You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
nice! maybe makes sense then why they send so few iis out at a time. their season seems longer than mostI saw last year that there were plenty of interviews given out in January, February and even March.. Last interview day was March 28th last year
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The last acceptances sent out were I think last Thursday instead of last night. At least that was the last reported and it makes sense with Christmas and all.Did they accept anyone last night? Or does anyone know the next date they will?
Just got an II... In state (from Columbus)... Looking to be the hometown hero!
Congrats. When were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1, I was shocked that it was actually signed. So cute!This school is so cute. I just got a holiday card from them in the mail that all the admissions staff personally signed.
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
+2. They really seem to make an effort to reach out and make things personal. It's so appreciated!
Okay everyone personal opinions. I am not a strong applicant LizzyM~70. Have tons of extra curriculars, leadership and some publications and what not just like everybody else here but the fact my stats are not good, But I want in this med school. Do you all think a intent letter pre-interview is a good idea?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know if there is a forum thread, Facebook page, and/or other resource to connect with other accepted students that plan on attending the OSUCOM. I need t
A facebook group is made for the incoming class by student council, typically after winter break. An email is sent out to accepted students.
For those of you who were offered an interview, how did you study the OSU program? I'm interviewing on January 11th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! May I ask when you were complete?II over the weekend!! So excited! OOS and OSU alumna
Thanks! I don't remember the exact date but I think early July... whenever the secondary was first sent out!Congrats!!! May I ask when you were complete?
I directly emailed mine to the admissions email!Can someone tell me how you can send updates to this school? Is it through the vitals page?
I directly emailed mine to the admissions email!
Thank you!
Last edited:
What is that email address?
Come on dude, it's not that hard to find the admissions email address...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
II this morning ! I've been complete since july so I am super surprised
But now I'm really confused, because when I try to log into vital, the action section is blank and there is nothing indicating that I got an II
But now I'm really confused, because when I try to log into vital, the action section is blank and there is nothing indicating that I got an II
Last edited:
If anyone else just got an II, I just called admissions and they said that there's an error in vitals that they're working on and we should be able to see the dates etc soon
Can anyone tell me what the interview day is like? I looked through some earlier posts and didn't find much
Can anyone tell me what the interview day is like? I looked through some earlier posts and didn't find much
Sure. They take you to a conference room (which will be your home base for the day) and give you a series of presentations about the school and the curriculum and you get a chance to ask some questions. Then they bring in a bunch of current students for you to eat lunch and chat with before breaking down into two groups for a tour. After the tour, you go back to the conference room where they give you some water and mints and you have a few minutes to compose yourself before the interviews. The interviewers come to pick you up from the conference room one at a time and then drop you off there again afterwards. There are two interviews and you are free to leave after the second one. The interviews are very relaxed and conversational. Basically every single person you meet will be extremely kind and welcoming, so there really isn't any stress at all. Two thumbs up.
Anybody here get an acceptance off of the deferred list yet?
Any other ISers still praying for an II?
Any other ISers still praying for an II?
Retweet favorite like.
I think we are running outta luck. :/
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I think so too.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think so too. This one stings a bit to be honest.
Agreed for sure
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Any other ISers still praying for an II?
Yup. I hope there's a "surge" in next week or so, otherwise GG
When does this school give II until? Do they interview IS people first? I am OOS
I'm hurt by the lack of love from OSU 🙁🙁Yup. I hope there's a "surge" in next week or so, otherwise GG
Sure. They take you to a conference room (which will be your home base for the day) and give you a series of presentations about the school and the curriculum and you get a chance to ask some questions. Then they bring in a bunch of current students for you to eat lunch and chat with before breaking down into two groups for a tour. After the tour, you go back to the conference room where they give you some water and mints and you have a few minutes to compose yourself before the interviews. The interviewers come to pick you up from the conference room one at a time and then drop you off there again afterwards. There are two interviews and you are free to leave after the second one. The interviews are very relaxed and conversational. Basically every single person you meet will be extremely kind and welcoming, so there really isn't any stress at all. Two thumbs up.
Thanks for all the info ! Im super excited now !
When does this school give II until? Do they interview IS people first? I am OOS
There is a mix of in and out of state at every interview day. There's really no reason for anyone to give up hope solely based on their residency status.
We interview until March, so IIs will continue to go out for weeks to come.
There is a mix of in and out of state at every interview day. There's really no reason for anyone to give up hope solely based on their residency status.
We interview until March, so IIs will continue to go out for weeks to come.
Thank you for this info!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
what is the best way to send an update to this school?
what is the best way to send an update to this school?
I read through the thread and others were saying email so I just sent them an email to [email protected].
Has there been an interview date yet in 2017? If so, does anyone know when the next decision date is?
Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using SDN mobile
Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using SDN mobile
+1Has there been an interview date yet in 2017? If so, does anyone know when the next decision date is?
Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using SDN mobile
There was an interview date on the 9th, and they said we would hear back on the 24th. Not sure if there were any others, sorry.
I read through the thread and others were saying email so I just sent them an email to [email protected].
FYI @CavsFan2016 - I just got a confirmation email that they received it. Sorry the Blazers got the better of you guys last night 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those accepted, do we have to pay the fee before May 1st? The email seems to suggest not, but I know from my experience with other schools that the fees are required to hold your spot..
Did you figure out the answer to this? I was wondering the same thing... is the deposit binding?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Better than the west.Received an II this morning! LizzyM score ~72, OOS, completed 8/1. Second time going to Ohio from the east coast this cycle.. my wallet isn't gonna be happy, but the rest of me is grateful!
Did you figure out the answer to this? I was wondering the same thing... is the deposit binding?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It is not binding, and it is refundable, per AAMC traffic rules. The minimum amount of time allowed for you to respond is two weeks, but when I was accepted several years ago our deadline to pay the fee was May 15th (at the time, that was the last day to hold multiple acceptances).
I imagine the deadline is still the last day for which you can hold multiple acceptances, which would be April 30th, but you should check your acceptance emails, which should provide that information.
"Each school's pre-enrollment deposit should not exceed $100 and (except for EDP applicants,) be refundable until April 30. If the applicant enrolls at the school, the school should credit the deposit toward tuition. Schools should not require additional deposits or matriculation fees prior to matriculation."