2018-2019 Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II to CCLCM and Case 5 mins later!! So excited! The only thing is I couldn't find any available open dates for CCLCM...wonder if they'll add more soon

Members don't see this ad.

From reading the previous year's thread, it looks like we will be considered in the first committee meeting. If we are placed on the alternate list at that time, we will be considered again in the second committee meeting.
When are the committee meetings held?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh shoot i was gonna send an update but thought it was pointless since i thought they met already

Sorry I think it was actually yesterday (12/11!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry I think it was actually yesterday (12/11!)

Sorry to add to extra confusion, but at my interview I heard the meeting would be last thursday, 12/6!

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry to add to extra confusion, but at my interview I heard the meeting would be last thursday, 12/6!

I think I heard something similar as well (that i was early december but not sure). I sent updates to a lot of my schools over the weekend but avoided here since I thought they met already. I guess if I get deferred until the second round I can always update them then. Just gotta hope I don't get an immediate R.

I think I heard something similar as well (that i was early december but not sure). I sent updates to a lot of my schools over the weekend but avoided here since I thought they met already. I guess if I get deferred until the second round I can always update them then. Just gotta hope I don't get an immediate R.

For sure, hoping for good luck for us all! Do you have any info on the rounds and when decisions come out? My interviewer is the one who told me when the committee meets, but they didn't say anything about how soon after that to expect news and neither did anyone else.

For sure, hoping for good luck for us all! Do you have any info on the rounds and when decisions come out? My interviewer is the one who told me when the committee meets, but they didn't say anything about how soon after that to expect news and neither did anyone else.

They notify the first 16 acceptances in like the 3rd week of december and the rest here by February i think. I'm not sure on the specifics though.

I sent an email but haven't received a response yet. Are you trying to schedule the CWRU and CCLCM interviews back to back? Thats what i want haha

Yeah I'm also waiting to hear back via email. I feel relieved to know I'm not the only one! I was worried the II was too good to be true and I wouldn't be able to actually get an interview date lol

Ideally I would want to schedule them back to back, but I already scheduled my CWRU for Jan and I have a feeling the CCLCM one's not gonna line up perfectly

CCLCM doesn't ghost people do they? Haven't heard anything since my phone interview in October

Members don't see this ad :)
CCLCM doesn't ghost people do they? Haven't heard anything since my phone interview in October

In a similar situation - waiting since early October. It doesn’t look too good for me right now but they did say they’ll let me know by dec 31 at the latest regarding my status change.

In previous years the first 16 heard back on Monday, I wonder if they call PI's over the weekend in that case.

Next Monday?

Yeah last year they called on Monday the 18th according to the previous years thread. I'm hoping that means they'll call this year on Monday the 17th. Usually PI's hear back first though so that would mean they'd have to call them either Friday or sometime over the weekend. My PI cant keep a secret so if they get a call I have a feeling Ill know :p

They notify the first 16 acceptances in like the 3rd week of december and the rest here by February i think. I'm not sure on the specifics though.
The first ranking meeting was this past Tuesday on 12/11. The second ranking meeting will be on 2/5/19. Scoring for each candidates discussed were tabulated this week and will generate rank order. The PIs of the first 16 accepted will be contacted, probably starting next Monday. Discussion regarding your passion for research, your involvement in the research project and how well you got along with the research team will be discussed. This will take about a week, so the earliest that the first 16 accepted will hear from Dr. Franco, is after 12/20-12/21. Generally, the first 16 will be notified just before Christmas. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 2 users
The first ranking meeting was this past Tuesday on 12/11. The second ranking meeting will be on 2/5/19. Scoring for each candidates discussed were tabulated this week and will generate rank order. The PIs of the first 16 accepted will be contacted, probably starting next Monday. Discussion regarding your passion for research, your involvement in the research project and how well you got along with the research team will be discussed. This will take about a week, so the earliest that the first 16 accepted will hear from Dr. Franco, is after 12/20-12/21. Generally, the first 16 will be notified just before Christmas. Good luck to all!

Thanks for the clarification! So do they do any rejections/waitlists in the first round as well or is everyone who doesn't hear back reconsidered for the second round in February?

Thanks for the clarification! So do they do any rejections/waitlists in the first round as well or is everyone who doesn't hear back reconsidered for the second round in February?
I'm not on the adcom, but if it is similar to last year then applicants who aren't accepted in the first round can be deferred to the second round, placed on the alternate list, or rejected. Based on last few years, it seems applicants don't receive notification if they have been deferred, but the absence of a waitlist or rejection notice means you are in this first category. Again, things may have changed this year, but this is what seems most likely. Best of luck!

I'm not on the adcom, but if it is similar to last year then applicants who aren't accepted in the first round can be deferred to the second round, placed on the alternate list, or rejected. Based on last few years, it seems applicants don't receive notification if they have been deferred, but the absence of a waitlist or rejection notice means you are in this first category. Again, things may have changed this year, but this is what seems most likely. Best of luck!

Ok thanks! I'm really hoping if I don't get accepted that I get deferred because I have some major updates I want to share that might help me out in the second round.

Ok thanks! I'm really hoping if I don't get accepted that I get deferred because I have some major updates I want to share that might help me out in the second round.
I remember how stressful the application cycle was last year for me. After some disappointing news from other schools in October (unrelated to CCLCM), I wasn't expecting an acceptance from this school at all, especially not in the first round. But I was proven wrong and have been grateful ever since. I wish you the same outcome!

I remember how stressful the application cycle was last year for me. After some disappointing news from other schools in October (unrelated to CCLCM), I wasn't expecting an acceptance from this school at all, especially not in the first round. But I was proven wrong and have been grateful ever since. I wish you the same outcome!

Thank you for that! :)

This past week was filled with disappointing news for me so this really helps, especially since Lerner is my number 1 choice, it's the only thing that would keep me in Cleveland haha. If it ends in rejection I'll still be grateful to have been considered but I'll keep my hopes up until then.

@adcom101 Do you happen to know if all interview slots are filled? Is Lerner still giving out interviews?

@adcom101 Do you happen to know if all interview slots are filled? Is Lerner still giving out interviews?
Sorry but I don't know or privileged to have this information. The process this year is same as last year. If you are not rejected by the end of December, your application is still open and active and will be considered in the second ranking meeting.

This first ranking meeting was very tough! About 60 applicants were ranked and almost all had MCATS of 520 and higher! The quality of applicants interviewed so far was something I've never seen before!

Lastly, only provide meaningful updates like an accepted publication.

Well it was an honor to interview here and I would love to attend but the above post makes that sound very unlikely given my low MCAT - guess I can now relax and just let the river flow lol

Reactions: 4 users
Got a rejection for Case Western a few weeks ago but still silent here since mid August:/

How many people have they interviewed so far? 60?

Sorry but I don't know or privileged to have this information. The process this year is same as last year. If you are not rejected by the end of December, your application is still open and active and will be considered in the second ranking meeting.

This first ranking meeting was very tough! About 60 applicants were ranked and almost all had MCATS of 520 and higher! The quality of applicants interviewed so far was something I've never seen before!

Well now I'm glad i didn't send in my more recent update. Sent one in about a publication earlier on and was going to send another one about a recent poster/abstract presentation at a conference along with some other minor things but looks like the first update was the only worthwhile one.

How many people have they interviewed so far? 60?

I feel like it has to have been more by now. They interview 240 total and we're pretty far into the cycle at this point. Although I'm not sure what adcom101 meant by the 60 being ranked. Maybe they rank those they're most interested in and the rest are rejected or waitlisted?

Only 60 out of those that have interviewed so far had made the cut in prior subcommittee meetings to get to the ranking meeting. Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ha wow, if I was applying now I probably wouldn’t have even got an interview... crazy

What exactly does being "ranked" mean? Do be accepted to you have to be ranked? How many people get ranked out of the interviewees?
Judging from what has been said before (by adcom101 and others), the top 60 or so applicants of the 120 or so interviewed so far are ranked in order. They then call PIs to make sure everything is what you said it is and you play well with others. If everything is true, the top 16 are offered admission, while the rest can be either deferred to the next ranking meeting in February or rejected. Yep, I pay attention, but still got the R. I checked the thread anyway since I'm rooting for some of you.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm surprised no one has reported their PI being called yet.

I would be more surprised if 16 people could keep a secret. Pm'd you.

Haha yeah maybe no one was called yet? Or all 16 people arent on sdn? Although i find fhat hard to believe haha.

Haha yeah maybe no one was called yet? Or all 16 people arent on sdn? Although i find fhat hard to believe haha.
I could see them trying to shorten the week long window and reach them all around the same time to increase the chances it will be kept secret

I could see them trying to shorten the week long window and reach them all around the same time to increase the chances it will be kept secret
all I know is I can't breathe

The only issue i see with that is if they're calling 60 different PI's then youd think that's gonna take some time to get ahold of all of them.

The only issue i see with that is if they're calling 60 different PI's then youd think that's gonna take some time to get ahold of all of them.
What I gathered from the prior posts was that they are only contacting the PI's of the top 16, I could be wrong though!

What I gathered from the prior posts was that they are only contacting the PI's of the top 16, I could be wrong though!

Ah that would make a lot more sense. If that's the case i guess not getting a call won't be as bad since i don't expect to be in the top 16.

Ah that would make a lot more sense. If that's the case i guess not getting a call won't be as bad since i don't expect to be in the top 16.

Only the first 16 accepted PIs will be called. I am not sure if acceptance calls have already been made by Dr. Franco, and whether or not those accepted will post here. It would be helpful information for everyone if you are one of the first 16 to acknowledge a CCLCM acceptance.

Only the first 16 accepted PIs will be called. I am not sure if acceptance calls have already been made by Dr. Franco, and whether or not those accepted will post here. It would be helpful information for everyone if you are one of the first 16 to acknowledge a CCLCM acceptance.

On my Primary I did not include my PI's Phone Number, rather her email. Do you see this as being an issue or am I worrying about nothing?

On my Primary I did not include my PI's Phone Number, rather her email. Do you see this as being an issue or am I worrying about nothing?

Hey! I am sure it's OK. The building where my lab is at decided to get new phone numbers for every PI some time late in the summer, so I ended up including a number that is now useless lol. Having that said, I am sure that a quick Google search would provide the contact information that they would need - and worst case, they will probably email the PI to request the phone contact information and schedule a call :) Don't worry!