2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted! Interviewed March 5th. Im sure its been asked before, but does anyone know how much waitlist movement there is? Thanks and good luck everyone!
Same here

Members don't see this ad.

oh boy. I interviewed March 5th too and didn't get a waitlist email or anything else. Does this mean a rejection is coming my way? :(

oh boy. I interviewed March 5th too and didn't get a waitlist email or anything else. Does this mean a rejection is coming my way? :(

Could be an acceptance coming your way. I thought they said they did everything by email? Acceptances, denials and waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Could be an acceptance coming your way. I thought they said they did everything by email? Acceptances, denials and waitlist.

Yeah they do, but it just seems odd to me that they would send out waitlist emails before acceptances or on separate days. And it looks like they won't be sending post-interview rejections until the cycle is over this year. Hopefully it is an acceptance, but now I'm afraid lol

Can someone please state what the waitlist email said ? Please and thanks you!
On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for your application and taking time to interview for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.
The School of Medicine Admissions Committee has carefully reviewed your application, based on the holistic review process which includes reviewing admissions criteria and analyzing supporting credentials consistent with Meharry's mission. Due to the highly competitive nature of admissions in the School of Medicine and the limited number of positions available in the first-year class, the Admissions Committee has recommended that you be placed on the waitlist for the upcoming academic year.
If a seat becomes available for the 2018 entering class, you will be officially notified by the Office of Admissions and Recruitment no later than June 2018. If you are not notified and are still interested in the application process at Meharry, then it will be necessary for you to reapply for admission in a future entering class.

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know if II still available or they wrapped up already?

does anyone know if II still available or they wrapped up already?
I believe someone said they will be interviewing through Aprill. Perhaps IIs will come this week!:nailbiting:

I'm spent on interviews.
This cycle isn't getting another penny out of me.
My last interview was at this school and I'm not doing anymore. Can't afford it.

I'm spent on interviews.
My last interview was at this school and I'm not doing anymore. Can't afford it.

Lol I can imagine but you're very fortunate to have even interviewed at all this cycle because some of us were barely able to get one interview much less a lot of them.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm spent on interviews.
Why are you giving up when the battle is still being fought? We'll collectively lay down our armors after April 30, 2018

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you giving up when the battle is still being fought? We'll collectively lay down our armors after April 30, 2018

Not giving up. I got accepted at a DO school. Not my first pick, but at least I know i'm going somewhere this year. I've done 6 interviews and spent about 2000-3000 on this cycle alone. And an additional 2000 for the security deposit at my DO school. Not flying, driving or paying for anymore hotels. I can't financially afford to do anymore interviews. Thats why I said i'm done. They call me off the waitlist, thats cool. Then I can go MD. If they don't then thats fine too. I definitely haven't given up on going to med school, I'm just not giving anymore of my money to this process. I AM BROKE!

Reactions: 13 users
If you were not waitlisted in the emails released two days ago, you would have been accepted or rejected, because I have been rejected via email minutes ago. I think DO is my future now, all the best guys.

If you were not waitlisted in the emails released two days ago, you would have been accepted or rejected, because I have been rejected via email minutes ago. I think DO is my future now, all the best guys.
They are all medical schools!! Good luck to all of us waiting

After 4 difficult years and a residency, both MD/DO are doctors. With that said, I am ready to be a DO. I cannot miss the opportunity.

Reactions: 4 users

When did you interview?

Interviewed 3/5, waitlisted this week but withdrew my application. Best of luck everyone.

11E5FC60-418A-44B2-92FF-64BB99F4D6D8.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users
called and sent emails and got the same response: UNDER REVIEW!! under review for that long! really
My only guess would be that they might be thinking about inviting you to their Master’s program vs. rejection. Based on the thread if you were accepted or waitisted they would have already told you.

My only guess would be that they might be thinking about inviting you to their Master’s program vs. rejection. Based on the thread if you were accepted or waitisted they would have already told you.
I think they invite all rejected students to their master's program! that is what happened with other schools i have been rejected at! they say it is still under review! i dont know honestly ,, whatever!

I think they invite all rejected students to their master's program! that is what happened with other schools i have been rejected at! they say it is still under review! i dont know honestly ,, whatever!
Yeah by rejection I meant complete rejection like not even to their Masters program. But yeah, if you haven’t been accepted anywhere but they do invite you to theirs, from what I’ve read its a really good program & guarantees your acceptance for that following year, if you pass the classes of courses. But the reason why they keep telling you your app is under review is crazy. Idk, maybe anything can happen this cycle, it seems to be very different from previous ones lol

Reactions: 1 user
At least you guys heard back!! I haven’t heard back in 17 weeks now!!
Maybe this will free at least one waitlist spot up for someone. Hang in there, it's definitely a test of endurance

Did anyone elses SDN do an update? I hate this new look lol

Reactions: 7 users
I actually LOVEEEE this look. Haha. I hope it stays.

Reactions: 1 user
haha this look was NOT the one that they had up a few hours ago..the one few hours ago was god awful. this is better :)
At least the pencil assistant has been done away with... I dunno, I come to sdn to be sad and enviously read others posts, this is too bright and cheerful for me ;)

Can we hear something today!!! Please meharry .. feel us!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone been accepted from the March 5 or March 12 interview groups?

Just withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes to one you waiting. Best of Luck!!

Reactions: 5 users
Sooooo are we giving up on II's now or.........?

I think so..they are waitlisting people back to back..i don't think they have more IIs to send out. I am seeing a lot of contradictory information coming from people who pick up the phone though so idk

I think so..they are waitlisting people back to back..i don't think they have more IIs to send out. I am seeing a lot of contradictory information coming from people who pick up the phone though so idk

I agree with this. Interviewed 3/12 and I was told my interview date was the last one scheduled for a while. And I haven't seen anyone post any ii since. Also, haven't seen anyone post an acceptance from 3/5 or 3/12. Looks like nothing but wait list and rejections.

I agree with this. Interviewed 3/12 and I was told my interview date was the last one scheduled for a while. And I haven't seen anyone post any ii since. Also, haven't seen anyone post an acceptance from 3/5 or 3/12. Looks like nothing but wait list and rejections.
A bit disappointed here. I had applied and received an interview 2 years ago with a lower GPA, less experience, not as good letters of rec, and just an underwhelming app in general. I also had put in my application on the last possible day. I was waitlisted and subsequently rejected in that application cycle. I took a year off from applying and come back with what I believe to be an impressive improvement, now putting forth my best self, all while applying earlier, and I get absolutely nothing from them. This school, more than any, makes me believe this entire process is a crapshoot and one can never know how the cycle will go... :(

Reactions: 5 users
A bit disappointed here. I had applied and received an interview 2 years ago with a lower GPA, less experience, not as good letters of rec, and just an underwhelming app in general. I also had put in my application on the last possible day. I was waitlisted and subsequently rejected in that application cycle. I took a year off from applying and come back with what I believe to be an impressive improvement, now putting forth my best self, all while applying earlier, and I get absolutely nothing from them. This school, more than any, makes me believe this entire process is a crapshoot and one can never know how the cycle will go... :(

"crapshoot" is an accurate way to describe the process. I too hate the way this admission process works.

Reactions: 3 users
I agree with all of you. I think its time for us to throw the white flag :(

Reactions: 1 users
What about me!! I haven’t heard in 4 months and they say under review!! Every time I call they say the exact same thing