28, which means my secondary was well before that. I received the secondary last cycle on July 11. Sorry, I could have included that information in the first post.

So in years past it seems that by now most people have received their secondaries and as far as I can tell doesn't seem like they've sent any out yet for this cycle. Is this correct?
I'm really looking forward to applying here so I'm anxiously waiting for the secondary.

So in years past it seems that by now most people have received their secondaries and as far as I can tell doesn't seem like they've sent any out yet for this cycle. Is this correct?
I'm really looking forward to applying here so I'm anxiously waiting for the secondary.

Hopefully they will be sending them within the next week!

Secondary Received

Just got my secondary but when i try to apply, it says that:
Application for Admissions to MD Program is currently closed

like wtf morehouse

received a secondary...But yeah I'm not sure if I should call them or let them figure it out? Any updates ?

Did any one see on the instructions page under "steps to facilitate the processing of your application":
Provide your AAMC ID to all persons who you request to write letters of recommendation for you and instruct them to include it in their letter.

I gave my LOR writers the AMCAS form and they submitted it properly to AMCAS. Idk if they actually wrote my AAMC ID number in the actual letter. As far as I know none of the other schools I've applied to made this recommendation and seems a little too late if we already submitted our letters.