-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
First wave of II should be in late September- early October, except for the early decision applicants.Any II yet?
First wave of II should be in late September- early October, except for the early decision applicants.
We will be interviewing much earlier than late September.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Deleted
Edit: I did not realize that you are a student at Rosalind.
Edit: I did not realize that you are a student at Rosalind.
Last edited:
What do you mean? What should we look for specifically in our third and fourth years as we do our rotations? Locations, status of hospitals, trauma levels?
All of that. What I'm trying to say is that the third and fourth years, in my opinion, are far more important than the first and second years of medical school, and many applicants get bogged down asking questions about pre-clinical curricula despite the fact that it doesn't really determine much. So focus on third and fourth year opportunities as much as possible as you make your decisions.
hi guys, is there a way to check on the application status ?
No, I don't believe so.
Dont think so seeing as theres no portal or anything.hi guys, is there a way to check on the application status ?
submitted 7/23 and still no complete email
If it makes you feel better, I submitted 7/11 and didn't get a complete email until 8/9. So it takes a while.submitted 7/23 and still no complete email
submitted 7/23 and still no complete email
I submitted 7/14 and just got it on 8/12. Don't worry, it's coming.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
submitted 7/23 and still no complete email
7/16 here, still nothing.
D
deleted751373
7/16 here, still nothing.
Lol they fake us out with a app completed email when we didn't even submit, but now when we actually submitted we get nothing. LOL #HowToMessWithPreMeds
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
still waiting on a response from this school as well. Seems like a good chunk of the schools I applied to aren't sending IIs out until sept!
Edit: just kidding asked a dumb Q
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just got this email and had a mini heart attack:
Dear Applicant:
Thank you again for applying to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University(RFUMS). This is a courtesy message notifying you of your current status in the application process. Your application is complete and is currently under consideration by the Admissions Committee at this time. This is a very busy time of year for the Office of Admissions and Enrollment so we ask for your continued patience throughout the process at it can typically take another 4-6 weeks before any decisions regarding interviews will be made.
The Chicago Medical School at RFUMS typically conducts interviews between September through April with all invitations for interviews being sent out via email. Additionally, we do not accept updates to your file unless for the following reasons: Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge.
Dear Applicant:
Thank you again for applying to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University(RFUMS). This is a courtesy message notifying you of your current status in the application process. Your application is complete and is currently under consideration by the Admissions Committee at this time. This is a very busy time of year for the Office of Admissions and Enrollment so we ask for your continued patience throughout the process at it can typically take another 4-6 weeks before any decisions regarding interviews will be made.
The Chicago Medical School at RFUMS typically conducts interviews between September through April with all invitations for interviews being sent out via email. Additionally, we do not accept updates to your file unless for the following reasons: Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge.
Darn! All the buzzing on this thread made me think IIs started. [emoji29]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So I just got this email and had a mini heart attack:
Dear Applicant:
Thank you again for applying to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University(RFUMS). This is a courtesy message notifying you of your current status in the application process. Your application is complete and is currently under consideration by the Admissions Committee at this time. This is a very busy time of year for the Office of Admissions and Enrollment so we ask for your continued patience throughout the process at it can typically take another 4-6 weeks before any decisions regarding interviews will be made.
The Chicago Medical School at RFUMS typically conducts interviews between September through April with all invitations for interviews being sent out via email. Additionally, we do not accept updates to your file unless for the following reasons: Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge.
+1
Thanks for the update I guess
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Submitted secondary on 7/23. So far I've received 4 emails:
- Supplemental app invite (early-mid July)
- "Our committee will begin screening all the materials submitted and will be in touch with a status for the next step in the process within the next 2 weeks." (mid-late July)
- "We have received your Chicago Medical School Supplemental Application. We will be processing your supplemental application and you can expect another email from us when your application is complete and sent into screening." (mid-late July)
- "Your application is currently complete and under review with the Admissions Committee. Due to the large number of applications we receive, please allow 8-10 weeks for us to send you an email update regarding the status of your application." (mid-August)
Last edited:
My dyslexic brain read it as "Your application is complete and is no longer under consideration by the Admissions Committee..."
