2017-2018 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yup no secondary fee
Makes me seriously question the necessity of $130 secondary fees of some other schools....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Makes me seriously question the necessity of $130 secondary fees of some other schools....

Lol Tulane doesn't even waive the fee for FAP recipients unlike most schools. Pretty messed up tbh.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank God for Zell and s/o to UGA's FF, haven't paid a cent and I graduate in December. Got paid to go to college and a kickass scholarship to boot. GA ftw

Lol yeah, I'm basically funding this entire cycle on scholarship savings I have accrued over the last three years

Will MCG send you an email when your app is completed (secondary app, supplemental docs, and letters are all received)?
Also, my letter shows up today, but the date was 17th (same date as when it was uploaded to AMCAS).

Will MCG send you an email when your app is completed (secondary app, supplemental docs, and letters are all received)?
Also, my letter shows up today, but the date was 17th (same date as when it was uploaded to AMCAS).

I only received a confirmation email that my secondary was received. However, it does sound very much like a "completed" email

Does this school have streaming lectures for all lectures? Is there mandatory attendance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this school have streaming lectures for all lectures? Is there mandatory attendance?

There is only mandatory attendance for lab, and they do some group study/clinical practice days that are mandatory. All lectures are recorded. This is for the Augusta campus.

There is only mandatory attendance for lab, and they do some group study/clinical practice days that are mandatory. All lectures are recorded. This is for the Augusta campus.

Thanks! Are they audio and video recorded? Are they live streamed or available after a while?

Thanks! Are they audio and video recorded? Are they live streamed or available after a while?

I *think* it's audio and video. I don't recall if it's a live stream or not. I'm not a current student, I'm just remembering what they told us during the interview last year.

IIRC they're audio + video and archived. No streaming.

So excited about this program, MCG is an amazing school. If my last letter writer would just submit already! >:[

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if I have a shot here if I'm OOS, but lived in the state for a year and had a family member attend medical school here?
They literally don't accept people not from georgia

edit: oh lol nvm, i thought this was the mercer thread

Members don't see this ad :)
They literally don't accept people not from georgia

edit: oh lol nvm, i thought this was the mercer thread
I applied OOS and am curious if they are selective with who they send secondaries to with OOS applicants.

I applied OOS and am curious if they are selective with who they send secondaries to with OOS applicants.
I think everyone gets a secondary. I got mine already and my primary still hasn't been verified.

IIRC they're audio + video and archived. No streaming.

So excited about this program, MCG is an amazing school. If my last letter writer would just submit already! >:[

How quickly are they archived?

Has anyone figured out whether MCG gives a real "application complete, under review" type email? The last communication I received from them was an email that just stated secondary application received but nothing further.

Anyone else get an email asking about where they will be living for the next year, and their projected employment?

Anyone else get an email asking about where they will be living for the next year, and their projected employment?
I did not. I vaguely remember answering something like that within the secondary though I think.

Has anyone figured out whether MCG gives a real "application complete, under review" type email? The last communication I received from them was an email that just stated secondary application received but nothing further.
There is no follow-up email after the "Medical College of Georgia Secondary Application Received" email. That email means your application is complete and under review.

Hey, they said that Statistics is a required class for applying. Do y'all think AP Statistics will count?

Hey, they said that Statistics is a required class for applying. Do y'all think AP Statistics will count?
I don't see anything about statistics on the admissions site other than "Probably or Statistics Required June 2017 (May choose Biostatistics)". I would hate to assume they take AP, so I would call or send an email. Especially since they aren't taking AP Bio or AP Chem anymore.

It states "As long as your application is under consideration, you must submit your grades at the end of each academic quarter, semester or trimester showing any additional academic work attempted after you filed your application and official transcripts with AMCAS." Does anyone know where I am supposed to submit my additional grades? I just got my summer class results.

Wow, that is scary. You were complete by second week of July last year, which is incredibly early - around this time, same as this year, and yet you didn't get an interview invite until January. I thought since you were complete so early, you would have gotten an interview invite much earlier, like early Fall. I'm still working on my secondary (cutting it very close to the 2 week deadline), and my primary hasn't even been verified yet :nailbiting:
I don't think you'll be receiving an interview to be completely honest. I'm an MS3 here , let me know if you have any questions

I don't think you'll be receiving an interview to be completely honest. I'm an MS3 here , let me know if you have any questions
I'm prettt certain I've seen your application and I happen to sit on the committee.

What factors would make this candidate unlikely to receive an II?

It states "As long as your application is under consideration, you must submit your grades at the end of each academic quarter, semester or trimester showing any additional academic work attempted after you filed your application and official transcripts with AMCAS." Does anyone know where I am supposed to submit my additional grades? I just got my summer class results.

Would also like to know this

Would also like to know this
This is what it states in the "Document Upload" tab: There is a text box associated with the **APPLICATION UPDATE, please type a brief/specific, one to three word description for the contents of the update (i.e. Fall Grades, Spring Grades, Grade Report, Clinical Experiences, Activities, Article, Publication, etc.)

So upload a document with your grades into the category of "Application Update."

Any other EDPs here? It looks like they were sending out IIs last year this time to EDPs.

Anyone heard of any II's that went out yet for EDP or RD?

Anyone heard of any II's that went out yet for EDP or RD?
I haven't had an invite yet, but I bet they'll do EDP before RD. Would the MS3 who sits on the committee care to provide where the committee is on sending out invites?

Ok hello, i just got my summer grades back, and i know MCOG wants us to send updates, but how exactly do i do this on the secondary portal?

Ok hello, i just got my summer grades back, and i know MCOG wants us to send updates, but how exactly do i do this on the secondary portal?
I replied to this previously.

This is what it states in the "Document Upload" tab: There is a text box associated with the **APPLICATION UPDATE, please type a brief/specific, one to three word description for the contents of the update (i.e. Fall Grades, Spring Grades, Grade Report, Clinical Experiences, Activities, Article, Publication, etc.)

So upload a document with your grades into the category of "Application Update."

Regular EDP, and good luck with the process! I'm sure you'll hear back soon! :)
II!!! Question, do you think all EDP get interviews? Someone told me that but honestly I don't care IT'S AN INTERVIEW

II!!! Question, do you think all EDP get interviews? Someone told me that but honestly I don't care IT'S AN INTERVIEW
To be honest, I'm not really sure if they screen for interviews for EDP. That's a really good question tbh

Can someone PM me the link to the secondary? I lost the email with the link, however, I saved my password and user in a word document.

II today. Regular MD. Completion date 7/14/17, which was 39 days ago. cGPA 3.8; sGPA: 3.64; MCAT: 512, non-URM, non-traditional applicant (been out for about 4 years), decent ECs, relatively strong LORs, in-state. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
II just now! MD complete 7/13 with pretty average stats. Goodluck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
II this afternoon! Complete last week (last letter writer finally submitted). 3.73GPA, 3.93sGPA, 512 MCAT, re-applicant, ****ton of clinical hours. Good luck everyone!

II this afternoon! Complete last week (last letter writer finally submitted). 3.73GPA, 3.93sGPA, 512 MCAT, re-applicant, ****ton of clinical hours. Good luck everyone!
what is your individual MCAT scores if you don't mind sharing? Good luck on your interview