2016-2017 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe that just means that the people who interviewed in December won't necessarily hear back January 31. Is what I am thinking.
I interviewed in October

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed oct 31 and have that status
Yeah I interviewed October. But they probably just added it to everyone's through some sort of master control, instead of going to everyone individually who it applied to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says that too, don't remember what it said before. Interviewed back in september. I bet it says it on everyone's page.

Reactions: 1 user
How great would it be if decisions went out today... I keep hoping they go early this year.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm on a flight with wifi and can get this app to work but the portal just can't enough juice to work. You guys had me going crazy for a min.. but since it seems everyone has it, I'll calm down and wait until I land lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got an email tonight at 8 saying there was a status change to my app. Had a mini heart attack, checked, and saw absolutely nothing! It was great. I love it. Lets do it again sometime Pitt.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email tonight at 8 saying there was a status change to my app. Had a mini heart attack, checked, and saw absolutely nothing! It was great. I love it. Lets do it again sometime Pitt.

Hmmm did your font change though?

Weird last year I heard it thru the grapevine before I got the email lol

***AHHHHHH**** You guys just made me do a back flip and all in checking my portal LOL. Love you all - let us be strong for Tuesday *hugs*

Reactions: 7 users
I didn't get an email and now I'm having a heart attack.

SDN is a drug that I need to quit for my own sanity.

Honestly this is the second time I've looked at my portal and I at all would never have thought about studying the font so I can't tell you.

I'm pretty sure the font comment was a joke lol

2 (but likely just 1 based on the last few years) MORE DAYS AHHHH!!!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Well guys, if the trend continues and decisions are released early today, may the odds be ever in your favor! Best of luck to you all!!!

Reading last year's thread was a mistake, cause now I'm gonna be checking my portal every 5 minutes, praying for that red text thing to show up

Reactions: 2 users
Reading last year's thread was a mistake, cause now I'm gonna be checking my portal every 5 minutes, praying for that red text thing to show up

I think people would have mentioned before if they had red text. Also Pitt probably realized after last year and scrapped that.

Is the status change email the new red text?!?!?!?!? I hope not

Ugh, it's gonna be a long day.....:dead:

Reactions: 1 users
Have only some people gotten the email? My status says allow for up to 8 weeks or whatever. Do others say different?

I think one or two people reported getting a status change email a couple of days ago but when they logged into their portal nothing had changed

I want this one so much. Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
The whole status change email thing is driving me crazy. Never got one either -_-

For those who have already stalked the previous year's threads, around what time did people notice decisions in the portal?

For those who have already stalked the previous year's threads, around what time did people notice decisions in the portal?

I've never been able to see times on posts, but I remember one mentioning it being later, like after 230.

I've never been able to see times on posts, but I remember one mentioning it being later, like after 230.

Oh cool. Good to know. Thank you!

I have the day off... this is going to be rough.

Looks like last year it was around 5 pm, and two years ago around 2:30

Reactions: 2 users

Not sure if it works on mobile, but on a computer you can hover your mouse over the post date and it will show you the time!

Reactions: 4 users
The first instances of "Red Text" in the portal seem to have shown up around 11-11:30 ET last year under the "Status" tab.

I really need something better to do today.

I'm in class so I can't check, but what is this Red Text haha

I'm in class so I can't check, but what is this Red Text haha
People who had red text in the status tab were ultimately accepted. I doubt that they'll do this again this year. Seems like it was a mistake.

Last year, the 31st fell on a weekend which is why it seems the released decisions earlier. This year 31st (obviously) does not fall on the weekend. Is there a possibility we will not hear anything today? I'm slowly dying waiting and I hope its today!

Last year, the 31st fell on a weekend which is why it seems the released decisions earlier. This year 31st (obviously) does not fall on the weekend. Is there a possibility we will not hear anything today? I'm slowly dying waiting and I hope its today!

Oh geez. You just ruined my day with your logic.

J/k lol I do feel a bit deflated though haha

Last year it wasn't supposed to come out on 1/31. It was supposed to come out on 1/30 which was a Saturday. As such, the admissions committee was to release them on 1/29. However, they came out on 1/28...one day early. Today is the day

Reactions: 9 users