2017-2018 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYIT-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
People keep saying "etc. etc." but I would like to know what "etc." means... This is my first interview and I'm not sure what kind of questions to expect besides "Why physician" "Why DO" "Why this school". Could anyone elaborate?
This guy put together a pretty good prep class/book. This should give you the important stuff:
Part 1:
Part 2:
eBook: http://biochem.science.oregonstate.edu/files/biochem/ahern/AhernRajagopalMedBook.pdf

Also, there are some solid guides to questions asked all over SDN. Goro has some good osteopathic-specific stuff you should check out. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the timeline of when NYIT starts giving out decisions post interview?
I think somewhere in the post, someone said it was 6-8 weeks. You can scroll through previous posts to verify.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes they said 6-8 weeks after the interview. I interviewed 9/15, no word yet!

People keep saying "etc. etc." but I would like to know what "etc." means... This is my first interview and I'm not sure what kind of questions to expect besides "Why physician" "Why DO" "Why this school". Could anyone elaborate?

In this case, I think etc. would mean typical interview questions. I would suggest to make sure you are familiar with your secondary application (when I interviewed here last cycle my interviewer had it with her). If you want to know more specific type of questions I'd suggest using this: New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Last edited:
I just finished interviewing at this campus and all I can say is that everything everyone has said on this forum is correct. The interview is ~30 min 1-on-1. Super laid back and friendly staff. Thanks for the opportunity NYITCOM!

I just finished interviewing at this campus and all I can say is that everything everyone has said on this forum is correct. The interview is ~30 min 1-on-1. Super laid back and friendly staff. Thanks for the opportunity NYITCOM!
New York or Arkansas? Thanks!

I interviewed on the NY campus on 10/6 as well and it was a great experience! Everything was neat and organized, the campus was gorgeous, and everyone was super friendly and hospitable. They said their first decisions would be coming out in 1-1.5 weeks for the people who interviewed earlier!

I interviewed on the NY campus on 10/6 as well and it was a great experience! Everything was neat and organized, the campus was gorgeous, and everyone was super friendly and hospitable. They said their first decisions would be coming out in 1-1.5 weeks for the people who interviewed earlier!
I thought decisions come out after November 15th. They specifically said in 1-1.5 weeks???

I thought decisions come out after November 15th. They specifically said in 1-1.5 weeks???

Yup, they said they would start sending them out during that time!

If ya'll don't mind me asking, is the interview at Jonesboro traditional, MMI, or both? And are we expected to bring anything like our personal statements, essays, resumes, photos, ect. I know that sounds dumb, but I've been told that some schools expect you to bring these and I can't seem to find any info about NYIT's requirements online.

Members don't see this ad :)
If ya'll don't mind me asking, is the interview at Jonesboro traditional, MMI, or both? And are we expected to bring anything like our personal statements, essays, resumes, photos, ect. I know that sounds dumb, but I've been told that some schools expect you to bring these and I can't seem to find any info about NYIT's requirements online.
It was just 1 30 minute traditional interview, and no no one I talked to brought any of that.

II this morning, submitted secondary on 10/4

Accepted!!!!! Interviewed 9/29 Jonesboro

Last edited:
Accepted at the Arkansas campus! Interviewed 8/25.

Anyone else get scholarship information/additions in their acceptance email?

ACCEPTED to Jonesboro, AR.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
"The Delta Leaders Scholarship is offered to all students who are attending NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine at Arkansas State University. The amount of the scholarship will vary based upon institutional funding. The scholarship will be renewed annually. Recipients of the scholarship must be continuously enrolled for four consecutive years and maintain good academic standing. The scholarship can be used for tuition charges only. Students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive this award."

Accepted to Jonesboro campus yesterday! Interviewed 9/15. MCAT 510 GPA 3.73. Loved this school and so excited to go here! Does anyone know if there is a facebook page for the 2018 entering class?

For those of you that were accepted, how did you receive the acceptance notice? Phone call or email?

For those of you that were accepted, how did you receive the acceptance notice? Phone call or email?

I received an email, Seems that most received their acceptance this way as well.

Anyone get an acceptance from the NY campus?

I interviewed on 10/6 and admissions said that decisions should be coming in a week or week and a half. So should be coming very soon!

damn how'd you get an II that quickly?!

I used some dark wizardry that apparently only works here. They had an interview spot for today too so I could have really been flying through the process if I lived closer.

I interviewed on 10/6 and admissions said that decisions should be coming in a week or week and a half. So should be coming very soon!
I interviewed on 10/03 and when I called admissions they said that they couldn't give a specific timeline and that they haven't made any decisions yet.... BUT IF IT WAS A WEEK OR 1.5 WEEKS BRING IT ON I WILL TAKE IT

Just canceled my interview at the Jonesboro location for 10/20. Maybe one of you can pick it up if your looking for an earlier date.

Good luck!

Interview early September still waiting - and it doesn’t seem that the ny campus gave any acceptances yet . Probably the school is focused on getting the Jonesboro location going .

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

To those who got accepted at the A state campus, do yall know if we have to submit our deposit when accepting the scholarship?

To those who got accepted at the A state campus, do yall know if we have to submit our deposit when accepting the scholarship?

Everyone gets the scholarship, so I think you would have to accept the offer to get the scholarship.

Everyone gets the scholarship, so I think you would have to accept the offer to get the scholarship.
Well in the email they said you have until X date to place the deposit. In the letter they said you have until Y date to accept the scholarship, I was just wondering if we accept the scholarship do we need to put our deposit down with it.

does anyone want to call and find out when NY campus is gonna give out decisions?

does anyone want to call and find out when NY campus is gonna give out decisions?
I just called. Admissions said that they weren't sure when acceptances would be going out, but that the committee is meeting consistently to review applications. She also said not to worry if you don't hear back right away because they don't necessarily review the applications in a chronological order.