2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the class size for Arkansas is going to be this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if NYIT is receptive to phone calls asking about status/ expressing continued interest?? Is it overkill to call if I have sent an interest letter also? I've been complete since August with silence and trying to figure if I can help myself out more in any way. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance here. Got accepted to my state MD school so will be going there instead. Hope my spot goes to one of you!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if NYIT is receptive to phone calls asking about status/ expressing continued interest?? Is it overkill to call if I have sent an interest letter also? I've been complete since August with silence and trying to figure if I can help myself out more in any way. Thanks in advance!

I called and they said I was still under review so :whistle:

My top choice always takes a million years

Just waitlisted as predicted....Interviewed at Jonesboro campus on 2/2.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m still very hopefully to get off the waitlist. I feel like a lot of people get off waitlist based on last years thread and some people I know down in JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still very hopefully to get off the waitlist. I feel like a lot of people get off waitlist based on last years thread and some people I know down in JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope you’re right!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure how many, probably half of those who interview....... but keep hopes alive!
Last year they had a 100 people but after May I suppose many people drop off the waitlist as they get into other programs. They did have a lot of movement it seems from last years thread tho.

Last year they had a 100 people but after May I suppose many people drop off the waitlist as they get into other programs. They did have a lot of movement it seems from last years thread tho.
Hopefully we all get in.

Reactions: 4 users
Do they call to tell you that you are on the waitlist? or E-mail?

Anyone interview at Old Westbury on or around January 31st?

Interviewed 1/12, WL 2/9. Just got acceptance email.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 2/2 and received an acceptance email today!

is the nyitcom campus in new york still sending out interview invites?

Say for example I get waitlisted. (Still waiting on decision but just hypothetically). If i take the MCAT this may, would they look at it? Would I be able to submit it as part of an update?

Say for example I get waitlisted. (Still waiting on decision but just hypothetically). If i take the MCAT this may, would they look at it? Would I be able to submit it as part of an update?

I could be wrong, but I imagine it wouldn’t make a difference at this point. Your score won’t be back until June, and it may be in your best interest by that point to be sending primaries out for the next cycle with your additional year of coursework/research/work work/life experiences and new MCAT score. We had several students who filled out primaries and secondaries for your current cycle before they got pulled form the waitlist. What we’re discussing is 3-4 months away, and may not even be relevant depending on the decision passed down and waitlist movement. We finally have an official post of someone coming off the waitlist on this thread, so even a waitlist position (which is most likely at this point in the cycle) is obviously not a deal-breaker.

So yeah. I’m sure you could send an update with the new score, but considering that won’t be in until June likely won’t affect your positioning on the waitlist any (assuming that you are waitlisted and not pulled by then). From an honest point of view, if you haven’t been pulled by then, keep up hope but consider preparing a new set of primaries with your improved application - one year makes a big difference if done right!

i just got an II from NYITCOM!

So happy!

is there anyone who could tell me a little bit about the interview and what sorts of questions are asked?

Thanks

Reactions: 11 users
II today for the AR campus. I'll be declining the offer, hope it goes to one of you guys.

New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
I used the interview feedback section and literally every single question I was asked was on this list.
Its a 1:1 interview with faculty or alumni(I think), they have a list of questions on a piece of paper that they ask from, and the interview can either be totally conversational (like most people had on my interview day) to your interviewer just firing off questions w/o giving feedback (how mine went).
Interviews lasted from 15(mine)-30(most people) minutes.
Afterwards, you tour the campus w/ students and leave