2017-2018 Ohio State University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn they couldn't even update my vitals portal with the R?
As stated above, they will be making decisions for deferred applicants tomorrow so Im assuming they will roll out rejections for us also (which I will frame next to my OSU diploma ayyy)
 
As stated above, they will be making decisions for deferred applicants tomorrow so Im assuming they will roll out rejections for us also (which I will frame next to my OSU diploma ayyy)

Thought it wasn’t necessarily tomorrow for deferred but by end of April. Could be wrong tho


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As stated above, they will be making decisions for deferred applicants tomorrow so Im assuming they will roll out rejections for us also (which I will frame next to my OSU diploma ayyy)
Wait this is confusing. I thought you can only be deferred if you were offered an interview?
 
Wait this is confusing. I thought you can only be deferred if you were offered an interview?
I mean those of us who didn’t get an II will get our rejection finally since they send them at the end, presumably around the same time deferred people hear back about their WL/Rejection/Acceptance
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hope you got the A elsewhere. If you got an II at OSU you probably do. Regardless, not getting into preferred school is sub optimal.
Yeah you would think i would have an A but unfortunately not. 95 %ile mcat near 4.0 gpa and nothing.
 
Yeah you would think i would have an A but unfortunately not. 95 %ile mcat near 4.0 gpa and nothing.
Hey man. I know how frustrating this whole process is but keep grinding. I didn't get in last year with similar stats and I was miserable for awhile. I felt so hopeless I almost didn't reapply. It was so frustrating to have the grades and still not get in. But I ended working on my EC's and improved my app and finally got in. I hope that you get in this year. I'm sure you still have a great chance with those stats but if not, I'm sure with some improvements in your app you'll get in the next time you apply. A lot of doctors (especially nowadays) don't get in the first time around.
 
Hello,
If you guys don't mind answering, what were you GPAs for undergrad? Because my MCAT score is 512, but my GPA is a 3.2. OSUCOM is the only medical school I am really interested in so I want to know my chances of getting referred to the MEDPATH program if I'm not competitive for matriculating to the COM. Also I was considering applying to the early decision option for OSUCOM since it's the only program I am interested it. Is that a good idea even though I'm not the most competitive applicant?
I am from a disadvantage background.
 
Hello,
If you guys don't mind answering, what were you GPAs for undergrad? Because my MCAT score is 512, but my GPA is a 3.2. OSUCOM is the only medical school I am really interested in so I want to know my chances of getting referred to the MEDPATH program if I'm not competitive for matriculating to the COM. Also I was considering applying to the early decision option for OSUCOM since it's the only program I am interested it. Is that a good idea even though I'm not the most competitive applicant?
I am from a disadvantage background.
I would reach out to the admissions office. They are very helpful and can give you better advice than anyone here.
 
For all 'defered' post II-

I just called the admissions office about status changes- we will not be notified of any changes so our portals will still say 'defered' but we will be put on the alternate list on April 30th. She said there wont be much movement before May 1st but the first two weeks there is a lot of movement.

Pretty much unless we get an acceptance they will not be in contact with us. Hooray.

Crossing my fingers for some news early May!
 
For all 'defered' post II-

I just called the admissions office about status changes- we will not be notified of any changes so our portals will still say 'defered' but we will be put on the alternate list on April 30th. She said there wont be much movement before May 1st but the first two weeks there is a lot of movement.

Pretty much unless we get an acceptance they will not be in contact with us. Hooray.

Crossing my fingers for some news early May!
Thanks for the update - really helpful!
 
thank you for calling them! I am still super hopeful about potential WL movement in May. PLEASE OSUUUUUUUUUUUU LOVE ME

I am also very very hopeful! Crossing my fingers! I loved this school! I looked up the MSAR data and there is between a 25-50% chance of getting off the WL depending on the year. Not great not terrible ~50 students off the WL matriculate each year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those wondering about financial aid, I was able to log onto my BuckeyeLink and view my total loans, grants, and scholarships that I will be receiving next year!
 
For those wondering about financial aid, I was able to log onto my BuckeyeLink and view my total loans, grants, and scholarships that I will be receiving next year!

How did you find it? I’m on buckeyelink.osu.edu, what do I do after I login?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Has anyone seen the academic calendar for 2018-2019? Trying to figure out some summer travel and need to know when orientation starts.
 
Has anyone seen the academic calendar for 2018-2019? Trying to figure out some summer travel and need to know when orientation starts.

I don’t know about a full calendar but white coat/first day of orientation is August 6th


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
For those wondering about financial aid, I was able to log onto my BuckeyeLink and view my total loans, grants, and scholarships that I will be receiving next year!
Where did you find the login information? I was emailed the link, but cannot sign in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you find it? I’m on buckeyelink.osu.edu, what do I do after I login?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After you log in, you need to click on a link that says financial aid. Then there will be another link to view your aid for the 2018-2019 school year!
 
Just wanted to leave a quick message to those of you still on the wait list. I received my II from OSU in December and was waitlisted shortly after. In June I received a call from Ms. Georgia and now almost a full year later here I am at the end of my first year at THE Ohio State University College of Medicine. If any of you all were like me (zero acceptances and hoping for a miracle at this point in the cycle) just know that they do happen and there are SUBSTANTIAL amount of people in medical school who came off the waitlist. So keep your head up and if you have any questions (**NON ADMISSIONS RELATED**) feel free to PM me!!!!