-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Ohio State University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted! Interviewed 3/5
Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats?
Deferred. Interviewed 2/28. A little surprised, but I knew the chances of getting out right accepted were slim this late in the game.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
status on vitals "At this time, we have decided to defer a final decision on your application until we have had the opportunity to review more applicants." interview 3/5. absolutely crushed 🙁
It’s alright, I was deferred too. They take a lot of people from the defer list and there will be a lot of movement in the coming weeks.
Also deferred today oos. Any more acceptances/rejections, or were most of us deferred?
they acknowledged my update letter from last week just now-a few schools didn't even respond to ones I sent near the end of interviews last month so who knows if this means something good haha
Thank you! 3.95/516Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats?
Accepted! Got the text from Dr. Capers last night. This is my first acceptance this year and I am SO relieved.
Stats: OOS, nontrad, 3.97, 32 MCAT, interviewed 3/7 (I was called to fill in for someone who cancelled)
Stats: OOS, nontrad, 3.97, 32 MCAT, interviewed 3/7 (I was called to fill in for someone who cancelled)
Congrats!! You're gonna be a doctor!!Accepted! Got the text from Dr. Capers last night. This is my first acceptance this year and I am SO relieved.
Stats: OOS, nontrad, 3.97, 32 MCAT, interviewed 3/7 (I was called to fill in for someone who cancelled)
By the way, how do you know if you were filling in for someone else's spot? Do they straight up tell you that?
Yes. They straight up told me that I was filling in someone else's spot when they invited me to interview.Congrats!! You're gonna be a doctor!!
By the way, how do you know if you were filling in for someone else's spot? Do they straight up tell you that?
Also deffered today. Does anyone know if anyone is outright rejected? I know at the interview day they said you can be but i haven't seen any post about it.Yes. They straight up told me that I was filling in someone else's spot when they invited me to interview.
I was wondering the same thing.Also deffered today. Does anyone know if anyone is outright rejected? I know at the interview day they said you can be but i haven't seen any post about it.
They don’t outright reject anybody right now. MSAR says a 400 person WL so I’m assuming a lot will be thrown on the WLI was wondering the same thing.
Pretty sure they said at the interview day they do reject, no? I imagine its just a relatively small percentage and they arent reported on here.They don’t outright reject anybody right now. MSAR says a 400 person WL so I’m assuming a lot will be thrown on the WL
I have heard anectodal stories of rejection candidates from here and the admissions director, but they seem to be outlier interviews (in a bad way)
There is def going to be a large WL that most wont get off of, but I dont believe we can know where we stand at this point.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So is deferral different than waitlist?
Yeah deferral just means they haven't decided yet if they want you or not. So from deferral you can still end up accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. I believe they said April 5th was the last decision day so we'll get assigned one of those three then.
How confident are you about the April 5th date? Schools can take so much time and I just want to start making plans for next year...Yeah deferral just means they haven't decided yet if they want you or not. So from deferral you can still end up accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. I believe they said April 5th was the last decision day so we'll get assigned one of those three then.
How confident are you about the April 5th date? Schools can take so much time and I just want to start making plans for next year...
I was looking at last year's thread, and it seems April 5th isn't the end date for the deferred list. A lot of people are taken off around May 1st, and the rest are moved to the waitlist which didn't see movement until June-ish.
I was looking at last year's thread, and it seems April 5th isn't the end date for the deferred list. A lot of people are taken off around May 1st, and the rest are moved to the waitlist which didn't see movement until June-ish.
Didn’t realize they could avoid making an initial decision until after April 30 drop date
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How confident are you about the April 5th date? Schools can take so much time and I just want to start making plans for next year...
I'm not sure, I'm just going based off what they told us... but yeah I definitely agree, I really just want to know what school I'm going to
On OSUcollegeofmed Instagram it says registration for second look ends next week. Do people who get acceptances after that date not have an option to attend second look?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Has anyone heard about scholarships?
I would imagine they are already out, except for maybe last minute cancellationsAnybody heard about IIs for next week? Havent seen anybody post about it and everybody that I know who has applied hasnt heard from them/dont have friends who have gotten IIs for next week. Maybe they will go out this weekend very last minute?
Thats what I thought and Im banking on one of the last minute cancellationsI would imagine they are already out, except for maybe last minute cancellations
If youre local, you would probably be on deck. Sending you good vibes!Thats what I thought and Im banking on one of the last minute cancellations
. I told them to give me at least a 2 hour notice to run home and iron my shirt lolIf youre local, you would probably be on deck. Sending you good vibes!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those deferred, do you know where in Vitals to upload updates? Or should be email them to admissions?
email to [email protected] per the websiteFor those deferred, do you know where in Vitals to upload updates? Or should be email them to admissions?
