2017-2018 Pennsylvania State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the II! Stats and complete date? Also was this email or portal?
check dm.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the significance of the post-interview survey? I just realized I hadn't finished it and it has been about 2 weeks since my interview. I'm going to finish it now, but wondering if this will hurt my chances of receiving an acceptance. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Does anyone know the significance of the post-interview survey? I just realized I hadn't finished it and it has been about 2 weeks since my interview. I'm going to finish it now, but wondering if this will hurt my chances of receiving an acceptance. Thanks and good luck everyone!

I haven't heard of any issues people have had because of filling it out late, but that does not mean there aren't any. I think last year a few people posted about doing it past 2 weeks in the thread, but nobody said it hurt their chances. I imagine it isn't an acceptance-killer, but there is no way to really know what it means unless you work at Admissions I imagine.

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning. ~69 LM, non-URM, PA resident. Complete 10/11. My condolences to those who have been placed on hold or who have yet to hear back. Hang in there!

Reactions: 9 users
Just curious, anyone who applied to one of the accelerated programs get an interview yet?

8/5 and silence. No news is good news....at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Reactions: 4 users
Was there a consensus as to whether a hold was a good thing or a bad thing at this school? Sitting on silence over here, complete 8/7.

Reactions: 1 users
Just curious, anyone who applied to one of the accelerated programs get an interview yet?
Not sure if this means I "applied" to the program since the process is somewhat obscure, but I marked down interest in a few of the accelerated programs and interviewed back in late September.

Not sure if this means I "applied" to the program since the process is somewhat obscure, but I marked down interest in a few of the accelerated programs and interviewed back in late September.

You can only apply to the accelerated program after getting accepted

Sorry, I knew that; poorly worded question. Thanks for the responses.

I'll be the first to ask...anyone know when those who interviewed will start to hear back? Interviewed 9/6

Placed on hold today. Ironically, I was happy to finally get an email from a school after so long.

Reactions: 1 users
Placed on hold yesterday LizzyM 72-73 complete mid August. Anyone know about how many people came off hold last year?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 8/22, just waiting for my hold at this point haha

I'll be the first to ask...anyone know when those who interviewed will start to hear back? Interviewed 9/6

Granted, this is from last year but I interviewed on 9/9 and received an acceptance on 11/3. I remember being one of the first people (if not the first) to post on the school thread about being accepted so it might have been one of the first waves sent out (to be fair, many many applicants do not post on SDN so take that with a grain of salt - by no means am I saying I was their first acceptance of the season).

Anyone know if they accept updates? I'm not seeing anything about their policy regarding updates on their website or portal

"During the application submission/review process, only official transcripts can be accepted as application updates. After April 30, if you are still interested in being considered for admission to the College of Medicine and your application is still active, you may augment your file to that end."

Reactions: 2 users
Would you mind sharing the website link with this info? I'm curious to know which page I missed on their site.
I was put on hold and got this message in an e-mail from PSU. "We will not accept application updates, letters of intent, or additional letters of recommendation.'

II this AM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Think it’s worth applying? I filled out my secondary but was waiting for the funds to submit. I feel like it’s pretty late, but I just now have the money to submit it.

Think it’s worth applying? I filled out my secondary but was waiting for the funds to submit. I feel like it’s pretty late, but I just now have the money to submit it.
Go for it. I have a friend who submitted all her secondaries in November, scored a 29 (505-507ish I think)on her mcat, and got into every school she applied to (9).

Reactions: 3 users
Go for it. I have a friend who submitted all her secondaries in November, scored a 29 (505-507ish I think)on her mcat, and got into every school she applied to (9).
That's so crazy! I guess I'll stop being worried about submitting my applications in mid august...?

Hey thanks! I submitted em yesterday with an email saying why. I apppreciate the response.

That's so crazy! I guess I'll stop being worried about submitting my applications in mid august...?
I wouldn't worry. I submitted all my secondaries in September and have 2 interviews. I'm really hoping to get one at Penn so we will see. Its still pretty early for people who submitted a little later.

complete 8/11; just silence. anyone? anyone?

Placed on now, complete 08/02. (Maybe they sensed that I was an OSU fan ;))

On hold. I'm just glad someone read my app. :)

Anyone know of success rates of getting an II after being on hold here?

II today. Secondary completed on 10/7. 3.9 sGPA, 3.5 non-scienceGPA (So low overall due to transfer credits). 507 MCAT and that is even with a 122 on CARS. So even if you bomb a section, seems like there is still hope!

Reactions: 9 users
I realized that penn state only review apps on Mondays! either Hold/Rejection/II. Silence since July....:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Reactions: 3 users
II today. Secondary completed on 10/7. 3.9 sGPA, 3.5 non-scienceGPA (So low overall due to transfer credits). 507 MCAT and that is even with a 122 on CARS. So even if you bomb a section, seems like there is still hope!
Thats awesome, congrats. My CARS wasn't the hottest either lol!

Anyone accepted/interviewed/really like the school willing to share some school specific advice?

Hey I'll be interviewing here next week and was wondering what types of questions other than the general (why med, strengths/weaknesses, stuff from my app) I should prepare for? Any particular reason why you guys like Penn State over other schools?

Really appreciate any insight! :)

Anyone accepted/interviewed/really like the school willing to share some school specific advice?

Hey I'll be interviewing here next week and was wondering what types of questions other than the general (why med, strengths/weaknesses, stuff from my app) I should prepare for? Any particular reason why you guys like Penn State over other schools?

Really appreciate any insight! :)

I would appreciate some insight as well!

Accepted!!! Interviewed 9/8/17 :)

Reactions: 17 users
waitlisted/put on hold post II. Interviewed 9/18. congrats to all who were accepted!