2017-2018 Quinnipiac University (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks. That sounds the same as last year, I wonder if they updated it yet.
A lot of schools' didnt change it seems like. Moreover, the interview packet with schools' stats you get at interview day were always different than what MSAR had. This was true for Netter too.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone thinking more post II decisions might come out today?

Reactions: 1 user
Axed this morning pre-II. Complete early August, so kinda obvio this was coming

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary back in August, still have not received pre-II R..

Isn't their interview season over???

Rejected pre-II today. Good luck to everyone accepted or still in the running!

Rejected pre-II. Waitlisted last year. Schools make no sense

Rejected Pre-II. LM 68. Had ties to QU. Really disappointed.

anyone have any idea how many people they interviewed this cycle? It seems like they've interviewed less each year as last year was 520 down from 615. Just curious/trying to gauge my chances off of the waitlist as now I'm on multiple WLs...I don't think the WL has a ton of people either since they seem to reject a decent amount post-II too

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew! Hope my spot goes to someone who will appreciate it :). Quinnipiac is a beautiful, warm, and inviting place.

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew! Hope my spot goes to someone who will appreciate it :). Quinnipiac is a beautiful, warm, and inviting place.
Agree 100% - withdrew my acceptance last night - really loved the University and the people, though!! Good luck to all!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else heard back from late feb/early march interviews?

I found something interesting- I did a quick search for "reject" on the thread from last year and it seems like nobody posted they were rejected post-II only pre-II. I know this is a small sample size but maybe they didnt actually straight out reject people post interview in the past?

Hopefully that means the WL is smaller now than in years past since they reject post-II now and someone also mentioned previously Dr. Yeckel said there would hopefully be some significant movement. I'm on 3 WL I hope I get off at least one I keep speculating haha

Edit: I found a few (2) post-II rejections from 2015-2016 but none from last year so who knows

I found something interesting- I did a quick search for "reject" on the thread from last year and it seems like nobody posted they were rejected post-II only pre-II. I know this is a small sample size but maybe they didnt actually straight out reject people post interview in the past?

Hopefully that means the WL is smaller now than in years past since they reject post-II now and someone also mentioned previously Dr. Yeckel said there would hopefully be some significant movement. I'm on 3 WL I hope I get off at least one I keep speculating haha

Edit: I found a few (2) post-II rejections from 2015-2016 but none from last year so who knows
Just to note, it seems last year also that no one was pulled from the waitlist at all. So maybe a WL is a soft rejection here?

Just to note, it seems last year also that no one was pulled from the waitlist at all. So maybe a WL is a soft rejection here?

Hm yea idk maybe they changed how they do post-II decisions this year but the year before (2016) a ton of people got off the WL too, it actually seems smart for a newer school to not reject people post-II the first few cycles since they have no idea what their yield will be but maybe now they have estimates so they can safely reject post-II and have a regular WL

Last edited:
Wait listed this morning. Does anyone know if we can ask what our rank is ?

I emailed them to ask about the rank. Their class is probably full at this point but I hope we both hear good news after April 30th!
Let me know what they end up telling you, I’d kill to get off this waitlist!

Should we have heard back about scholarships by now?

I called the FinAid office last week--expect to receive finaid/scholarship info after Second Look weekend, sometime between mid- and end of April.

Can any current students pm me? I have a few questions. Thanks!

How was second look, guys? I couldn’t attend unfortunately but I’m really curious what it was like.

Reactions: 3 users
Can any current students pm me? I have a few questions. Thanks!

I just started my third year, so I can mostly speak to the first two years only, but feel free to shoot me your questions.

I just started my third year, so I can mostly speak to the first two years only, but feel free to shoot me your questions.

thoughts on professors? are they approachable,/friendly or intimidating af? any particularly good ones or particularly bad ones?

Can you talk about how you studied? Did you attend lectures or watch from home? What resources (books, study guides, question banks) did you find most helpful? Thank you!

Does anyone remember when they said we would hear about scholarships?

Financial aid is in the financial aid self service log in. I got 100% loans, but it doesn't even come close to matching the COA or even Tuition for that matter so I am kind of confused.

Financial aid is in the financial aid self service log in. I got 100% loans, but it doesn't even come close to matching the COA or even Tuition for that matter so I am kind of confused.

Same here! Can someone explain?

Same here! Can someone explain?
This is your unsubsidized federal loan. The remainder must come from Graduate PLUS loans, which can be applied for via the school's financial aid website (not the self service portal, just the regular website). Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Data Form | Quinnipiac University School of Medicine

Last edited:
I remember reading somewhere that we were supposed to hear back on or before April 15th.....maybe they meant 2019?
The financial aid awards are in. I'm just assuming that since there was no mention of a scholarship award that I didn't receive any.

The financial aid awards are in. I'm just assuming that since there was no mention of a scholarship award that I didn't receive any.
I just spoke to the financial aid office and they said recipients have been chosen for the scholarships. If you were chosen it would show up under the financial aid awards

So extremely fortunate to have received one of the scholarships. It does show up under the awards.

Does anyone remember when they said we would hear about scholarships?
When I asked the fin aid office told me it would be in the middle of April, and if not it would certainly be before the 30th
So extremely fortunate to have received one of the scholarships. It does show up under the awards.
I am a little lost, hoping you can help. Where exactly are you accessing your fin aid info? Also, congrats on recieiving a scholarship!!

When I asked the fin aid office told me it would be in the middle of April, and if not it would certainly be before the 30th

I am a little lost, hoping you can help. Where exactly are you accessing your fin aid info? Also, congrats on recieiving a scholarship!!
Did you set up your Q-start account? Just login and there will be specific instructions on how to find it. It took me a while to figure out. Feel free to message me if you are still having trouble!

Did you set up your Q-start account? Just login and there will be specific instructions on how to find it. It took me a while to figure out. Feel free to message me if you are still having trouble!
Thank you!!

Congrats to the scholarship winners.

Did anyone get both stafford loan and grad plus loan offers? I’ve only gotten the stafford and I was wondering if that means they didn’t find me eligible for grad plus.

I spoke to Carmela and she said Grad plus does not get set up for a little while as it is early in the game. QU does not have an online service for Grad plus so it goes through this paper filing that they figure out the amount you are supposed to take for it

Disappointed I didn't receive a scholarship, but this means there will be some excitement for someone else on the waitlist! Just declined my acceptance. Good luck to those waiting.

Reactions: 5 users
Just withdrew my acceptance as well. Hope it goes to one of you guys on the waitlist!