Got a call from a 614 number. The guy said he was calling from OSU and I was freaking out.......turns out they just wanted a donation. I SWEAR I MAY DIE. If I dont get an II here, Im never picking up a 614 number cuz its for donations (just a warning for those who matriculate here: the school will call you at least once a month about a donation)
Can anyone comment on the LSI part 3 16 week advanced competencies? If one chooses an elective in research within this, is it feasible to have a project complete or atleast underway in time to include in residency apps? Or are these usually late in the fourth year?
How many people tend to do clinical research within this, and is it usually all 16 weeks to work on something or is it just a single 4 week block? Thanks.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How many people tend to do clinical research within this, and is it usually all 16 weeks to work on something or is it just a single 4 week block? Thanks.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
FYI its from the same number every time (I now have it memorized) and I just dont pick up those calls anymore.Got a call from a 614 number. The guy said he was calling from OSU and I was freaking out.......turns out they just wanted a donation. I SWEAR I MAY DIE. If I dont get an II here, Im never picking up a 614 number cuz its for donations (just a warning for those who matriculate here: the school will call you at least once a month about a donation)
I thought it was gonna be like "hi this is Georgia and we want you to come thru on wedneday" but instead they wanted me to donate and Im like.......I literally work here and they dont pay me enough to have any money to donate but thanks tho.FYI its from the same number every time (I now have it memorized) and I just dont pick up those calls anymore.
If they keep calling me, I will eventually pick up and be like:I thought it was gonna be like "hi this is Georgia and we want you to come thru on wedneday" but instead they wanted me to donate and Im like.......I literally work here and they dont pay me enough to have any money to donate but thanks tho.
“Hi, I am about to go a quarter- to half-million in debt for medical school, so as you can imagine I am not in position to make any donations right now. So you could you please put me on a do not call list for about 20 years or so?
Unless of course you can convince the med school to let me in, in which case I pinky swear I will pass on all my savings to you!”
"Hello but I already made a $100 one time donation to OSU and the College of Medicine".If they keep calling me, I will eventually pick up and be like:
“Hi, I am about to go a quarter- to half-million in debt for medical school, so as you can imagine I am not in position to make any donations right now. So you could you please put me on a do not call list for about 20 years or so?
Unless of course you can convince the med school to let me in, in which case I pinky swear I will pass on all my savings to you!”
Any merit scholarships offered yet?
How long does it take to receive financial aid information?
If only more people were like you and withdrew there acceptances earlier than April 30th, people like me would know what to do with our lives. Just wondering where are you going instead?Withdrawing my acceptance. Goodluck to y'all on the waitlist!
If only more people were like you and withdrew there acceptances earlier than April 30th, people like me would know what to do with our lives. Just wondering where are you going instead?
Yea lol there is no point sitting on it if you know you aren't going there. Mayo (AZ)
Goodluck!!!
Soooo.... anybody with any inside knowledge on how the rest of the cycle goes here? I saw above that maybe there was a meeting April 6th. Is that a meeting where they review everybody again and make final decisions that will be updated after traffic day April 30? Or is it just a normal short-ish meeting where they review the most recent interviewees and maybe a few deferred candidates, and then they'll have another meeting near the end of this month or after April 30? I have an update I'm getting ready to submit and I'm wondering if I should make sure to get it in ASAP if this is their last last meeting...
I have in my notes that deferred applicants will be given an acceptance/rejection/waitlist on April 5th. I know before I was deferred they said the committee was meeting on the Monday the week before they released decisions, so they might have already met? I would submit the update.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really?! Wow that's great news. Stoked for April 5th!I have in my notes that deferred applicants will be given an acceptance/rejection/waitlist on April 5th. I know before I was deferred they said the committee was meeting on the Monday the week before they released decisions, so they might have already met? I would submit the update.
Are interviews over already?
Yes, the last day was March 28th.Are interviews over already?
I have in my notes that deferred applicants will be given an acceptance/rejection/waitlist on April 5th. I know before I was deferred they said the committee was meeting on the Monday the week before they released decisions, so they might have already met? I would submit the update.
This just skyrocketed my anxiety lol.
Damn they couldn't even update my vitals portal with the R?Yes, the last day was March 28th.