2017-2018 Des Moines University (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tried to access pulse again today and it gave me a different error saying: “you are currently signed in as jetsons/(username). Anyone else get this?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its either going to be a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 interview, its not stressful at all. No tricky questions in mine, just questions about my app and getting to know me. Best of luck!

My interview was not conversational at all! It was very clear they had a list of questions they were prepared to ask (i.e. cultural competence, ethical dilemmas, etc.). I know some people had laid back interviews, but definitely be prepared for the possibility of getting a tough interviewer!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how to start the background check/drug screen? I read that it has to be from a DMU preferred vendor but couldn’t find any additional information about it. Tried looking on pulse for info but couldn’t find anything there either. Anyone know if DMU going to send me an email later with that info? Just trying to be proactive about this!

Anyone know how to start the background check/drug screen? I read that it has to be from a DMU preferred vendor but couldn’t find any additional information about it. Tried looking on pulse for info but couldn’t find anything there either. Anyone know if DMU going to send me an email later with that info? Just trying to be proactive about this!

Is there any scholarship opportunities listed on pulse?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got the Pre interview Hold today. Is this the Kiss of death, or still too early in the cycle?
i also got the hold email and would like some info about this. have you heard anything?

i also got the hold email and would like some info about this. have you heard anything?
Also got that hold email. I received the first pre II hold email in November and another one yesterday. Not sure if I should count my losses here or still keep a glimmer of hope. Was really hoping for an II here.

Anybody accepted on here wanting to rent a house instead of an apartment? Haven't really looked at prices just seeing if there are potential roommates
Hey have you looked at the pros/cons of renting a house over an apartment in the area? Price wise, location, etc. I was going to be looking into this as well.

Does anybody know if the campus is open at all on the weekends? I am trying to schedule a day to come and tour but might not be able to during the week

Does anybody know if the campus is open at all on the weekends? I am trying to schedule a day to come and tour but might not be able to during the week
There's always people in there...talk to admissions I'm sure they could help you figure out a plan

Hey have you looked at the pros/cons of renting a house over an apartment in the area? Price wise, location, etc. I was going to be looking into this as well.
If you guys look by Drake there won't be the nicest places but itll be like college prices all over again. You can get some pretty big apartments in Des Moines which is nice. 1,000 sq ft plus. At least when I compare it to Chicago prices for the same kind of place its a bargain

I've looked into it a little bit, but have not done any serious searching. I also like the idea of getting a loft downtown (e.g. Rumely Lofts) :shrug:. At this point I still don't know if I am going to DMU so I don't want to do too much research on housing and then go elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Deposit paid 2 days ago but haven't received pulse info yet

Joining the thread! Received a II on Wednesday. Complete October/Novembe-ish

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if DMU will give you interview feedback if you call and ask for it? I was waitlisted in October

What was the heading of the email for those accepted? Is it different than a WL/rejection? Trying to prepare myself! Lol

anyone know how often their admission committee meets? I'm past the 60 day mark and I don't know whether or not I should expect to hear from them anytime soon. I'm pre-II.

Open to students but closed to the public

anyone know how often their admission committee meets? I'm past the 60 day mark and I don't know whether or not I should expect to hear from them anytime soon. I'm pre-II.
I would wait it out a bit. I was around 65 days before they sent me an email.

I received an II earlier today, complete early Nov. Will be withdrawing in the morning, hoping one of you guys gets it :)

Interviewed here in early January and still no word. They said max 2 weeks so I’m wondering if anyone is in the same boat?

Did anyone else just appreciate the coffee and breakfast bar they sent? Maybe I am just new to this game but I thought it was hilarious and awesome. Not a deciding factor at all, just fun.

Did anyone else just appreciate the coffee and breakfast bar they sent? Maybe I am just new to this game but I thought it was hilarious and awesome. Not a deciding factor at all, just fun.
Whether or not they give you coffee at the interview is definitely a deciding factor.

Whether or not they give you coffee at the interview is definitely a deciding factor.
That's hilarious and also true. But in case you didn't know what I meant, I was referring to the Kcup style pod they sent after I got admitted haha

anyone else on hold since August?

I really enjoyed DMU's podiatry email after they rejected me pre-ii.

Reactions: 2 users
When were you complete? And how were you notified of a rejection?

I was complete sometime around early August and got a rejection email in November. I kind of half-assed the essay, not realizing that was the secondary, but still inexcusable since I shouldn't have half-assed it regardless. So, not totally surprised by the rejection, but I thought my above-average MCAT, good ECs, and proximity to the school might get me some love. Guess not. I wound up getting into my #1 DO school regardless (KCU), so it all worked out in the end.

I was complete sometime around early August and got a rejection email in November. I kind of half-assed the essay, not realizing that was the secondary, but still inexcusable since I shouldn't have half-assed it regardless. So, not totally surprised by the rejection, but I thought my above-average MCAT, good ECs, and proximity to the school might get me some love. Guess not. I wound up getting into my #1 DO school regardless (KCU), so it all worked out in the end.

Oh okay, gotcha. I also didn’t realize that the primary questions served as the secondary. But congrats on your acceptance! I’m interviewing at KCU at the end of the week! Mind if I PM you with some questions?

Oh okay, gotcha. I also didn’t realize that the primary questions served as the secondary. But congrats on your acceptance! I’m interviewing at KCU at the end of the week! Mind if I PM you with some questions?

Go for it

Anyone from the 01/11 or 01/12 interview date know when well approximately hear back?

Just got...a second hold email. Haha.

Any accepted students who’ve paid the first deposit and still haven’t received pulse? It’s been a few weeks since I paid and still no pulse info

Took me about a month and a half to get pulse access after paying the deposit.

Happened to me two weeks ago. I just assumed it was a glitch.

If I remember correctly from last years thread, they didn't start getting back to us on hold folks until February.
Okay that make sense haha. It was like 830pm Iowa time so I was so confused!

Okay that make sense haha. It was like 830pm Iowa time so I was so confused!

Went back and checked. February 3rd was the first "on-hold" interview invite and the last one was towards the tail of Feb.

If last year's thread is anything to go by, February is make or break for us.