Probably, but I think it is a superficial screening (i.e like you mentioned, benchmarks for cutoffs) otherwise we would have seen a wave of rejections posted on here.Anyone know what the preliminary screening part entails? Do they employ some sort of cutoff to weed out applicants?
Last edited:
Also got the update email this morning.
Just received a "Preliminary Screening Complete" Email, and that I'm currently under review. Anyone else get this / can translate what this means? 🙂
EDIT: y'all beat me to it! Looks like a few of us did 🙂
+1
so i submitted the secondary 7/23 and still have not received a complete email. should i call the office?
+1 wondering the same thing as wellso i submitted the secondary 7/23 and still have not received a complete email. should i call the office?
so i submitted the secondary 7/23 and still have not received a complete email. should i call the office?
I wouldn't worry about it. They get pretty swamped as more applications come in.
I submitted mine 7/24 I called last week and they said they're behind and to check in about a week..its been a week. Let us know if you end up calling!so i submitted the secondary 7/23 and still have not received a complete email. should i call the office?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i submitted the secondary 7/23 and still have not received a complete email. should i call the office?
I turned my secondary in on 7/21 and received the complete email on 8/24. Your email is probably on its way very soon.
Can anyone elaborate on the "Preliminary Screening"? I assume it's post-secondary
I emailed admissions to query about this - they indicated that it was merely a "courtesy email" and that we are still under review. Not sure if they did some sort of cutting or not.
Hey all, I submitted my secondary on July 16th, and received the "2-week" email on July 22nd, but I haven't received the complete email yet. Should I call/email the office?
Since it seems to take about a month to become complete I would say give them a call half way through this week
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I submitted that same week, called yesterday and the person I talked to gave me what seemed like a pre-written speech about how swamped they are and that they appreciate everyone's patience. Didn't give me any info about my app, if you call let us know if you get a different responseHey all, I submitted my secondary on July 16th, and received the "2-week" email on July 22nd, but I haven't received the complete email yet. Should I call/email the office?
Hey all, I submitted my secondary on July 16th, and received the "2-week" email on July 22nd, but I haven't received the complete email yet. Should I call/email the office?
+1 I submitted on the 16th and haven't heard anything yet
+1 submitted around the same dateI submitted on 7/22 and received the e-mail where they said they'd get back to me within 2 weeks, and I still have no e-mail from them as well.
+1 submitted around the same date
Weird I submitted 8/6 and have received 2/3 emails so far. It takes about a month to be complete though so not expecting that last email for another few weeks
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Submitted 7/24 and still no complete email either. I think RFUMS receives more applications than many other medical schools.I submitted on 7/22 and received the e-mail where they said they'd get back to me within 2 weeks, and I still have no e-mail from them as well.
submitted 7/22 dont think I ever got a complete email as well
Me neither, submitted 8/22submitted 7/22 dont think I ever got a complete email as well
But I wrote the wrong initials on my signature by accident. I wrote MD instead of SD since my legal name was MD until this past June. Sent them an e-mail with no response.
Am I screwed?
II!!!!
Congrats!! When were you complete?II!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Stats?II!!!!
Received first completion email 8/8. Update email 8/25. <70 LM
When did you submit your app? And what's this update email?Received first completion email 8/8. Update email 8/25. <70 LM
When did you submit your app? And what's this update email?
If you check earlier in the thread, applicants received a "Preliminary Screening Complete" Email - which they indicated to me was just a courtesy email that review is still in process.
Thank you for your continued interest in the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS).
Your application is currently complete and under review with the Admissions Committee. Due to the large number of applications we receive, please allow 8-10 weeks for us to send you an email update regarding the status of your application. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Please note, we cannot accept any additional information or materials for your file beyond our application requirements, unless it concerns Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge.
Admissions counselors are unable to provide you any further updates by phone or email regarding your status other than that you are currently in primary screening.
IS this update?
Your application is currently complete and under review with the Admissions Committee. Due to the large number of applications we receive, please allow 8-10 weeks for us to send you an email update regarding the status of your application. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Please note, we cannot accept any additional information or materials for your file beyond our application requirements, unless it concerns Institutional Action, Felony, Misdemeanor or Military Discharge.
Admissions counselors are unable to provide you any further updates by phone or email regarding your status other than that you are currently in primary screening.
IS this update?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K