2017-2018 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!!! Got the small pool email last Thursday I think. Not the good news I was waiting for today but sooo excited!:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
II too! Called to schedule interview and no one answered..lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II!!! Got the small pool email last Thursday I think. Not the good news I was waiting for today but sooo excited!:love:
Congrats!!! Also got the small pool email on Thursday, so send me some of your good fortune plz :) I'd love an invite right about now

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!! Also got the small pool email on Thursday, so send me some of your good fortune plz :) I'd love an invite right about now
Awww I hope you get one soon. *sending good fortune*

Reactions: 1 users
They are planning on telling us today, right?

At my interview the Admissions staff said we'd here from them on Monday the 16th because they weren't going to come in on a Sunday to release decisions. However, I do remember them saying it may take a while to send everything out because they have to triple check that they are putting in the right decision.

Yeah, they said by the end of the day today. Unless they forgot about us.

A) I'm glad to see you write this because I was starting to think I'd made up that we should hear back today and b) ANXIETY OVERLOAD. Fingers crossed for all!! :dead:

At my interview the Admissions staff said we'd here from them on Monday the 16th because they weren't going to come in on a Sunday to release decisions. However, I do remember them saying it may take a while to send everything out because they have to triple check that they are putting in the right decision.
They also said that they make decisions following the week of interview. It should be well over 10 times checked over ugh. I mean i get what you're saying but just neeeed my decision now. If it was gonna take mad long they should've just said we receive tuesday morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
II as well! The only dates offered are next Thursday and next Friday, but I already have an interview next Friday. Does anyone know if they will allow me to change the date?

II as well! The only dates offered are next Thursday and next Friday, but I already have an interview next Friday. Does anyone know if they will allow me to change the date?

When were you complete?

II!!! So given that a bunch of us got the small pool email just last week, that leads me to believe that being in that pool is GOOD thing.

I'll be there next Thursday!

Reactions: 2 users
II!!! So given that a bunch of us got the small pool email just last week, that leads me to believe that being in that pool is GOOD thing.

Congrats!!

I'm super excited now too bc I got the small pool email yesterday :) send some good vibes my way, please!

I'm also trying to schedule for next Thursday but can't seem to get a hold of the admissions office :)

I'm also trying to schedule for next Thursday but can't seem to get a hold of the admissions office :)
I had some trouble getting ahold of the admission office too when scheduling, but don't worry, you will eventually. They were super nice.

Yes, you can ask for more available dates.

I could have sworn they said next week but someone who interviewed 2 weeks after us said they would hear back the 23rd as well. I’m not too sure anymore.
I interviewed September 26 and they definitely said we would hear back today. She said it would have been October 15 but since that was a Sunday October 16th was the day.

Chiming in as another person who got the small pool email last week and receiev an II this morning. I'll be interviewing Friday!

Congrats to all you guys who got II!

Has anyone else who got a small pool email last week not gotten an II? Feeling a little left out over here :(

Accepted!!! As a third time applicant I feel like I have been waiting for this email for a billion years and it happened!!

Reactions: 27 users
Congrats to all you guys who got II!

Has anyone else who got a small pool email last week not gotten an II? Feeling a little left out over here :(
Hey friend, I’m right there with you! I think I’m gonna upload a spreadsheet with my new volunteer hours and then hopefully my midterm grades go in and I can submit a transcript. We got this! I can feel it :)

Anyone who interviewed 9/28 or 9/29 hear anything today?

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile

hi guys, is anyone aware of the post interview acceptance rate? it may not be possible to find since MCW doesn't participate in the US news report

^^ I would love to know of the post-interview acceptance rate as well.

Should I be concerned if I was complete on 7/28/17 and have not heard anything back since then?

Anyone who interviewed care to share the experience of their pre-interview social? Thank you!

Will we be evaluated during the evening social as well?

The social was very casual and informative. It is run by students and it is essentially a chance for you to get to pick the brains of current students. It is not evaluated in any way. It is honestly a time where you should be evaluating the school.

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile

The pre-interview social is very casual. I wore a polo shirt and pants and the current students were in T-shirts and other casual gear. You are definitely not evaluated at the social. It's just a chance to ask questions and get a feel of the school. Would highly recommend.

Hi, has everyone who interviewed in September/October heard a decision yet?

What's the post interview acceptance rate? I'm assuming it's decently high because they interview around 360 OOS applicants and their matriculant OOS is around 189? so I'm assuming they accept at least 250/360 of the OOS applicants?