2018-2019 Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I am assuming i am alright with my 512 MCAT (130 CP, 125 CARS and 130 B/B)...?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So I am assuming i am alright with my 512 MCAT (130 CP, 125 CARS and 130 B/B)...?

If there is one thing to be low in, CARS is it. And if you have a foreign background (like your parents or you or whatever), then you probably get even more leeway according to people on SDN and in real life.

Congrats on the 130s on B/B and C/P though!

Reactions: 1 user
@Unlimited Apps haha thank god I am URM (hispanic) but english was my first language and im not a fluent spanish speaker... would have been nice if my grandma taught me spanish but she thought it would make me stupid -_- Thanks grandma! And thank you haha I was really surprised by the CP score because i got the section from he!!

Members don't see this ad :)
@Unlimited Apps haha thank god I am URM (hispanic) but english was my first language and im not a fluent spanish speaker... would have been nice if my grandma taught me spanish but she thought it would make me stupid -_- Thanks grandma! And thank you haha I was really surprised by the CP score because i got the section from he!!

I am not originally from the US and my highest section score was in CARS. CARS always scared the **** out of me but for some reason I survived. I honest to god thought I had a 130 C/P based on a pretty favorable section (thank god no orgo) but ended up with a 129. I blame the curve lol. It really is impossible to tell right after a test how you did.

If there is one thing to be low in, CARS is it. And if you have a foreign background (like your parents or you or whatever), then you probably get even more leeway according to people on SDN and in real life.

Congrats on the 130s on B/B and C/P though!

What would you consider a low section score? (129 CP, 130 CARS, 128 BB, 130PS)

Stupid question - I feel like I must be missing something in the email, but where does it say how to create a password on the secondary application site?

How long would you say it took them to read through your secondary and request an interview? Also, do you know how the admissions team feels about letters of intent?
Let's see, sent my secondary on 7/31. App completion email on 8/31. Got II on 10/30.

Honestly, I don't know how they are with LOIs. I think the general consensus is they can't hurt, but I'd include your LOI stuff with an update if possible.

What two-ish words would describe Dartmouth's "reputation"? For example, Georgetown would probably be social justice

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else's application say that their LOR haven't been received? That seems to be the only thing holding up my app completion. If I click on the link it shows my committee letter (which is my only letter), but still says "not received."
AMCAS primary is verified and everything.

Secondary submitted and complete! Dartmouth is my dream school! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Darmouth is such an incredible school! Hope I hear back from them! Good luck to everyone applying!

Is dartmouth only sending secondaries to verified applicants this year? I see a ton of people already getting their secondaries but haven't got mine yet. P.S my application isn't verified yet.

Does anyone know how to login for the secondary? It keeps asking for my net ID, which I obviously don't have lol

Anyone else still not have their letters of rec marked as complete? Is it just because Dartmouth has to download them from AMCAS and it takes time to get through all the applications? Should this worry me yet?

Anyone else still not have their letters of rec marked as complete? Is it just because Dartmouth has to download them from AMCAS and it takes time to get through all the applications? Should this worry me yet?
Check under document status to see if they have come in. I called their office today because I had a similar problem where my letters were shown as received on the document status but on the status page it said not received and that my application was not complete. The lady I spoke to said it was a bug and that I was confirmed in their system and that she would speak to IT regarding why I wasn't showing up as confirmed. So you can try calling to make sure!

Check under document status to see if they have come in. I called their office today because I had a similar problem where my letters were shown as received on the document status but on the status page it said not received and that my application was not complete. The lady I spoke to said it was a bug and that I was confirmed in their system and that she would speak to IT regarding why I wasn't showing up as confirmed. So you can try calling to make sure!
Thanks for that! I'll do that right now.

I'm having trouble signing into the portal... where do I make a password?

Applying here with low MCAT? I know they use a holistic approach.

I'm having trouble signing into the portal... where do I make a password?
Were you able to find out how to make the password? I am having the same issue.

Nevermind. I got it working. I clicked 'Forget Password' and (for some reason) it didn't take me to a random page.

Last edited:
Sooooo, I submitted my secondary with a sight typo. Funny thing is, its not huge and I really don't even care. Darty is definitely one of my top pick and I said 'in the rest of the words' instead of 'in the rest of the world' but somehow I've reached a stage of enlightenment where I've simply gone through so much (getting MCAT, submitting AMCAS, submitting all my other secondaries) that I just can't care anymore.

What I really wanna ask about in this post:
How strict are you guys being about getting your secondaries in within 2 weeks? I was on vacation the first week that I got all of my secondaries so I didn't even start chipping away at my non-pre-written (though outlined) 19 secondaries until week 2 so its going to be 3 if not 4 weeks for some. Just looking for your opinion. Thanks

Sooooo, I submitted my secondary with a sight typo. Funny thing is, its not huge and I really don't even care. Darty is definitely one of my top pick and I said 'in the rest of the words' instead of 'in the rest of the world' but somehow I've reached a stage of enlightenment where I've simply gone through so much (getting MCAT, submitting AMCAS, submitting all my other secondaries) that I just can't care anymore.

How strict are you guys being about getting your secondaries in within 2 weeks? I was on vacation the first week that I got all of my secondaries so I didn't even start chipping away at my non-pre-written (though outlined) 19 secondaries until week 2 so its going to be 3 if not 4 weeks for some. Just looking for your opinion. Thanks
From what I heard, it is not a huge problem. Late July is still relatively early to submit

I'm in the exact same boat. I went on a 2 week vacation and one of those weeks was when all the secondaries were released. I'm just doing the best I can. Some are over 2 weeks, but trying to keep as many as possible under. I think we are fine.

Anyone still waiting on a secondary? my AMCAS got verified 7/20, and still haven't received one from here yet...

Anyone know how hard and fast the Biochem requirement is? I have one quarter of Biochem and an extra Ochem class. For a school that has an incredible amount of premeds my undergrad makes it hard as heck to actually meet requirements. I'm also short 0.6 units of Gen Chem at nearly every school I'm applying to.

Also I wouldn't worry about not getting a secondary yet they don't even start interviewing until September.

what were the Dartmouth secondary essay prompts?

How long did it take for you to receive your secondary. I got a much better MCAT score then I thought and I’m debating whether to submit a primary now

How long did it take for you to receive your secondary. I got a much better MCAT score then I thought and I’m debating whether to submit a primary now
Mine took 3 days. If I was in your situation, I would go for it. It's still July and it's a great school

Mine took 3 days. If I was in your situation, I would go for it. It's still July and it's a great school
THANK YOU CASSIE YOU HAVE ****ING INSPIRED ME IM ****ING DOING IT. YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what they mean by "Department" on the secondary application for the prerequisite part?

Does anyone know what they mean by "Department" on the secondary application for the prerequisite part?
I took this to mean like "Department of Chemistry" or "Department of Physics", at my university those are the departments, for example, orgo and physics are listed under.