2017-2018 Western Michigan University (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had a phone interview here 12/20. Do people think there is still a hope that I can get an on campus II? Not sure if its been too much time :(
There’s definitely still time left for you to get an II. Idk when interview dates end but you’re still on a good timeline after the phone interview to get one on campus.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a phone interview here 12/20. Do people think there is still a hope that I can get an on campus II? Not sure if its been too much time :(

I didn't get my interview invite until 2 months later, so there is still hope! My phone interview was in September and I just had my on-campus interview about a week ago.

Thank you all so much for the feedback!!! feeling a bit more hopeful :D

Members don't see this ad :)

I would say yes. My phone interview was Sep 8th and I just got my II on Jan 10th. That's over 4 months in between lol

Interview invite today. Chose March 2nd. There was only March 2nd and 9th available.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone that interviewed 1/12 hear back yet?

Does anyone know what time they typically call around? I want to go to the gym but don’t get service there.. I may or may not be looking for an excuse to skip the gym.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what time they typically call around? I want to go to the gym but don’t get service there.. I may or may not be looking for an excuse to skip the gym.
I’m beginning to lose hope on decisions going out today

Dear God, let all of us waiting to hear back get good news tomorrow. In the morning. As early as possible. Please.
Amen

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
welp.. so much for that 13 day trend..

Accepted...just got the call from Kalamazoo!

Reactions: 8 users
Yeah I haven't heard anything yet. Did everyone else have their portal updated to include the financials tab? I don't remember that being there

Yeah I haven't heard anything yet. Did everyone else have their portal updated to include the financials tab? I don't remember that being there
The financials tab has been there since after interviewing I think.. But maybe not idk

That's what I figured. I don't think I ever looked at the portal after the interview until today and it kinda threw me for a loop

I wonder how many this school accepts and how many people get waitlisted -- I feel like I see a ton of WL's, from here especially.. (WL 10/18 for me)

I wonder how many this school accepts and how many people get waitlisted -- I feel like I see a ton of WL's, from here especially.. (WL 10/18 for me)
They do seem to wait list a lot. Although I know several people who have gotten in off the wait list (more got in off WL than by outright acceptance).

Sent from my LG-H872 using SDN mobile

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet? If so, what’re your stats?

Waitlisted today, IS. Interviewed 1/12.Bummer :( Was hoping to get accepted here so I won't have to attend an out-of-state interview.

Just got an II! I did my phone interview on 12/19. The only option I had for the interview was March 9th.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an II! I did my phone interview on 12/19. The only option I had for the interview was March 9th.

Good luck! They host a really great day there in Kalamazoo, so enjoy it!

The way western sent their acceptance email is weird. if i accept a spot in the class, does that mean im bound to the school?

The way western sent their acceptance email is weird. if i accept a spot in the class, does that mean im bound to the school?

I'm not sure, but I think they cannot have a binding acceptance in that way. They participate in AMCAS, so I'd think that all the traditional AMCAS rules apply, like being able to hold multiple seats until April.

According to previous posters, you're not the only one to find the wording confusing. i think nedsson is correct.

Sent from my LG-H872 using SDN mobile

Completed a phone interview 12/04, and have not heard a peep since. Does this mean a rejection is headed my way?

Waitlisted from 1/19 interview date, just now via email

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted off the waitlist!!! Still in shock, I'm so excited!!! :D

Interviewed 10/6
Waitlisted 10/18
Accepted today, 11/16

Did you do anything (ie. send updates/LOI) after getting waitlisted?

Couple of things, guys.

1. most people in our class are from the waitlist. it is a unique way that wmed works their waitlist. do not fret if you are on the waitlist. as jean said on interview day, it is a great place to be.
2. accepting the offer does not bind you to the school, but it does hold your place. wmed is really nice in that it does not require a deposit. so if you want to come here, accept the offer. but if you don't please don't just hold the spot. someone else is waiting for it.
3. congrats to everyone who is either waitlisted or accepted!

hope you guys like the school :)

Reactions: 6 users
Couple of things, guys.

1. most people in our class are from the waitlist. it is a unique way that wmed works their waitlist. do not fret if you are on the waitlist. as jean said on interview day, it is a great place to be.
2. accepting the offer does not bind you to the school, but it does hold your place. wmed is really nice in that it does not require a deposit. so if you want to come here, accept the offer. but if you don't please don't just hold the spot. someone else is waiting for it.
3. congrats to everyone who is either waitlisted or accepted!

hope you guys like the school :)

Thank you for that little bit of reassurance! It can be difficult to be patient :)