2017-2018 Oakland University (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So just to verify, those a part of the OUWB Class of 2022 Facebook group are exclusively for those already accepted right? You can’t just request to join if you haven’t heard back post interview, correct?

If so, I believe some of those who interviewed on the 3/2 date heard back with acceptances!

Yeah, I believe so. 7 people were added to the group yesterday. Y'all think requesting to join would increase admission chances? XD

Members don't see this ad.

I believe a couple people from the 3/9 interview were also added yesterday

That doesn't really mean that they were accepted yesterday. One could be accepted in October and not join the group until now when they finally decide that they'll be matriculating at Oakland.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That doesn't really mean that they were accepted yesterday. One could be accepted in October and not join the group until now when they finally decide that they'll be matriculating at Oakland.

Considering the fact that robotspin101 and ineedthemd appear to know people on their interview day that were all added on the same day it's pretty safe to assume they were accepted pretty recently. Similarly, 4 people from my interview day were all added to the group on the same day.

Reactions: 1 user
So I called this afternoon because I just could not stand it any longer. Another weekend without a word and I may have lost it (interviewed 2/9). According to the person I spoke with, they already sent out all rejections and 3rd tier waitlist notifications. So there’s still hope since I didn’t get one of those.

Reactions: 7 users
Hello guys,

For those of you who got accepted and got a scholarship either need or merit based, did you receive the scholarship offer along with the acceptance call? Or Did you receive the call later? If so, how long after the acceptance call was it?

Also, do you guys know if scholarships are first come first serve or everyone has an equal chance?
Mid Oct acceptance, merit scholarship 2 weeks later.

I know for sure need-based is first come first serve (according to the financial planning person I talked to). Merit-based, I'm not so sure. The person did mention that they will give out $ until it runs out, and if other students decided not to go, then the $ goes to someone else. So I am guessing that's why there are people who were accepted in Oct and recently got scholarship. Overall, they really try to help you financially as much as they can.

Mid Oct acceptance, merit scholarship 2 weeks later.

I know for sure need-based is first come first serve (according to the financial planning person I talked to). Merit-based, I'm not so sure. The person did mention that they will give out $ until it runs out, and if other students decided not to go, then the $ goes to someone else. So I am guessing that's why there are people who were accepted in Oct and recently got scholarship. Overall, they really try to help you financially as much as they can.

Thank you so much for the reply!
I guess it has been two weeks from my acceptance call. I really hope I get some kind of scholarship.

2nd tier waitlist just now. Interviewed in early September and finally heard back...

As of this morning, I was placed on the 1st tier waitlist (notified by email). They said they don’t rank students within the tier. Does anyone have a general idea as to my chances of coming off the first tier waitlist? Thanks!

Shucks, 2nd tier waitlist for me too. Gonna take that as no chance of admission. Time to gear up for another application cycle and gap year.

As of this morning, I was placed on the 1st tier waitlist (notified by email). They said they don’t rank students within the tier. Does anyone have a general idea as to my chances of coming off the first tier waitlist? Thanks!

It looks like about 40 people were accepted off the waitlist last year or two years ago. I can't remember. I believe there was also confusion if the first tier waitlist was 40 people or 100 people long. Best of luck to you!

1st tier waitlist this morning (email)! Probably going to draft and send an LOI sometime this week. Fingers crossed!

2nd tier waitlisted. I'm guessing now I have no chance

Shucks, 2nd tier waitlist for me too. Gonna take that as no chance of admission. Time to gear up for another application cycle and gap year.

It looks like about 40 people were accepted off the waitlist last year or two years ago. I can't remember. I believe there was also confusion if the first tier waitlist was 40 people or 100 people long. Best of luck to you!

Just called to get more info. The person I spoke to estimated around 60 people on first tier waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
First tier waitlist, I will be withdrawing soon. Good luck everyone!

I got placed on the 2nd tier waitlist. Any chance of us on there getting in at all?

Last edited:
That seems less than 100 from the past couple of years? Do they plan on adding more people to 1st tier or did they already send all the waitlists today?
Just called to get more info. The person I spoke to estimated around 60 people on first tier waitlist.

I believe all decisions went out today. Do you know if in past years they have ever made it to the 2nd tier waitlist?

Based on SDN it doesn't appear so. However, that might be different in real life. So if you do not have any offers yet (like me, cri) it's best to gear up for another cycle and a gap year.

I just did some math. Assuming hypothetically that only 125 offers have been made and looking at https://www.oakland.edu/Assets/Oakl...ents/faculty/minutes-fa-10-28-16-approved.pdf it would appear that it would be safe to say that there's a good chance that 2nd tier students might get an offer as over all 291 offers were made for 125 seats and according to above tier 1 is approximately 60 seats.

