2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone help explain to me the future course of action following acceptance? I received my acceptance phone call recently and would like to know what come next.
They will send you confirmation emails and a letter packet in the mail with all the information you need for what's next. That includes the $2000 non-refundable deposit and the deadline to pay it, then comes the matriculation documents, the immunizations, the blood titers and tests, the drug screening, etc...

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone help explain to me the future course of action following acceptance? I received my acceptance phone call recently and would like to know what come next.
You will get 3 emails and an acceptance letter. One email is your arcom login, another is about a couple of forms and the 3rd is about your deposit. I got the first email a week after my phone call and the last two emails 3 days later, so you might not get them all at once.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed - 11/28
Waitlisted the next week.
Accepted on 12/21.
I will be declining my acceptance as I have already placed my deposit at another school.
Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed - 11/28
Waitlisted the next week.
Accepted on 12/21.
I will be declining my acceptance as I have already placed my deposit at another school.
Good luck to everyone waiting!!
I’ve been on the waitlist since early November, so I’m dying to get my acceptance phone call! Hopefully I do at some point I just wish I knew where I was on the list!!

Would a first year be able to show me the campus this weekend? I'm going to explore Fort Smith this weekend and would love to come for a second look.

When is the deadline for paying the deposit and is it a one time payment or is it $500 then $1500?

When is the deadline for paying the deposit and is it a one time payment or is it $500 then $1500?
Deadlines depend on when accepted. At this point it's usually 30 days after acceptance

Should be 30 days after the date on your letter. If you Google "aacomas traffic guidelines" You will see the allotted time for the period you were accepted.

Has anybody that got accepted right before Christmas break received their acceptance emails yet?

Has anybody that got accepted right before Christmas break received their acceptance emails yet?

Nope! I got my call Dec 12 and a generic letter not long after, but no details for anything yet. I called admissions and she said the deposit would be due a month after the date of the letter so that’ll be due two weeks from now, so I’m anxiously awaiting the details!

Nope! I got my call Dec 12 and a generic letter not long after, but no details for anything yet. I called admissions and she said the deposit would be due a month after the date of the letter so that’ll be due two weeks from now, so I’m anxiously awaiting the details!
Thank you!!! Same thing here, but I got my call on Dec. 21.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!!! Same thing here, but I got my call on Dec. 21.

If you think of it, let me know when you get an email, I’m really hoping I get one this week as my deposit is due soon.

Accepted! Already put down a hefty deposit at another school. Still conflicted but I have 30 days to decide it seems

OOS II submitted in December. That was a fast turnaround!

Does anyone know when the school opens back up?

I have an interview coming up in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers/advice regarding the types of questions adcoms might ask me. I am an OOS resident and I'm totally dreading the why Arkansas question because I've never been to the state. This is my first interview and I don't want to blow it. Any advice will help me a great deal. Thanks in advance!!

I have an interview coming up in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers/advice regarding the types of questions adcoms might ask me. I am an OOS resident and I'm totally dreading the why Arkansas question because I've never been to the state. This is my first interview and I don't want to blow it. Any advice will help me a great deal. Thanks in advance!!
I doubt you will get a why Arkansas question. More like why ARCOM. They are focused on increasing the amount of doctors in the region, not just Arkansas. It is pretty laid back with basic questions like why you want to be a doctor, what motivates you, how you deal with stress. They want to see that you are a genuine person that has what it takes to make it through.

I doubt you will get a why Arkansas question. More like why ARCOM. They are focused on increasing the amount of doctors in the region, not just Arkansas. It is pretty laid back with basic questions like why you want to be a doctor, what motivates you, how you deal with stress. They want to see that you are a genuine person that has what it takes to make it through.

Thank you so much!!

The interviews here are very laid back. Just be yourself!

Alright just dropped that big fat deposit, and submitted the signed documents. Looks like I'm completely committed to ARCOM now. See you guys in July

Reactions: 8 users
Since people are already wait listed, does that mean every seat was given away already? Basically does anyone who will interview in the coming weeks be automatically waitlisted/rejected?

Since people are already wait listed, does that mean every seat was given away already? Basically does anyone who will interview in the coming weeks be automatically waitlisted/rejected?
I don't know if having a waitlist means that they don't have any more seats available for the moment, but what I know is there is a lot of movement from the waitlist as people that were previously accepted withdraw their acceptances to go to other schools, adcom starts pulling people from the waitlist. Me personally, I was waitlisted early December and was accepted before Christmas. So if you get waitlisted, there's still hope.

Some places it's that way, I don't think ARCOM is that way

II ! just few minutes ago, my very first one! OOS very excited, time to go suit shopping. I don't think I will delay this interview much cuz of how late it is getting.
Completed on 9/8/17 My God Reigns!

Reactions: 8 users
I just got a secondary request after being complete since August. Are they not getting many applications or what’s the deal cause I find it weird to be getting one so late in the cycle and I can’t imagine it’s for a spot in the class but for a WL spot if it results in an II

anyone else got an interview for Jan 16?

Hey guys! Im interviewing on Jan 12th! Anyone else interviewing on the 12th?
Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for this school's interview? What are they looking for? What kinds of questions do they ask?
Also is it true that there is a writing prompt we will have to complete during the interview?
Thank you!!

Hey guys! Im interviewing on Jan 12th! Anyone else interviewing on the 12th?
Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for this school's interview? What are they looking for? What kinds of questions do they ask?
Also is it true that there is a writing prompt we will have to complete during the interview?
Thank you!!

Literally all these questions have been answered previously in this thread man. Lol

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone accepted without a DO letter? having a hard time to find one to shadow
They state very explicitly on interview day without a DO letter your app will be on hold till you get it

does anyone know the turnover rate from getting a secondary here to getting an II

If I've been waitlisted here since October, should I send a letter of intent right now? This is my number one choice but I don't want to send a letter if it's super early in the cycle still.

does anyone know the turnover rate from getting a secondary here to getting an II
If you get the secondary you are very likely to get an interview unless there is something is really off about your secondary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

Anyone accepted without a DO letter? having a hard time to find one to shadow
Get in touch with admissions if you’re still having trouble with this. They have people and resources to help you with this.

I was just wondering if there were an accepted student day here like other schools do, anyone knows?

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Ok thanks! Can I just show up though? Or do I need to RSVP?

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
They haven't sent anything out about it yet. I just know someone there who signed up to work the event. So idk if they will have an rsvp or not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile