You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if northwestern sends complete emails?
I got an email with The title "YOUR APPLICATION AND FEE CONFIRMATION FOR THE FEINBERG SCHOOL OFMEDICINE"
That and the portal says my app is "complete and under review"
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That and the portal says my app is "complete and under review"
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks! I see neither though it's been a week since letters have been in, so will just wait on that then 🙂I got an email with The title "YOUR APPLICATION AND FEE CONFIRMATION FOR THE FEINBERG SCHOOL OFMEDICINE"
That and the portal says my app is "complete and under review"
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks! I see neither though it's been a week since letters have been in, so will just wait on that then 🙂
Check your spam filter. The email showed up there for me (used a .edu email for reference).
Check your spam filter. The email showed up there for me (used a .edu email for reference).
Found it!! Thanks so much 🙂
Does Northwestern accept any updates to application? New publication and want to see if I can let them know about it.
Yes I have asked before. Here's what they saidDoes Northwestern accept any updates to application? New publication and want to see if I can let them know about it.
"Thank you for your e-mail. If applicants would like to notify us of updates to their application, we ask that they do so through a brief written e-mail or letter. Feel free to send your application update to this e-mail address ([email protected]) (in the body of the e-mail or as a PDF attachment would be great) or to our mailing address below. Please provide your AAMC ID # in the update. Thank you."
I added northwestern late but for the coping skills question do you think if I talked about a story and how I coped with that and used a generalized sentence towards the end I would be good. Or just generalize coping skills of all difficult situations throughout
I added northwestern late but for the coping skills question do you think if I talked about a story and how I coped with that and used a generalized sentence towards the end I would be good. Or just generalize coping skills of all difficult situations throughout
I used a specific event and then talked about how the things I learned from that event have translated to a more general coping.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
720606
Congrats! Did you mean 9/1/16?First II! 8/1/16 OOS (CA) Lizzy M 79. Incredibly excited!
Congrats! Did you mean 9/1/16?
Pretty sure s/he meant complete on 8/1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
7
720606
Oh ok. Thanks for clarification!
7
720606
If you don't mind sharing, what dates/days of the week were given?First II! 8/1/16 OOS (CA) Lizzy M 79. Incredibly excited!
Feinberg downloads letters every Monday.One of my letter of rec writers was late with his letter, but I submitted to AMCAS, and while a different school has updated my application to three letters of rec, the Feinberg portal says it's still missing one. Anyone else have this problem?
Feinberg downloads letters every Monday.
Thanks!
7
720606
II just now!
Is it too late to apply here? I just got an email from their diversity office encouraging me to apply and that they will waive my secondary fee. Im an AA female and they seem to be aggressive with creating diversity. I am well below their 10%ile for gpa so I am not sold on wasting money on the primary. Is it worth it to apply here with a gpa WELL BELOW their average?
Is it too late to apply here? I just got an email from their diversity office encouraging me to apply and that they will waive my secondary fee. Im an AA female and they seem to be aggressive with creating diversity. I am well below their 10%ile for gpa so I am not sold on wasting money on the primary. Is it worth it to apply here with a gpa WELL BELOW their average?
PM'd
They are aggressive about diversity and that has been one of the big draws for me to this school. Keep in mind that just because you receive that email does not mean you are guaranteed an interview or acceptance. That is what they told me at first. I'm an AA male. Hopefully your EC's, letters, PS and secondary essays are strong if you end up applying.
Last edited:
PM'd
They are aggressive about diversity and that has been one of the big draws for me to this school. Keep in mind that just because you receive that email does not mean you are guaranteed an interview or acceptance. That is what they told me at first. I'm an AA male. Hopefully your EC's, letters, PS and secondary essays are strong if you end up applying.
I want to piggyback off what zurc2014 asks...I added the school too and am afraid since I am not up there with their stats. @Afropolitan
I made a mistake and submitted four LORs to Feinberg before I realized they ask to send no more than three letters. Should I contact the office about this? Thanks!
Yeah I'd call them the lady I talked to on the phone was super nice so I doubt it's a problemI made a mistake and submitted four LORs to Feinberg before I realized they ask to send no more than three letters. Should I contact the office about this? Thanks!
I had a letter packet, with five total LORs, so not sure how that will all be sorted? Should I call the admissions office?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a letter packet, with five total LORs, so not sure how that will all be sorted? Should I call the admissions office?
I just talked to the admissions office about this matter and the lady I spoke with said they will receive all of the letters sent, but that there was nothing to worry about!
If you don't mind sharing, what dates/days of the week were given?
I had about 5 options. Tuesday or Wednesday that week. And monday friday the week after. So I'm assuming they interview every weekday?
so interviews happen immediately once you get the invite? :O Congrats btw!! 🙂I had about 5 options. Tuesday or Wednesday that week. And monday friday the week after. So I'm assuming they interview every weekday?
so interviews happen immediately once you get the invite? :O Congrats btw!! 🙂
To clarify, the dates given were like a month and a half in the future from when I got the invite. Thanks!!!!
II! Complete on 8/9, give or take a day.
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
+1! Complete end of July, LizzyM: 76
Does anyone know what the structure of interviews are? It says "panel and individual interviews" but not quite sure what that means.
It's 2 standard 30 minute interviews with an admissions person and a faculty member, and then another 30 minute interview with you and 1 other interviewee conducted by a student. There's also a 30 minute break scheduled somewhere in there.
It's 2 standard 30 minute interviews with an admissions person and a faculty member, and then another 30 minute interview with you and 1 other interviewee conducted by a student. There's also a 30 minute break scheduled somewhere in there.
I thought it was one standard individual interview and a long group interview with 2 other people?
7
787593
Sweet!II just now!!
I thought it was one standard individual interview and a long group interview with 2 other people?
Yeah I did too until I got there
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys get an email confirmation of your interview date after scheduling it? Most of my other schools have done that but I got nothing from Feinberg.
If I remember correctly, I got one about 48 hours after scheduling from one of the administrative staff.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So does this gap year options email mean I'm not getting in
So does this gap year options email mean I'm not getting in
Haha I just got that too. Who is in charge of sending these e-mails.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So does this gap year options email mean I'm not getting in
I got that too :/
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K