2018-2019 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ARCOM was really impressive. The faculty seemed very, very, very, committed to making their first go around boards/rotations/placements extremely successful. The interview itself was nice, and I felt that with it being blind, you are quite forced to be yourself. Hours spent on a PS and secondary become meaningless unless you want to just regurgitate vague statements to their specific questions.

The community that backs the school seems excited, and the area is actually pretty nice. Small, but lots of stuff to do. I spent a day going around to the parks and to the local uni, meeting some of the friendliest people I've ever met. Didn't expect the impression that part of Arkansas would make on me to be that big. Didn't think I'd want to go back this much.
Can I pm you a question? If so, can you start a pm with me? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here on 10/16! Anyone else going that day? There's also a Meet and Greet the preceding day (10/15). Planning to go to that too

Received secondary today! I scheduled my casper test, but there was only one date in September and unfortunately that date doesn't work for me. First avail after was October 3, although this is "optional" will the school wait to receive that score before granting a possible interview if I have submitted everything prior?

thanks!

Received secondary today! I scheduled my casper test, but there was only one date in September and unfortunately that date doesn't work for me. First avail after was October 3, although this is "optional" will the school wait to receive that score before granting a possible interview if I have submitted everything prior?

thanks!

I have an interview next week and no casper.

Reactions: 1 user
For those you who already got an II THIS YEAR, could you tell us whether you have a DO letter already in file? I already have a kind soul answering above, but just wanted to ask the rest of y'all. I am not sure if my app is going to stuck in pre-II stage w/o a DO letter...

For those you who already got an II THIS YEAR, could you tell us whether you have a DO letter already in file? I already have a kind soul answering above, but just wanted to ask the rest of y'all. I am not sure if my app is going to stuck in pre-II stage w/o a DO letter...
Last year, they interviewed people without a DO letter, but then their post interview decisions were put on old till they submitted a letter. If you really wanna be sure of this, I would call the admissions office they are super friendly people, and they won't mind you calling and ask.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users

I had a DO letter in my packet when I got my II

II with DO letter.

I have a DO letter also

Members don't see this ad :)

II with a DO letter

I think they are supposed to start calling people next week after labor day.

Reactions: 1 user
They did mention we would hear today right? Or was it anytime this week?

glad everyone's anxiety is spiked today. When did everyone interview??

Guys, check your portals! Acceptances are out for the first batch of interviewers

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just checked the portal: "Congratulations on your acceptance to Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine" OMG First acceptance!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Does yall checklist read 100%? My on campus interview is still uncheck and its at 86%.

Does yall checklist read 100%? My on campus interview is still uncheck and its at 86%.

I think they update it once they make a decision. Mine says 86% as well but I interviewed on the 28th so I still have to wait until next week for a decision

I think they update it once they make a decision. Mine says 86% as well but I interviewed on the 28th so I still have to wait until next week for a decision

I interviewed the 1st day. So i guess still gotta wait?

Interviewing here on 10/16! Anyone else going that day? There's also a Meet and Greet the preceding day (10/15). Planning to go to that too
Ill be there as well but won't make the meet and greet, gotta work :(

For those that have been accepted, what date did you interview?

Anyone from the first batch still haven't heard back?

I interviewed on 8/24 and still silent on my front.... getting nervous.
I interviewed on 8/21 and have not heard anything. When i try to go look at my portal at my status, it just takes me to the main website now. I am guessing that is not a good sign?

I interviewed on 8/21 and have not heard anything. When i try to go look at my portal at my status, it just takes me to the main website now. I am guessing that is not a good sign?
I guess no news is good news. When I go to the portal it still just says "Thanks for applying to ACROM" and my application checklist still is at 87% with the on-campus interview portion not checked off. So I don't know what to think at this point other than being glad it's not a rejection? I felt I did extremely well during my interview. They even told me to tell my wife to keep an eye out for job openings when they open the PT/OT/PA school so she can come to teach at the PT school. I had mentioned that she was a physical therapist in the interview. I thought for sure I was in, but who knows.

When I called the school today they said that the whole thing was a massive glitch and not to trust anything that isn't directly from them. Apparently their system is new and they have been getting calls from worried students all day. They said they are still planning on calling those who they accept and that letters will be sent out as well.

Reactions: 1 users