2017-2018 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m pretty sure admin has one too. I wouldn’t expect anything this week, and if you hear something then consider it a spring surprise

I figured as much once I realized what this week was

Members don't see this ad.

Is the administration on spring break this week as well? I saw on the academic calendar that they it looks like students have one this week

Admin is there this week!! saw them in the flesh yesterday.

Reactions: 1 user
Just sent an update to Lindsey last night. She replied early this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like they will be working through spring break.

is anyone concerned of the comlex 1 pass rate?
  • 2016 - 2017: 82.57%
  • 2015 - 2016: 77.06%
  • 2014 - 2015: 89.19%
  • 2013 - 2014: 93.62%

No. The recent group of test takers just had a 97% pass rate from what I've been told. Consider the problem fixed, also boards are on you as a student

Reactions: 2 users

If you are failing boards its because of you. Not the school.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone from the week of March 5th interviews hear anything? Feeling anxious!

Anyone from the week of March 5th interviews hear anything? Feeling anxious!

Anxiety? Welcome to the club. Maybe we can start a focus group? This whole process has been psychologically taxing for me.

OOS incoming OMS-I here. Social 23 y/o guy with a dog fetish who needs his personal space to recharge. Reach out if you’re potentially looking for a roommate; I’m thinking about moving in early July, need to explore Tulsa some more so might be down a few times in May/June (home home is 2 hrs away). All genders welcome.

Anxiety? Welcome to the club. Maybe we can start a focus group? This whole process has been psychologically taxing for me.
I know right, I heard the wait would be around 2 weeks, but it feels like forever. If you don’t mind me asking when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed the week of the March 5th. Hopefully you’ll hear something good soon. And who knows, I might still get in later!

Im sorry to hear that, but keep your head up! I’ve had many friends get in after being waitlisted. May I ask when you interviewed? I’m still waiting to hear back.

Has anyone here been accepted from the waitlist?

Does anyone know if they are still sending interviews? I was complete in September, updated the portal once in January and still haven't heard anything

Does anyone know if they are still sending interviews? I was complete in September, updated the portal once in January and still haven't heard anything

Yes, my friend informed me over this past weekend he received an interview for April 10.

The admission dept had been so difficult for me to contact. Anyone have an experience with GPA recalculation? I wish I would have saved a PDF of my app from last year which had the calculations.

I'm late getting to you, but they recalculated my GPA. DM me if you want details

Interviewed March 16th and received acceptance call around March 28th with a 3.4 GPA and 509 MCAT. Can't wait to see you guys there!

Reactions: 1 users
If you’re on the waitlist it’s not all doom and gloom. We had people getting pulled off of it during orientation week.

If you’re on the waitlist it’s not all doom and gloom. We had people getting pulled off of it during orientation week.

I'm still optimistic here. Applicants with multiple acceptances have looming decisions to make, but being stuck in limbo leaves me uncertain what to do while I'm waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
How will loss of this federal funding affect OSU med students? Oklahoma Medical Schools To Lose Federal Funding - News9.com

We aren’t sure. We doubt it’s going to affect medical students directly but it could impact residencies pretty heavily. It doesn’t just affect us either, OU will be hit just as hard if a solution isn’t found within the next two years. There is currently enough funds to make it to 2019 sova solutuon needs to be found before then.

Is it worth applying if I'm OOS with 3.90+ and 500-505 MCAT? 2000+ clinical hours and 200 volunteer?

Is it worth applying if I'm OOS with 3.90+ and 500-505 MCAT? 2000+ clinical hours and 200 volunteer?

Yes, as long as you can write an essay to fit the mission

For OOS applicants, do you get in-state tuition after the first year? I'm not sure what the rule is for this in Oklahoma. Thanks!