2017-2018 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! and my burning question is... how much of the alternate checklist did you get through?
Deadass, none lol. I filled out the academic styles survey but still hasn't been acknowledged as received. The only checklist boxes that were complete was the alt. List response form

Members don't see this ad.

Deadass, none lol. I filled out the academic styles survey but still hasn't been acknowledged as received. The only checklist boxes that were complete was the alt. List response form
love it haha so ill take my form filling a little more casually then...

love it haha so ill take my form filling a little more casually then...
I called and they told me how fast you fill it out really wont impact their decision just an fyi also !

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am OOS on the alternate list i am assuming that negatively impacts my chances, what does everyone think?

Accepted off alt list this week.

Any current students have insight on the dorms at downstate? Really I just want to know the odds of M1s being in the double standard room. Is it likely or unlikely unless requested?
Congratulations! Mind if I ask you if you sent any letters of intent/interest before/during the waitlist?

Has anyone emailed/called downstate regarding where they stand on the alt list? Does anyone know if they are receptive to this?

Accepted off alt list yesterday!
Interviewied 2/15, P2P 5/3, Alt 5/18.

Congrats! It seems like they are going in order since alot of people who interviewed in feb. are getting accepted recently.
I interviewed in January and alt listed 5/2. Hope this doesn't mean I got skipped over!

Has anyone called to inquire about movement and/or their spot on the waitlist? Do you know if they are receptive to those types of calls?

Has anyone emailed/called downstate regarding where they stand on the alt list? Does anyone know if they are receptive to this?
I asked they said they can't tell you where you are on the waitlist and that it continues until the first day of classes (Aug 7th I believe)

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted last week! Wait listed the week before

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for the class of 2022? Or a good way to find roommates?

Weirdly enough, I definitely filled out the Study Styles Inventory, last week, and just to make sure I clicked on it and it said I had already filled it out. Then when I went back to check on it today, it didn't say that I had already filled out out, so I'm filling it out again.

Question: I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a pharmacy with the meningitis vaccine; I called one Duane Reade that did have it, and they said I didn't need a prescription for it, but then when I went in they said I did need a prescription for it. I'm sure I've gotten the vaccine before, but I don't have evidence that I've gotten it within the past 5 years. Is it a red flag if I don't get it before matriculating (I'd be happy to get it, if I can find a place/if Downstate wants to give it to me!).

I don't know if you live nearby but the student health center has a lot of free vaccines. I got my hepatitis B one there and it was great because ordinarily my insurance charges $60 for it.

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group for the class of 2022? Or a good way to find roommates?
There's a Downstate Marketplace FB page where you can see who's looking for roommates/apartments

Did anyone get their NetID password to access banner self-service to view financial aid package?

Did anyone get their NetID password to access banner self-service to view financial aid package?

I think it’s the same password they have to check the alternate/accepted checklist portal. That’s what worked for me.

Just got re-sent the alternate list username and password emails again? I am assuming I'm not special, but secretly hoping :banana:

Just got re-sent the alternate list username and password emails again? I am assuming I'm not special, but secretly hoping :banana:
I think it just means we should fill it out the forms if we want a chance at the alternate list.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know by when an OOS needs to sign a lease to be considered for IS tuition next year?

Does anyone know by when an OOS needs to sign a lease to be considered for IS tuition next year?
You need 12 consecutive months with a NY address to apply for the IS tuition.

Withdrew! Hope it goes to one of you.

Anyone who keeps kosher looking for a roommate for the dorms? Please pm me!

can any current students chime in- do you recommend living in the on campus apartments for first year? Will it make it easier to meet people? Do a lot of first years live on campus? Thanks.

At this point, are all the seats filled in this class? I heard some schools still have seats open but I was wondering about this one.

Accepted off the alt list!

EDIT: here’s my info—
Interview: 10/23
Peer convo: 1/29
HFS: 2/5
Alt list: 5/3
Acceptance: 6/7
LizzyM: 69

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else on the alternate list get an email saying all items on the checklist are due by July 1st?

Did anyone else on the alternate list get an email saying all items on the checklist are due by July 1st?
I got that email right now. Are they expecting us to email a deposit without even being offered a seat? Also, how can we get the acceptance response form and white coat form?

I got that email right now. Are they expecting us to email a deposit without even being offered a seat? Also, how can we get the acceptance response form and white coat form?
Yeah, I think its absolutely ridiculous that they want us to get all that done as alternate list applicants. My health insurance won't get renewed until July 1st, so I don't have insurance this month. So half those health forms will be annoying as hell to fill out.

I’m surprised I was accepted here. During the interview day lunch another interviewee asked if anyone wanted his banana. Without thinking I said to him, “no thanks I never touch another man’s banana.” It got some laughs but I was seriously kicking myself for that crack afterwords as it was a little distasteful

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted from alt list at 9:33a

OOS
Interviewed 4/5
P2P 4/26
Alt List 5/16
Completed nothing on alt list checklist

Anyone who's planning on attending the operation success summer program heard anything back regarding scheduling?

Anyone who's planning on attending the operation success summer program heard anything back regarding scheduling?
Hey, yes. I received an email today at 4:12PM . Feel free to send me a private message if you did not receive the email/ want more dets, but it was addressed to all participants. Take care!

Hey, yes. I received an email today at 4:12PM . Feel free to send me a private message if you did not receive the email/ want more dets, but it was addressed to all participants. Take care!

Yes! I just saw it. Thanks very much and looking forward to meeting all of ya'll!

For the health forms do we just email them to the student health email address? Also did anyone find out if BLS is really required for alternate list people? The reminder emails seem to say that everything needs to be in by July 1.