2017-2018 Oakland University (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
still waiting on my pre-ii rejection, anyone else still in this position?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Is anyone interviewing on March 9th and interested in sharing/splitting a ride from the DTW airport? Please let me know soon. Thanks

Anyone know when the last interview date is?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when the last interview date is?
According to their Twitter account, their last interview day was Friday, March 10 last year... so if they're following a similar timeline, I would think the last day would be this Friday, March 9 for the 2018 cycle.

Rejected pre-interview just now. LizzyM 69, MS, non-trad, OOS but grew up in Michigan. Good luck to all who remain!

Got an II just today, when does their interview season end? Still worth going at this point?

Got an II just today, when does their interview season end? Still worth going at this point?

Dunno bout when their interview season ends. I believe someone else answered it above but I would only go if you would actually consider going to Oakland vs. any other schools you have perhaps already been given an offer to. If there's no chance for you to go to Oakland compared to others schools than I think it would be best to give up the invite to another deserving student.

Rejected pre-II just now. Good luck to the rest of you :)

anyone from the 2/16 interview group hear anything? i forget when they said they would start getting back to us

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone from the 2/16 interview group hear anything? i forget when they said they would start getting back to us

I second this question, but for the 2/9 interview group. Anxiously waiting...

early Jan and still silence, i just want some closure!

I just met you and this is crazy so here’s my number please accept me, maybe?

Early January dead silence....

PS: Doesnt this violate the Geneva convention rules on collective punishment? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed early December and still silence. I guess it’s a R or WL for me? Lol

I was not expecting to hear back today as I interviewed on 2/9, but I just received my acceptance email to OUWB! Despite the snow storm, the faculty and students hosted an excellent interview day and I left the school with an excitement to return. Looking forward to tour the school on second look day with some better weather!

As for those who are still waiting to hear back, I wish you all the best of luck! I know the process can tough so please feel free to reach out if you ever need to chat! Here's to all being colleagues one day ☺️

Reactions: 8 users
I just realized on MSAR it states statistics as a requirement. I have never taken it but still received an II...does that mean they don’t mind?

I was not expecting to hear back today as I interviewed on 2/9, but I just received my acceptance email to OUWB! Despite the snow storm, the faculty and students hosted an excellent interview day and I left the school with an excitement to return. Looking forward to tour the school on second look day with some better weather!

As for those who are still waiting to hear back, I wish you all the best of luck! I know the process can tough so please feel free to reach out if you ever need to chat! Here's to all being colleagues one day ☺️

Congratulations! I interviewed on the 9th too...

You received an email? Was that in addition to a phone call?

interviewed 2/16 and received a call today about my acceptance!

I really hope the best for everyone else who is anxiously waiting!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I just realized on MSAR it states statistics as a requirement. I have never taken it but still received an II...does that mean they don’t mind?
They probably expect you to take it before matriculation... like through an online or summer course maybe

I interviewed 2/9 and I received my acceptance call and email yesterday!
Can't describe how happy I am

Best of luck to all of you guys

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed 2/9 and didn't get a call or decision...am I screwed? I really liked this school a lot and I thought I beasted my interviews.

Reject pre II, closed the book. Don't want to go there anyway.

I had my interview in November and still no response from them. Am I just wait listed? :(

I talked with Admissions today because I interviewed in Mid-January and still haven't heard back yet. They told me that there is at least one more admissions committee meeting for the March interviews before they establish the first and second-tier waitlists. If you interviewed over 4 weeks ago and have not gotten an email saying either you were rejected post-II or are on the 3rd tier waitlist, it is probably safe to assume that you are either on 1st or 2nd tier waitlist. At this point its "no news is good news."

I wonder what this means for those of us that interviewed mid-February. I honestly didn't even know they were offering March interviews since we haven't seen anyone posting about receiving one on here.
They might still review your applications! I would say if you don't receive anything next Wednesday/Thursday you're probably waitlisted either 1st or 2nd tier, but don't quote me on it.

I also interviewed 2/9 and am anxiously waiting to hear back. I called last week and she confirmed the timeline of 4-6 weeks after the interview that I would find out the decision. Its been almost 5 weeks so fingers crossed. I would absolutely go here if accepted!

Happy match day! In addition to the link above, here's the match list tabulated by specialty so it's easier to find what you're looking for. I have not heard of anybody yet who did not match at all (though we have one prelim year and one research year). Not sure how many people are in the M4 class since several of them took a year off for research, masters degrees, etc., but it should be close to 100. Everyone I've talked to so far has been thrilled and lots of people said they got their first choice!

ENT (3)
Mayo (MN)
Wayne State (MI)
Weiss Memorial PGY-1 (IL), Illinois Eye and Ear PGY-2 (IL)

Ophthalmology (5)
Beaumont Health (MI)
Oakwood PGY-1 (MI), Cleveland Clinic PGY-2 (OH)
Indiana University (IN)
St. Mary Mercy PGY-1 (MI), SUNY Downstate PGY-2 (NY)

Thanks for formatting the list. I wanted to clarify that there's 2 going into ENT. The one at IEEI is going into Ophthalmology.

Does anyone have any insight if all acceptances were sent out? If so, will 1st/2nd tier waitlists decisions be sent out soon?

Does anyone have any insight if all acceptances were sent out? If so, will 1st/2nd tier waitlists decisions be sent out soon?
I have no clue tbh but I just looked at the OUWB class of 2022 Facebook page and there’s already like 130 students in the group... Does this mean they’ve already chosen their first picks?? :(

I have no clue tbh but I just looked at the OUWB class of 2022 Facebook page and there’s already like 130 students in the group... Does this mean they’ve already chosen their first picks?? :(
This group also includes administrators and current students

Hello guys,

For those of you who got accepted and got a scholarship either need or merit based, did you receive the scholarship offer along with the acceptance call? Or Did you receive the call later? If so, how long after the acceptance call was it?

Also, do you guys know if scholarships are first come first serve or everyone has an equal chance?

Hello guys,

For those of you who got accepted and got a scholarship either need or merit based, did you receive the scholarship offer along with the acceptance call? Or Did you receive the call later? If so, how long after the acceptance call was it?

Also, do you guys know if scholarships are first come first serve or everyone has an equal chance?
+1

Hello guys,

Someone had posted earlier if I recall correctly stating they had been accepted in October but just recently got a merit based scholarship.

.......*nervous tone* anyone get a phone call with good news this week?

If the Adcom meets every other Wednesday and the last offer that was reported on SDN was I believe on 03/08 I think there's a good chance some might hear back today! Hoping Oakland comes through, I sent a LOI. Does anyone know if Oakland emails you if you're put on either waitlist?

If the Adcom meets every other Wednesday and the last offer that was reported on SDN was I believe on 03/08 I think there's a good chance some might hear back today! Hoping Oakland comes through, I sent a LOI. Does anyone know if Oakland emails you if you're put on either waitlist?
I think applicants are only notified by email if they're rejected or placed on the 3rd tier WL. And then once the other WLs have been established, they will inform us whether we're on the 1st or 2nd tier.

So just to verify, those a part of the OUWB Class of 2022 Facebook group are exclusively for those already accepted right? You can’t just request to join if you haven’t heard back post interview, correct?

If so, I believe some of those who interviewed on the 3/2 date heard back with acceptances!