2017-2018 University of Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed on 10/20 and just got told I’ve been waitlisted 12/18.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

In 2 days it will officially be 2 months since my interview. I am not sure how I feel about that. I am really hoping the long wait ends with good news. I really want to attend this school. I would thrive in it. My heart is set on this school. I know that's probably not smart but I can't help it. I am really hoping to hear good news from them soon. I am fairly patient but the wait is making me slightly anxious at this point.

Have you given them a call over at Admissions? I'm sure you know the situation better than I, but they might be able to give you a clearer timeline or at least some reassurance that indicates how behind they are.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if anyone has heard anything about deposits? I definitely don't want to miss any payments/forms and accidentally lose my seat!!

Wondering if anyone has heard anything about deposits? I definitely don't want to miss any payments/forms and accidentally lose my seat!!
I got an email yesterday with an acknowledgement of my accepting their offer and that more info about paying the deposit was coming soon. "Until then no further action on your part is necessary." Hope that helps!

Yeah I got that email a few weeks ago...just wanted to make sure nothing else came through. Thank you so much! :)

II today!! my first one so currently crying, scheduled it for 1/27, was complete ridiculously late bc I took the October CASPer

Reactions: 8 users
II today! Was complete early September and had almost given up hope. Looks like I'll be planning a ski trip early Feb!!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Were we supposed to send thank you notes to this school??

I hope not. Not sure why an MMI interview school would expect thank you notes anyway.
For some of my other MMI's I distinctly remember them saying that you could just upload a "generic" thank you to the portal for all of your interviewers. I have no recollection of anything being said at this school. (I don't take down any interview notes, and this interview was sandwhiched in the same week of 2 other interviews so it's all kind of a blur tbh.) Im just remembering now because I just sent a thank you to another school and was going through all my thank-you notes to other schools to realize I don't have one for UVM. I interviewed in early Dec.

I didn’t send a thank you to UVM, then freaked out when I saw weeks later that they accept them sent to admissions. Still got in, so I think you guys are fine.

I got rejected from here today :(. I felt like I did well on my interview day. I guess I just have to hold my head high and improve myself as an applicant for next year. Still hopeful from other schools though. Got one more interview left.

I got rejected from here today :(. I felt like I did well on my interview day. I guess I just have to hold my head high and improve myself as an applicant for next year. Still hopeful from other schools though. Got one more interview left.

So sorry to hear :(
When did you interview

Complete mid-Oct. Should I be giving up hope?

Interviewing here tomorrow. Anyone have any tips for interview day?

Reactions: 1 user
I recieved an II last week and am scheduled for 2/9. Is it possible that anyone that has interviewed can tell me what kind of MMI the school gives? Like will I have to work with an actor or is it just a conversation with a single person?

Also is there a more traditional interview where I sit with someone who will ask me questions about why I want to be a doctor or will grill me about why my grades were bad one semester of college?

I just want to know how I can prepare since this is my only interview and it may be my only chance this cycle.

I recieved an II last week and am scheduled for 2/9. Is it possible that anyone that has interviewed can tell me what kind of MMI the school gives? Like will I have to work with an actor or is it just a conversation with a single person?

Also is there a more traditional interview where I sit with someone who will ask me questions about why I want to be a doctor or will grill me about why my grades were bad one semester of college?

I just want to know how I can prepare since this is my only interview and it may be my only chance this cycle.
Answering a lot of your specific questions would probably violate the NDA but I've had 4 MMIs so far and they have all been pretty similar, including U Vermont. There is not much you can do to prepare for it, as most will tell you. It's important to be as relaxed as possible and have a good time. Aspects of the day are pretty fun and you should try to enjoy yourself. It's a great school and the people are nice.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

has anyone sent an update and the office accepted it? I searched here and cant find a good answer and I emailed the office just to ask a few days ago with no response so I have no idea

has anyone sent an update and the office accepted it? I searched here and cant find a good answer and I emailed the office just to ask a few days ago with no response so I have no idea
I sent an update and I think it was accepted? I got an II shortly after

Just received an II!

Reactions: 3 users
Approximately what time does the interview day end? I'm trying to finalize travel plans. Thank you!

Does anyone know when early December interviewees can expect to hear back?

II as well! Complete early September. LM ~68

Reactions: 2 users
I sent an update and I think it was accepted? I got an II shortly after

Good to know! Was it a substantial update? I was hoping to send an update and/or LOI but in their confirmation email that my secondary application was rec'd it said there isn't a need to send updates unless specifically requested. I didn't know how to interpret that...

Does anyone know when early December interviewees can expect to hear back?

Well, the 11/10 interviewees are supposed to hear back before the end of the month, so probably some time after that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Good to know! Was it a substantial update? I was hoping to send an update and/or LOI but in their confirmation email that my secondary application was rec'd it said there isn't a need to send updates unless specifically requested. I didn't know how to interpret that...

I asked in an email and still no response so I have no idea, I probably should wait until I hear something before I send an update email again

Congrats! What dates are being offered? And does anybody know how long they interview till? Starting to lose hope...
Earliest date for mine was 1/27 but they had dates all the way until the end of Feb!

For those of you who submitted updates, did you just send them to the admissions email?

They do accept them it says so on their admissions site but I found it after I emailed to ask :(
Also the email is @ med.uvm.edu not @ uvm.edu, the site has both emails but the med one is the real one I think

Well, the 11/10 interviewees are supposed to hear back before the end of the month, so probably some time after that
I was told i'd hear back by thanksgiving and here I am twiddling my thumbs. hopefully you have better luck!

What up beautiful people, Got an II today! My very first one :) What do I need to know! HALLP
Hey!! Congrats nice to hear you got an II!!

The MMI was relaxed (more than other schools!) so this is a great one to start out with. Make sure you know your own app and speak about your experiences :)

Hey!! Congrats nice to hear you got an II!!

The MMI was relaxed (more than other schools!) so this is a great one to start out with. Make sure you know your own app and speak about your experiences :)
Oh sweet so they know your application?