2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question: Does NYITCOM (both places) video record their lectures and archive them somewhere on their portal so we can access them whenever and wherever (like if we're sick and can't go to lecture one day or we want to review something said in lecture)?

We do the same lectures at the same time. If the instructor is in OW then here in JB we have a live stream with microphones for interaction and questions. Same if the instructor is here in JB for the OW students. Lectures are recorded and archived. We can even view previous year’s lectures if we want to look at material in advance.

It is nice to have, for sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who submitted their deposit not submitted their vaccination form yet? I just realized I never did it and I submitted my deposit back in November :sorry:
I was just complete in terms of deposit and acceptance form last week, and I remember reading somewhere that the shot records, background check, and final transcripts are due by April 1st! I would email them (admissions) if you are worried though, they are really helpful!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Students matriculating to Jonesboro campus, pm me. I would like to get to know my future classmates.

Reactions: 2 users
I just called OW they said they haven’t sent out decisions yet because they have not had a full week yet for a while, but he said there will be A LOT of decisions coming out this week and next week. He stressed the A LOT part.

Reactions: 3 users
I just called OW they said they haven’t sent out decisions yet because they have not had a full week yet for a while, but he said there will be A LOT of decisions coming out this week and next week. He stressed the A LOT part.
please don't get my hopes up!!!!

Hi and congratulations to everyone accepted so far. I have an interview in OW on January 24th and would appreciate any tips on how the day's schedule goes plus any interview advice. Also, will be coming from OOS so any advice on hotels close by would be appreciated.

OW or Jonesboro?
Old Westbury.

I had a deposit deadline at another school. So I stressed the urgency when talking to the admissions coordinator. They gave me the verbal acceptance on Friday (01/12), and the official email today (01/16).

Hi and congratulations to everyone accepted so far. I have an interview in OW on January 24th and would appreciate any tips on how the day's schedule goes plus any interview advice. Also, will be coming from OOS so any advice on hotels close by would be appreciated.
No idea on hotels, but the day went by like this: showed up, checked in, was given a little presentation about the programs in OW and JB, sat around and talked with other interviewees while our interviewers came to get us, campus tour after interviews, go home.

No idea on hotels, but the day went by like this: showed up, checked in, was given a little presentation about the programs in OW and JB, sat around and talked with other interviewees while our interviewers came to get us, campus tour after interviews, go home.
Sounds pretty straight forward...thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!!!! Just found out!
Old Westbury.

I had a deposit deadline at another school. So I stressed the urgency when talking to the admissions coordinator. They gave me the verbal acceptance on Friday (01/12), and the official email
11/17 here and I know other people from that interview got in. But nothing yet. Hopefully this week. I’m exhausted of worrying. I have another interview in a couple of weeks, so hopefully we find out soon.

I am happy for you, but feel this was unfair to others who have been waiting, called describing similar circumstances, and had to pay deposits not to lose our seats at other schools. Just venting but happy to learn there is movement.

Same for waitlist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waitlist...anyone know what the waitlist movement is like for NYITCOM?

Waitlist...anyone know what the waitlist movement is like for NYITCOM?
I was just going to ask the same thing... specifically about Jonesboro.

Wait list!! How good do you think our chances of getting in off the waitlist are?

11/17 here and I know other people from that interview got in. But nothing yet. Hopefully this week. I’m exhausted of worrying. I have another interview in a couple of weeks, so hopefully we find out soon.
Waitlisted :(

This is a rough go around for this SDN thread.... Sorry guys. We will get in somewhere! Gotta keep on keeping on!

*me looking to fight the committee lol*

Attachments

• fight me NYIT.jpg
    fight me NYIT.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 77
It does look like they waitlisted an awful lot of people. I wonder if it means there will be more movement this year hopefully!? Did anyone get an acceptance today??

It does look like they waitlisted an awful lot of people. I wonder if it means there will be more movement this year hopefully!? Did anyone get an acceptance today??

