2018-2019 Georgetown University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
submitted 7/16, really hope to hear something this month

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I am so excited for you.... but it is so discouraging... I submitted my application at the beginning of july... and still nothing.... damn it.
Thanks. Seriously keep your head up it is still so early in the cycle there's a long long way to go. Also pretty sure someone earlier on this thread corroborated the theory that there are several reviewers who each work at different paces. You are likely still in much better shape than those submitting later

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Seriously keep your head up it is still so early in the cycle there's a long long way to go. Also pretty sure someone earlier on this thread corroborated the theory that there are several reviewers who each work at different paces. You are likely still in much better shape than those submitting later
thank you for words of encouragement. I appreciate it. Waiting is tough. I want to have just ONE interview invite, so that I can start thinking about it, and getting prepared for it. Because right now I am in this "frozen in space" phase... When nothing moves (I know, that this is probably how the majority of people here feel like)..

Reactions: 7 users
II yesterday
Submitted 7/2
Complete 7/26 (lol)
Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
II just now, 3.85/525
Secondary received: 7/7
Secondary complete: 7/26

I realize it's still early on in the cycle, but the lack of IIs for me (meaning none so far) is kind of discouraging. Just have to keep pushing!!

Reactions: 8 users
I realize it's still early on in the cycle, but the lack of IIs for me (meaning none so far) is kind of discouraging. Just have to keep pushing!!
you know, it looks like we have very similar stats, and I am in the same boat. No II's, depressed :)). Every day I keep thinking about all these people who already got II's, and I cannot help but think, - maybe I am way over my head on this one?
Btw, what is your state of residency?

you know, it looks like we have very similar stats, and I am in the same boat. No II's, depressed :)). Every day I keep thinking about all these people who already got II's, and I cannot help but think, - maybe I am way over my head on this one?
Btw, what is your state of residency?

Yeah I feel that! At least no rejections yet, but an interview waitlist I got was a little annoying! Besides that it's been pretty much radio silence on my end. Decided to stop checking my email 10-15 times per day lol. I'm from VA! Figured UVA was out of the running, but still hopeful for EVMS, VCU, and Tech since I did a program through them. Was hopeful for a VCU II, but not looking too amazing as of now.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I feel that! At least no rejections yet, but an interview waitlist I got was a little annoying! Besides that it's been pretty much radio silence on my end. Decided to stop checking my email 10-15 times per day lol. I'm from VA! Figured UVA was out of the running, but still hopeful for EVMS, VCU, and Tech since I did a program through them. Was hopeful for a VCU II, but not looking too amazing as of now.
everything you just said, - it is TOTALLY me. where did you get pre-interview waitlist?

everything you just said, - it is TOTALLY me. where did you get pre-interview waitlist?

That’s hilarious! I got it from WVU! I was initially happy with VCU seeing I hadn’t been rejected and people who submitted before me got IIs...then I noticed people who submitted well after me were getting IIs too

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Same boat, although I think SDN skews your views a little because it is still SO early...I keep telling myself that anyways haha

Any flat out rejections from this school or is it silent reject?

Any flat out rejections from this school or is it silent reject?
Previous threads show a blood bath of rejections in September or so. Don’t worry. They’re coming.

For those with II, how long was your application “under review” before a decision was rendered?

Did they send any II after July26th complete date?

Complete 7/16 with no word yet. Unsure whether to still have hope or accept my fate at the red wedding presumably next month.
Completed the same day and silence here too

Noticed a verb tense error and an extra word in one of my sentences on secondary. Time to withdraw and pack for the Caribbean lol

Reactions: 11 users
submitted 6/29.... still under review....

I was complete 7/10 so a little later but I am getting stressed at this point the more I hear about II's. There are several schools that are already offering II's for applicants who submitted well after I did so as much as I try to remind myself that it is still early, I am still internally freaking out lmao

Reactions: 5 users
I was complete 7/10 so a little later but I am getting stressed at this point the more I hear about II's. There are several schools that are already offering II's for applicants who submitted well after I did so as much as I try to remind myself that it is still early, I am still internally freaking out lmao
dude :))). I UNDERSTAND EXACTLY how you feel. What makes me worry is that STATISTICALLY (my numbers) I should be ok, I am right in the smack middle of their range. But, obviously, it doesn't mean everything.... I am trying to remind myself that it is still early as well.

Does anyone have any insight into the optional class visit? Is it worth doing on interview day or is it better to just worry about the interview and then visit a class at second look if accepted? I feel like I'm going to be so stressed about the interview that I won't be able to focus on anything beforehand

Would anyone mind explaining what the learning societies are exactly? I was browsing GU's webpage and they came up, but I couldn't find anything else about them. Thank you!

Would anyone mind explaining what the learning societies are exactly? I was browsing GU's webpage and they came up, but I couldn't find anything else about them. Thank you!
gryffindor slytherin hufflepuff ravenclaw

Hey, does the secondary count spaces as characters? I submitted my app late so I don't have my secondary yet but I'm pre-writing the essays

So they exist as a way to create a sense of community among students I guess?

Does anyone have any insight into the optional class visit? Is it worth doing on interview day or is it better to just worry about the interview and then visit a class at second look if accepted? I feel like I'm going to be so stressed about the interview that I won't be able to focus on anything beforehand
Also interested in this. When are you interviewing?

Guysss I put my AAMC ID in the header of my essay, and the pdf I uploaded has a number from it missing DAMMIT. How bad will this look

Guysss I put my AAMC ID in the header of my essay, and the pdf I uploaded has a number from it missing DAMMIT. How bad will this look
Uh oh were we supposed to put our ID number in it somewhere??

No, I just thought it wouldn’t hurt to add it. Clearly could hurt now, lmao
Just email then and say you found a mistake and wish to correct it. They should be more than willing or you can upload a message to the update portion of the portal.

Does anyone know if Georgetown responds to in the area requests? I'm not sure if I should send one.

No new II on here in almost 2 weeks now? Hopefully the next batch is coming soon.

Am I witnessing tragedy unfold on this thread haha

II at 10:30 ish!! OOS, 515/3.65, completed on 7/24, strong tie to DC

Reactions: 4 users
I'm doing the class visit bc I'm flying in from OOS, so I think the more I can absorb on my interview day, the better... if I have the luxury of multiple acceptances this spring idk if I can afford to go to multiple second look days. They're also the only school that offered one so maybe it will help give me perspective for other interviews! Mine is a week from today, 8/28.
I signed up for the class visit too but am unsure of my travel plans. I told them and they said if I can’t make it it’s no big deal! I’m interviewing on 8/29. Best of luck to you! :)

That was not really obvious. I will be in town for an interview at GW in October and I see no problem with asking. Thanks for your help.

Yeah it’s a good idea for schools that are receptive to them. I just don’t know if Georgetown is. Do you?