-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Northwestern University (Feinberg) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
To all those who have interviewed recently. Check your portals. Is this real life?
This can't be real life!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
720606
To all those who have interviewed recently. Check your portals. Is this real life?
what happened?
My portal: "Congratulations on your acceptance to the Feinberg School of Medicine. Welcome to the entering class of 2017! ..."
!!!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
Edit: interviewed 10/7
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
!!!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
Edit: interviewed 10/7
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
7
720606
Thanks for interviewing, basically. Then again, I just interviewed this weekend, so....
7
720606
When did you guys interview?
I interviewed on the first possible day. so 9/15
I also interviewed 9/15 and my portal is blank RIP me 4ever.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
7
720606
Anyone hear about merit scholarships yet?
Nothing on the portal. No email/call yet.Anyone hear about merit scholarships yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys accept the offer of admission or are you all waiting for an e-mail or call?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I accepted it so they cant take it away.Did you guys accept the offer of admission or are you all waiting for an e-mail or call?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did anyone who's portal was updated get an email? My portal looks exactly the same
7
720606
I accepted it so they cant take it away.

I accepted it so they cant take it away.
I just died of laughter [emoji23][emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Seeing people without the change in portal (unfortunate for them, and I'm sorry) makes me believe that this is more likely real acceptance. So I think you should accept them.
The acceptance is not binding right?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did anyone who's portal was updated get an email? My portal looks exactly the same
No we didn't get an e-mail. That is what the confusion is right now. Maybe there is some lag or delay.
It's not binding. Also you can accept multiple offers until Apr 30th when you have to drop everything but one. Even then, it's not binding.
It's not binding. Also you can accept multiple offers until Apr 30th when you have to drop everything but one. Even then, it's not binding.
Alright thanks for the information! I am super excited.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got an email after I accepted the offer:
This message is to confirm that we have received your response accepting our offer of admission to the Feinberg School of Medicine.
Once again, congratulations and welcome.
+1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
But I noticed the email was signed by Dr. Wallace who was the admissions dean last year. It's Dr. Kundu who is the dean for this year...
On the website, it still says Dr. Wallace and all the other correspondence on the portal was signed by Dr. Wallace.
Accepted via portal! Wonder how long that has been there lol, I was starting to get impatient waiting for an email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG!!! Accepted!!!
I wish they'd send an email! Does anyone know if this is just how they do it, or was it a mistake that some of us found out today?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I wish they'd send an email! Does anyone know if this is just how they do it, or was it a mistake that some of us found out today?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same!
According to previous threads, they sent out an e-mail, but who knows if they changed how they are doing it this year. Has anyone e-mail them and received a response?
Congrats! When did you interview??Accepted via portal! Wonder how long that has been there lol, I was starting to get impatient waiting for an email
Congrats to you too! When did you interview?OMG!!! Accepted!!!
Congrats! When did you interview??
Thanks!! 9/16, which I believe was one of the first (if not the very first) interview days
via email? Or am i missing something on the status update screen?
via emailvia email? Or am i missing something on the status update screen?
Does anyone who's accepted know what to expect from this point?
Congrats to you too! When did you interview?
Mid September.
Also accepted here last Thursday, but confused as to why no direct notification was made other than a portal change.
Also accepted here last Thursday, but confused as to why no direct notification was made other than a portal change.
Congrats! I called them up and they said people who received a portal update were accepted and that they have sent official acceptance letters in the mail with instructions on next steps.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I caved and emailed. Portal acceptances are real. Acceptance letters via snail mail this week! [emoji16]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone who interviewed on or later than 9/23 see any changes in their portal (acceptance or deferral)? Dying to know
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed on or later than 9/23 see any changes in their portal (acceptance or deferral)? Dying to know
Accepted: Interviewed on 10/7
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Good to know! Anyone get deferred yet here?
just got an acceptance email! it said "congratulations again on your acceptance".. a bit confused, but very happy! good luck to all
When do we hear about merit scholarships if ever?
x
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K