And they continue interviewing till April. Just imagine how many additional people will be waitlisted. Do they send out rejections tho? I wonder if they just either waitlist or accept

And they continue interviewing till April. Just imagine how many additional people will be waitlisted. Do they send out rejections tho? I wonder if they just either waitlist or accept
I promise you they reject people haha

To those on the WL: I have multiple acceptances and 2 more interviews coming up, and I’m sure a lot of the accepted students are in the same boat.

Take that to mean.... expect movement.

To those on the WL: I have multiple acceptances and 2 more interviews coming up, and I’m sure a lot of the accepted students are in the same boat.

Take that to mean.... expect movement.
I already have an acceptance and a couple of interviews coming up but I truly hope so man. This is my top choice and I really want to go here. Absolutely loved the campus.

I really liked the student body.

I really dislike the price.

It’s going to be a tough choice for sure!

Tbh I chose between NYIT and two other schools. I’d imagine there will be some movement for people who had similar situations. I’m WLed at a school I really like and I have an II coming up. You’ll probably see some movement.

Update on Facebook page:
We have the SGA President working on it right now and expect it to be up and running soon. Word is It will be up shortly.

Update again:
Requests will be approved upon verification

Edit: Link didn’t work because I am dumb. Fixing and will update.
Edit 2: Link works but shows as the “Log into Facebook” for some reason. When I click it the link takes me to the page though. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
To all of you who got waitlisted, DO NOT LOSE HOPE. I know it’s hard but I can tell you from personal experience your time will come and it’ll happen when you least expect it. I didn’t interview at NYIT until about March and I was waitlisted in April, I had pretty much called it quits and started applying for the new cycle. I along with several others got accepted in July, and some people even got accepted like a week before school started. As always just have multiple back up plans and stay flexible to whatever comes your way. If you need help with trying to come up with options feel free to PM me, I pretty much had 50 plans lol.

To those of you that were accepted, congratulations and welcome to school, we can’t wait to see you in the fall :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

To all of you who got waitlisted, DO NOT LOSE HOPE. I know it’s hard but I can tell you from personal experience your time will come and it’ll happen when you least expect it. I didn’t interview at NYIT until about March and I was waitlisted in April, I had pretty much called it quits and started applying for the new cycle. I along with several others got accepted in July, and some people even got accepted like a week before school started. As always just have multiple back up plans and stay flexible to whatever comes your way. If you need help with trying to come up with options feel free to PM me, I pretty much had 50 plans lol.

To those of you that were accepted, congratulations and welcome to school, we can’t wait to see you in the fall :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Couldn't agree more with DOcterpuff.
Congratulations to all of us that made the WL!

I'll add my take/reading on the today's WL notifications: while we all know that our chances of being pulled off of the WL are relatively small, this is still a huge ACCOMPLISHMENT - the school is telling us that they are fully convinced of our qualifications and would DEFINITELY place each of us in the Class of 2022, if and whenever a spot becomes available.

Also, an 'ulterior motive' I suspect, for WL-ing a seemingly large number of applicants, is that the AdCom wants to encourage us; as in do NOT give up HOPE - especially for/to someone that, for whatever reasons, may haven't gotten any other II's... and is contemplating giving up medicine altogether..., and such. In any event, I am sure the school is doing their best and I applaud and greatly appreciate their [kind] gesture!

Last edited:
If any of you acceptees at Jonesboro have any questions on curriculum or living or anything at all feel free to PM me. I don't bite!

Also I know a bunch of people that got off the wait list during the summer so don't give up hope

Waitlisted here. Got into my top DO choice but jesus how did it take them 11 weeks to get back to me.

Ayyy finally heard back !
It only took them 3 months but I got waitlisted! I will probably vacate the spot thought as I've already been accepted elsewhere better for me. Hopefully it helps one of you guys!

Waitlisted here. Got into my top DO choice but jesus how did it take them 11 weeks to get back to me.
You answered it yourself... in the first part of your second sentence, gangbangchang.

I’m still amazed how quickly the mood/attitude of our pre-meds change... after receiving the A-word in the mail. Don’t forget though, other words begin with the letter A... and you may receive’em too later on.

Hey guys, M1 here. If anyone has any questions regarding the Jonesboro campus or needs advice/suggestions, hmu