2017-2018 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, when are we going to have access to Castlebranch?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Aaron Rodgers received a doctorate before I did...and he's a full-time quarterback.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any word on Fin Aid yet? I got my email earlier this week btw.

Any word on Fin Aid yet? I got my email earlier this week btw.
Haven't received FA either. Does anyone know how we can hook up our mcw email to our phone? I used my mcw email for microsoft outlook but it says my email doesn't exist.

Has anyone else still not received any information about their MCW email?

Reactions: 2 users
I just remembered I did my Hepatits B titer in 8/2016 and was immune. Do you think MCW will accept that?
As long as there’s no time frame noted in the section (like there is for the TB Test section), it should be accepted.

Has anyone filled out the Respirator Questionnaire? What do we check for #12?
It’s already answered for you. There’s a black triangle selecting the first answer and if you read the bottom of the question, they say it has been answered for you.

Reactions: 1 user
I was able to put my MCW email onto my MacBook pro under the mail app but I can't on my iPhone because I don't know the server. Do any current students know what to put for this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call this morning. Will be attending MCW in the fall!

Reactions: 7 users
Unrelated, but would any current MCW students be open to a quick phone call? I'm a student preparing for an upcoming away rotation and wanted some tips on the best places to stay. If you are willing to chat please shoot me a private message!

I was able to put my MCW email onto my MacBook pro under the mail app but I can't on my iPhone because I don't know the server. Do any current students know what to put for this?
Called IT and the server name is "mdmawgw.mcw.edu". The domain is "mcwcorp".

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, everyone! I am looking for people's opinions regarding living around 20 minutes from campus. I found an apartment in New Berlin that is beautiful and less expensive compared to Wauwatosa, but I'm also worried about wasting time commuting. Thanks in advance!!!

Hi, everyone! I am looking for people's opinions regarding living around 20 minutes from campus. I found an apartment in New Berlin that is beautiful and less expensive compared to Wauwatosa, but I'm also worried about wasting time commuting. Thanks in advance!!!
Are you just curious about traffic in Wauwatosa? I'm from Milwaukee and will be living at home, which is also a 15-20 minute commute for me normally. If you plan on attending class at 8AM there will be some traffic but it shouldn't be too horrible at 730AM. There is some construction going on at the Zoo Interchange that could potentially slow traffic more, but that's more so from my direction coming from the south instead of New Berlin on the west. Keep in mind I currently live in Chicago and traffic usually doubles commute times, so most Milwaukee traffic now seems like nothing to me. However, traffic in general in Milwaukee isn't usually at a standstill, though construction complicates things obviously. There are several major side roads as well that you can take to get to MCW faster even if the freeway is backed up. It depends on personal preference and how much the rent differs, but I would overall say that the benefit of saving money for mild traffic and a slightly longer commute is worth it.

Did anyone still haven’t receive their financial aid yet? I am not sure what’s going on with the FA Office.

Just made my VA TMS account today, does anyone know if the VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees is really due on June 9th? It's 184 slides long! I better get on it :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 7.36.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 7.36.35 PM.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 91
Did anyone still haven’t receive their financial aid yet? I am not sure what’s going on with the FA Office.
I called today and it turns out that they didn't scan my faxed documents into their system, so they had no record of me turning in my FAA. I'd call them and see what's going on if I were you

I called today and it turns out that they didn't scan my faxed documents into their system, so they had no record of me turning in my FAA. I'd call them and see what's going on if I were you
Did they send you your package after that? I have everything on the website checked so I am not sure why the delay.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 11.08.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 11.08.47 PM.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 107
Just made my VA TMS account today, does anyone know if the VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees is really due on June 9th? It's 184 slides long! I better get on it :)
June 9th? I thought it was the first day of classes?

This might be a dumb question, but where do we find the information about immunizations and things like that? Thanks!

I called today and the woman from financial aid said she wasn't sure why I hadn't received my financial aid yet since I've been complete and have had everything turned in for months now. She said she'd get her supervisor to contact me later so I'm also confused like the rest of you

I called today and the woman from financial aid said she wasn't sure why I hadn't received my financial aid yet since I've been complete and have had everything turned in for months now. She said she'd get her supervisor to contact me later so I'm also confused like the rest of you
Plz update us when you have more info. I also send them an email today. Thanks

Hey does anyone know if we have to fill out the entire Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire. Kind of confuse because I don't use a respirator...? :eyebrow:

Hey does anyone know if we have to fill out the entire Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire. Kind of confuse because I don't use a respirator...? :eyebrow:
Yes. You have to fill out the whole thing. You will have to wear a respirator in clinicals if a patient has TB or similar disease. It's for your protection. Most people wear N95 respirators, which you're usually fitted with and is also why question #12 is already answered for you.

Did you all get info on logging into castlebranch when you got your email?

For the iPhone, do we just click "Settings" --> "Accounts & Passwords" --> "Add Account" ---> ???

I'm unsure of where to put the server name and domain.
Add account --> microsoft exchange. Then it'll ask to put in your mcw email, mcw user name, password, server, domain

Is anyone able to get the Castlebranch website to work? Also, for people who are IS, how are you planning on getting the 90 day TB test? Do we have to set up an appointment with MCW Occupational Health or is there another clinic we can go to to get it done. Thanks!

Is anyone able to get the Castlebranch website to work? Also, for people who are IS, how are you planning on getting the 90 day TB test? Do we have to set up an appointment with MCW Occupational Health or is there another clinic we can go to to get it done. Thanks!
I haven't tried to set up Castlebranch yet. I have to check with my insurance about the TB Test. But I called Internal Occupational Health and they told me they aren't doing them for incoming M1s so they gave me a list of places that offer TB tests for cheaper. PopCare on S 27th Street will do the Quantiferon blood test for TB for $50 according to their list, which is cheaper than having 2 TB skin tests and you don't have to go back four times to have it placed and read.

Yes I signed up and was able to get it work.

Got my castlebranch to work, but OASIS doesn't seem to work for me. Able to log on but it won't let me look at anything. Anyone getting the same?

Got my castlebranch to work, but OASIS doesn't seem to work for me. Able to log on but it won't let me look at anything. Anyone getting the same?
I can log in but can't access anything on OASIS either. We haven't been told to do anything with OASIS yet so I wouldn't worry about it.

Castlebranch is not working for me. I click "place my order" and the next screen only has a "please select" button. When I click it I get an error message. I contacted their help desk so hopefully it gets resolved.

Sorry for back to back posts, but what did you all put for Q11 on the respirator form? I don't think we were given the contact info, but I don't want to look like an idiot if we were haha

Castlebranch is not working for me. I click "place my order" and the next screen only has a "please select" button. When I click it I get an error message. I contacted their help desk so hopefully it gets resolved.
Can you let me know what they say? I'm having the same problem.

Sorry for back to back posts, but what did you all put for Q11 on the respirator form? I don't think we were given the contact info, but I don't want to look like an idiot if we were haha
I originally said no but when you go back to the email from Alexis and open the “Health Requirements Memo 2018”, they give you Internal Occupational Health and their contact info under the “Mandatory Health Requirements” checklist. Linda is the one who ultimately will review all our documentation. I talked to her when I called about the TB Test. So we did get their contact info.

What is the average MCAT for accepted students?! Can't find it anywhere online! Thanks!

What is the average MCAT for accepted students?! Can't find it anywhere online! Thanks!
The median MCAT for MCW is 511. That information can be found on AAMC's Medical School Admission Requirements (MSAR).

For those of you who can see your financial aid package, do you have the option to accept or decline things yet? I don't have that option and can only view the award.
I asked fin aid the same thing. They said everyone has to meet up in person before they accept or decline. I asked when the meetings would be but haven't heard back yet.

Does anyone know how recent our TB skin tests have to be to be accepted? If I did my two-step TB tests a couple of years back but completed an additional TB test within the last 12 months is that acceptable? I cannot find the TB and Immunizations form for Castlebranch.