2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm praying being an undergrad and in-stater means we get later IIs. Just hoping that an update is enough to push me into the green!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I saw last year that there were plenty of interviews given out in January, February and even March.. Last interview day was March 28th last year
nice! maybe makes sense then why they send so few iis out at a time. their season seems longer than most

Did they accept anyone last night? Or does anyone know the next date they will?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they accept anyone last night? Or does anyone know the next date they will?
The last acceptances sent out were I think last Thursday instead of last night. At least that was the last reported and it makes sense with Christmas and all.

This school is so cute. I just got a holiday card from them in the mail that all the admissions staff personally signed.

Reactions: 2 users
This school is so cute. I just got a holiday card from them in the mail that all the admissions staff personally signed.
+1, I was shocked that it was actually signed. So cute!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
+1, I was shocked that it was actually signed. So cute!

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
+2. They really seem to make an effort to reach out and make things personal. It's so appreciated!

Okay everyone personal opinions. I am not a strong applicant LizzyM~70. Have tons of extra curriculars, leadership and some publications and what not just like everybody else here but the fact my stats are not good, But I want in this med school. Do you all think a intent letter pre-interview is a good idea?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a forum thread, Facebook page, and/or other resource to connect with other accepted students that plan on attending the OSUCOM. I need t

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a forum thread, Facebook page, and/or other resource to connect with other accepted students that plan on attending the OSUCOM. I need t

A facebook group is made for the incoming class by student council, typically after winter break. An email is sent out to accepted students.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who were offered an interview, how did you study the OSU program? I'm interviewing on January 11th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a little late to the party. I interviewed 12/5 and was accepted 12/15. From speaking to the students, the interview season is very long and a deferral isn't necessarily bad. Hang in and Happy New Year!!

II over the weekend!! So excited! OOS and OSU alumna

Can someone tell me how you can send updates to this school? Is it through the vitals page?

II this morning ! I've been complete since july so I am super surprised

But now I'm really confused, because when I try to log into vital, the action section is blank and there is nothing indicating that I got an II

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
If anyone else just got an II, I just called admissions and they said that there's an error in vitals that they're working on and we should be able to see the dates etc soon

Anyone know when the next acceptances will be sent out?

Can anyone tell me what the interview day is like? I looked through some earlier posts and didn't find much

Can anyone tell me what the interview day is like? I looked through some earlier posts and didn't find much

Sure. They take you to a conference room (which will be your home base for the day) and give you a series of presentations about the school and the curriculum and you get a chance to ask some questions. Then they bring in a bunch of current students for you to eat lunch and chat with before breaking down into two groups for a tour. After the tour, you go back to the conference room where they give you some water and mints and you have a few minutes to compose yourself before the interviews. The interviewers come to pick you up from the conference room one at a time and then drop you off there again afterwards. There are two interviews and you are free to leave after the second one. The interviews are very relaxed and conversational. Basically every single person you meet will be extremely kind and welcoming, so there really isn't any stress at all. Two thumbs up.

Anybody here get an acceptance off of the deferred list yet?

For those accepted, do we have to pay the fee before May 1st? The email seems to suggest not, but I know from my experience with other schools that the fees are required to hold your spot..

When does this school give II until? Do they interview IS people first? I am OOS

Sure. They take you to a conference room (which will be your home base for the day) and give you a series of presentations about the school and the curriculum and you get a chance to ask some questions. Then they bring in a bunch of current students for you to eat lunch and chat with before breaking down into two groups for a tour. After the tour, you go back to the conference room where they give you some water and mints and you have a few minutes to compose yourself before the interviews. The interviewers come to pick you up from the conference room one at a time and then drop you off there again afterwards. There are two interviews and you are free to leave after the second one. The interviews are very relaxed and conversational. Basically every single person you meet will be extremely kind and welcoming, so there really isn't any stress at all. Two thumbs up.

Thanks for all the info ! Im super excited now !

When does this school give II until? Do they interview IS people first? I am OOS

There is a mix of in and out of state at every interview day. There's really no reason for anyone to give up hope solely based on their residency status.

We interview until March, so IIs will continue to go out for weeks to come.

Reactions: 5 users
There is a mix of in and out of state at every interview day. There's really no reason for anyone to give up hope solely based on their residency status.

We interview until March, so IIs will continue to go out for weeks to come.

Thank you for this info!!

what is the best way to send an update to this school?

Has there been an interview date yet in 2017? If so, does anyone know when the next decision date is?

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using SDN mobile

For those accepted, do we have to pay the fee before May 1st? The email seems to suggest not, but I know from my experience with other schools that the fees are required to hold your spot..

Did you figure out the answer to this? I was wondering the same thing... is the deposit binding?

Can anyone shed light on where the school is in its process? I.e. Those of you who were recently accepted. When we're your secondaries sent in?

Received an II this morning! LizzyM score ~72, OOS, completed 8/1. Second time going to Ohio from the east coast this cycle.. my wallet isn't gonna be happy, but the rest of me is grateful!

Reactions: 4 users
Received an II this morning! LizzyM score ~72, OOS, completed 8/1. Second time going to Ohio from the east coast this cycle.. my wallet isn't gonna be happy, but the rest of me is grateful!
Better than the west.

Did you figure out the answer to this? I was wondering the same thing... is the deposit binding?

It is not binding, and it is refundable, per AAMC traffic rules. The minimum amount of time allowed for you to respond is two weeks, but when I was accepted several years ago our deadline to pay the fee was May 15th (at the time, that was the last day to hold multiple acceptances).

I imagine the deadline is still the last day for which you can hold multiple acceptances, which would be April 30th, but you should check your acceptance emails, which should provide that information.

"Each school's pre-enrollment deposit should not exceed $100 and (except for EDP applicants,) be refundable until April 30. If the applicant enrolls at the school, the school should credit the deposit toward tuition. Schools should not require additional deposits or matriculation fees prior to matriculation."