Now, this does make the major assumption that they have only made 125 offers. This also assumes that they will have to make the same amount of offers as previous years. I would not be surprised if the number of offers they have to make goes down.

I will say that based on interview day, Dean K, said that tier 3 is basically a rejection since they have never accepted anyone from a tier 3 waitlist. This seems to suggest that in the past some have been offered a seat from the 2nd tier waitlist. So while it may seem promising, us 2nd tiers may have to go through another cycle.

Reactions: 4 users
I wish there were twitter updates like in the past years.

Does anyone happen to know how many people are placed in the 2nd tier waitlist?

If the first tier waitlist is not ranked within it does that mean people are offered admission randomly from the pile? Or does that mean the adcom send everyone on the first tier an offer?

I would definitely not count on them having made only 125 offers of admission prior to creation of the waitlist. Again I'm a student, not an adcom member, but that seems highly unlikely.

Yeah that was just an at best situation. If i had to gander they probably sent out at least 1.5 times the class size number of offers since they know not everyone will accept.

If the first tier waitlist is not ranked within it does that mean people are offered admission randomly from the pile? Or does that mean the adcom send everyone on the first tier an offer?

From my understanding of other schools that use similar systems they try and pick someone that resembles the person they withdrew in terms of what they offer to the school/community. I could be completely wrong.

Shoot! 3rd tier for me! I was really hoping for this school!

Just got placed on the 1st tier waitlist. Does anyone have any info on whether or not they are receptive to letters of intent and/or updates?

As the interview and application season comes to a close, I know there are many applicants are making their decisions on which school to pick as well as prospective applicants selecting schools to apply to, I want to make myself available for any questions people have about OUWB. I am a recent student/graduate within the last 2 years. I would be happy to answer any questions about the school, curriculum, clinical opportunities at Beaumont, matching, location etc.

Feel free to PM me as well if you prefer anonymity.

Best of luck to all of you.

Reactions: 6 users
I only got loans in my fin aid package :/. Did anyone get something different?

I only got loans in my fin aid package :/. Did anyone get something different?

I also only got loans in my financial aid package :( but kinda expected it because I never got a call about scholarships. I'm really hoping that they still have scholarships to give out though. Even if it's just 1/4 scholarship, I would be content.

Is it common to bring a parent with you to second look? I'm trying to decide whether I should have my mother come with me or go alone...

Does anyone know what the dress requirements are for second look? I couldn't find anything .. is it buisness casual?

Just withdrew my acceptance! This process has been humbling and a blessing and I’m fortunate to be in a place where I’m now able to send my acceptance to one of y’all on the waitlist. I wish you all the best of luck!!! We did it!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my acceptance. Someone should be getting a very generous scholarship ;) Good luck guys!

Reactions: 9 users
Did anyone receive an offer after being placed on the 1st tier waitlist?

Just withdrew my acceptance (LM=72, OOS, non-URM). Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Any hope of hearing more waitlist movement this week? It has been pretty quiet since traffic day here :nailbiting:

I was accepted off the First tear waitlist today! So there is definitely movement going on.
Secondary submitted 8/2/17, II 2/9/18, First tear waitlisted 3/26/18, Accepted today 5/2/18. I'll still need to weigh in my other acceptance, but it's looking more likely that I will be attending OUWB. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted off the First tear waitlist today! So there is definitely movement going on.
Secondary submitted 8/2/17, II 2/9/18, First tear waitlisted 3/26/18, Accepted today 5/2/18. I'll still need to weigh in my other acceptance, but it's looking more likely that I will be attending OUWB. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back! :)
Congrats! Did they call or email you yesterday?

I withdrew my acceptance on traffic day just to update peeps.. Was a hard hard decision but hoping someone gets a bomb scholarship out of my withdrawal. Best of luck to all that go there! Good vibes from the school.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Did they call or email you yesterday?
Thanks! First the phone call. During the phone call, he told me I was about to get an email with all the info

Hey I interviewed same day! If you do attend, see you at OUWB!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if OUWB sends letters of rejection if you are not accepted after being put on the 1st tier waitlist?

Anyone 1st tier waitlisters got an e-mail survey asking if they'll still like to be considered for WL spots? Ugh just gimme an answer already :(

Anyone 1st tier waitlisters got an e-mail survey asking if they'll still like to be considered for WL spots? Ugh just gimme an answer already :(

The email gave me a mini-heart attack lol

Withdrew my spot from 1st tier waitlist yesterday

JUST GOT MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!!! :soexcited:

Edit: got off 1st tier waitlist, OOS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users