2016-2017 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well that's true, but schools have varying policies on which MCAT they consider for evaluation/admission (most recent, one-time best composite, etc)
Yeah, I think you get what I mean though it's like a lawyer saying something in court and the judge says to strike it from the record and the jury should disregard the lawyers comment. The lawyer does this because even if officially they can't use it in evaluation the information is already out there and can influence them. Similar thing with schools who look at the newest MCAT. They do that officially but are still influenced by the old ones. To answer your question directly , I don't know if they look at the newest MCAT I would call and ask. This school has one of the Friendliest admissions staff over the phone I came across.
 
I interviewed here a few weeks ago. Is it too late to send in a thank you letter? If not, is email acceptable?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if the admissions committee plans on releasing decisions on exactly october 15th? or because its a saturday, will they be doing it on the 17th?
Prob Monday, the 17th, because that's what the AAMC guideline says (if the 15th falls on the weekend, decisions go out in the following Monday).
But, I am probably gonna check my portal on Saturday anyway.
 
Prob Monday, the 17th, because that's what the AAMC guideline says (if the 15th falls on the weekend, decisions go out in the following Monday).
But, I am probably gonna check my portal on Saturday anyway.
When did you interview here?! iI'm guessing acceptances will be sent out to students who interviewed at the beginning of September first?!
 
Has anyone here been complete WITHOUT getting a complete email? I just checked my portal to see a green check mark next to Application Complete but never received email confirmation.

Me!! I never received a complete e-mail. For a long time I thought they felt like my letters somehow were not meeting their requirements. I had not checked in weeks but I completed the secondary on 8/8 and I discovered the green check by application complete on 10/13.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad