2018-2019 Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! I am sure it's OK. The building where my lab is at decided to get new phone numbers for every PI some time late in the summer, so I ended up including a number that is now useless lol. Having that said, I am sure that a quick Google search would provide the contact information that they would need - and worst case, they will probably email the PI to request the phone contact information and schedule a call :) Don't worry!
Thank you! I tend to overthink these things :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be seeing my PI Thursday and the first thing I'm gonna ask is if he's heard anything from them :p

I can't believe how slow this week feels. I thought finals would keep me busy but apparently not...

I'll be seeing my PI Thursday and the first thing I'm gonna ask is if he's heard anything from them :p

I can't believe how slow this week feels. I thought finals would keep me busy but apparently not...
Imagine the pain of not having anything else to think about or stress about than this...... Good luck on finals though! I am sure you will kill it!

Reactions: 1 users
Imagine the pain of not having anything else to think about or stress about than this...... Good luck on finals though! I am sure you will kill it!

Haha that does sound painful, at least while I'm studying it keeps me from thinking about it but every time i take a break my mind comes back to sdn (mainly this thread lol). I think I've become addicted, I'm on here way too often. Hopefully med school will cure that :p

Honestly guys, we have a lot to be grateful for. How many people interview at Lerner?
We were given a great honor. I certainly didn't have a 520 on the MCAT or a perfect GPA, so I'm losing hope. But, I am forever thankful I got the opportunity to interview. The Lerner faculty are truly surreal and I hope the 16 enjoy this opportunity!

Reactions: 5 users
Honestly guys, we have a lot to be grateful for. How many people interview at Lerner?
We were given a great honor. I certainly didn't have a 520 on the MCAT or a perfect GPA, so I'm losing hope. But, I am forever thankful I got the opportunity to interview. The Lerner faculty are truly surreal and I hope the 16 enjoy this opportunity!

You're right, I'm definitely grateful to even hold an acceptance at any school right now. Still gonna hold out hope for here though haha. But yeah being one of the ~240 to interview here is definitely something I'm grateful for.

You're right, I'm definitely grateful to even hold an acceptance at any school right now. Still gonna hold out hope for here though haha. But yeah being one of the ~240 to interview here is definitely something I'm grateful for.
Same here! It was so cool it even be considered no matter the outcome.

Yeah... even a 520 on the MCAT didn’t get me an interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yet here I am with a <510 and got a phone interview. Strange world… not that I’m expecting to move past this stage but it was some good interview practice and an even better conversation

I don’t think stats alone make up a great PI. And, I’m sure the 60 ranked were some top class human beings- not just stat heavy applicants. They obviously saw something in your apps that made them invest time into talking with you. I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn from these giants of medicine

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yet here I am with a <510 and got a phone interview. Strange world… not that I’m expecting to move past this stage but it was some good interview practice and an even better conversation
When was your phone interview? I still haven't heard anything from them either, was cool to even just talk to someone here about my passion for research

I like how we support each other in this thread <3

When was your phone interview? I still haven't heard anything from them either, was cool to even just talk to someone here about my passion for research
At risk of giving away too much identifiable information on a public thread, feel free to pm-ing me.

It won't let me pm-you, can you message me?

I can’t either. That’s why I tried following you / asking you to message me. Haha. Try following me back and messaging?

In a similar situation - waiting since early October. It doesn’t look too good for me right now but they did say they’ll let me know by dec 31 at the latest regarding my status change.
Are they going to let all people who had a phone interview know by December 31st? Mine was in October too.

Phone Interview in October and just now got a rejection e-mail that I was not invited to a formal interview :(

Phone Interview in October and just now got a rejection e-mail that I was not invited to a formal interview :(

Thank you for sharing. I know it wasn’t easy… :-/

R post-phone interview. I hope some of you received formal interviews!

Sorry to hear about the rejections :(

Did you all just get notified recently? Was it an email or just in the portal? Last year they just rejected people in the portal without saying anything so just trying to figure out if I should keep checking or not

Sorry to hear about the rejections :(

Did you all just get notified recently? Was it an email or just in the portal? Last year they just rejected people in the portal without saying anything so just trying to figure out if I should keep checking or not

It came via email but there was a copy on the portal too. Yeah, notified yesterday.

So if our PI doesn't get a call this week it means we're not in the first round of acceptances (top 16) but does that mean we'll still hear something back next week (like waitlist, deferred, rejected, etc.) or will we just have to wait until february to hear anything?

I'm usually not this impatient but whenever it gets close to decision time I can't help but keep thinking about it :confused:

So if our PI doesn't get a call this week it means we're not in the first round of acceptances (top 16) but does that mean we'll still hear something back next week (like waitlist, deferred, rejected, etc.) or will we just have to wait until february to hear anything?

I'm usually not this impatient but whenever it gets close to decision time I can't help but keep thinking about it :confused:

Yeah same. Right now, I have a nasty cold, I’m trying to rest but my heart stops everytime my phone rings, I don’t know if my ill body can keep taking that lol. Gotta love uncertainty

I interviewed today and they were meeting at 3! Hope y'all hear something good!

I interviewed today and they were meeting at 3! Hope y'all hear something good!

Wow thanks so much for letting us know! Maybe they got delayed a bit since someone said they were meeting last week. I hope this means we'll hear something by tomorrow.

Wow thanks so much for letting us know! Maybe they got delayed a bit since someone said they were meeting last week. I hope this means we'll hear something by tomorrow.
The adcom meets every 2 weeks to review the interviewees for the past two weeks. They are scored based on the three interviews (2 faculty and 1 student). The score achieved on these meetings determine if they get to the ranking meeting. The ranking meeting did occur as mentioned in my prior post.

The adcom meets every 2 weeks to review the interviewees for the past two weeks. They are scored based on the three interviews (2 faculty and 1 student). The score achieved on these meetings determine if they get to the ranking meeting. The ranking meeting did occur as mentioned in my prior post.

Ahh ok thanks for clarifying! Maybe the people who's PI's got a call just arent on sdn? Or maybe their PI's are keeping it a secret?

I asked my PI and he hasn't heard anything so i guess im not one of the first 16. I really hope I at least made it to the ranking meeting so I still have a chance next round. Do they reject people right away who don't make it to the ranking meeting? Like if we havent been rejected yet can we assume weve at least been ranked? Sorry for all the questions!

I wish we could all just learn at the same time what our disposition is. I realize that the process is complex. Nonetheless, I think that we are all going through some anxiety in our lives and I think the majority of us would like to know if we should keep holding our breaths or not

Ahh ok thanks for clarifying! Maybe the people who's PI's got a call just arent on sdn? Or maybe their PI's are keeping it a secret?

I asked my PI and he hasn't heard anything so i guess im not one of the first 16. I really hope I at least made it to the ranking meeting so I still have a chance next round. Do they reject people right away who don't make it to the ranking meeting? Like if we havent been rejected yet can we assume weve at least been ranked? Sorry for all the questions!
The simple answer is if you have not receive a rejection notice, your application is still active and would be considered for the second ranking meeting. Rejections do occur after interviews and after the ranking meeting.

The simple answer is if you have not receive a rejection notice, your application is still active and would be considered for the second ranking meeting. Rejections do occur after interviews and after the ranking meeting.

ok sounds good, then I'll just be happy I haven't been rejected yet and try to relax until there's some official news haha

Wait so have the first 16 acceptances been sent out or not yet?

PI's should have been called by now apparently and interviewees should be notified on Monday. I don't know If that's still gonna happen though because Monday is Christmas Eve lol. I would've expected them to be off but who knows?

So last year no one reported hearing anything until they got the call on Monday so maybe (if they're actually calling on Christmas Eve) some people will find a nice gift under their tree :p (and hopefully report it for the rest of us ppor souls).

So last year no one reported hearing anything until they got the call on Monday so maybe (if they're actually calling on Christmas Eve) some people will find a nice gift under their tree :p (and hopefully report it for the rest of us ppor souls).

I still believe in Santa for what its worth

Hey... did anyone who got a phone interview get invited to a formal interview?

Hey... did anyone who got a phone interview get invited to a formal interview?

A bunch of people were rejected post phone interview already so they might still be considering people. Haven't seen anyone report an interview invite after one yet but i might've missed it.

No one has heard anything yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk