2017-2018 Ohio State University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi does anyone have any waitlist info for this school? Like if its ranked or the movement speed? Interviewed 10/3 and waitlisted beginning of March 🙁(( +pissed+
 
Ok quick question - so are some people still deferred while others are now waitlisted, or are those terms being used interchangeably? I’ve been deferred since mid-November, and I guess I don’t know if I should consider myself “waitlisted.” Top choice!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok quick question - so are some people still deferred while others are now waitlisted, or are those terms being used interchangeably? I’ve been deferred since mid-November, and I guess I don’t know if I should consider myself “waitlisted.” Top choice!
I think its the same at this point because they send out decisions about 2 weeks after interviews and their interviews ended a bit ago so I dont think they will be sending out decisions until they see how many spots are left after traffic day.
 
Accepted via phone call!! Interviewed mid March, was deferred, OOS
IM SO EXCITED!!!!!
+1!!! Very excited. Now have to figure out if I’m keeping this or the acceptance I was holding onto. I’m trying to get a financial aid package to help with the decision. I’m assuming since we’re deferred first then accepted so late we probly won’t be getting any kind of admissions scholarship?
 
+1!!! Very excited. Now have to figure out if I’m keeping this or the acceptance I was holding onto. I’m trying to get a financial aid package to help with the decision. I’m assuming since we’re deferred first then accepted so late we probly won’t be getting any kind of admissions scholarship?

I am not so sure— hopefully they still have some merit based scholarship left to hand out!
 
What does the number show up as when they call? Because I just missed a call while I was in the shower from "The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center."
The voicemail started out with "Hi Eleithyia," but they was just a bunch of ads for various departments
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does the number show up as when they call? Because I just missed a call while I was in the shower from "The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center."
The voicemail started out with "Hi Eleithyia," but they was just a bunch of ads for various departments
Has your vitals status changed?
 
Just as an update, I was deferred in February and received an acceptance call yesterday afternoon so it's not just April interviewees. Also, the number just showed up as the generic Wexner Medical Center one when I received the call. Once you're invited to an interview, you've got about a 50/50 shot of landing an acceptance so there's still a good chance, even if you're deferred initially!
 
What does the number show up as when they call? Because I just missed a call while I was in the shower from "The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center."
The voicemail started out with "Hi Eleithyia," but they was just a bunch of ads for various departments

It was a generic number for Wexner Medical Center that ends in 5000
 
Somehow managed to totally miss the phone call, but Vitals updated this morning and I'm accepted!
Did you get an email saying vitals was updated? I had two missed calls from an Columbus, Ohio number ending in 5000 yesterday but I haven't received any other info from the school so I'm not sure if it was actually them lol
 
Hi there, I know that there's going to be movement now off the deferred/ waitlist during these coming weeks, but do you think OSU would still accept letters of intent or update letters? If so, how would I go about writing one, would it be just an email or do I formally write a letter and mail it to them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there, I know that there's going to be movement now off the deferred/ waitlist during these coming weeks, but do you think OSU would still accept letters of intent or update letters? If so, how would I go about writing one, would it be just an email or do I formally write a letter and mail it to them?
I wrote a letter of intent, I don't know if it helped or not but it cant hurt!
 
A friend of mine who was wailtisted at OSU twice said you don't see much waitlist movement until June. I think the threads from years past confirm it as well from what I remember.
Really? that seems unusual...

Also, damnit. I was just starting to move on and be happy about where I am almost certainly going. Now I might be talking myself back into “well, maybe its not over yet at OSU...”

Damn this whole process lol
 
I thought most of the movement was in May right after people drop but I think some people still hold acceptances at MD and DO and that kind of slows down this process.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad